PDA

View Full Version : Just Receive A Cd Burner

Mr. Elmo
02-05-2004, 11:55 PM
okya, i just got a new cd burner and i installed it. powered up and put a cd in there to test it....and the drive is workign but no audio? wtf....if i take a pair of headphones and plug it into the headphones jack on teh cd burner, i can hear the music, but if i plug it into the jack on the comp, its nothing. is it becuz i connected the audio cable from teh cd burner to my "cd1" header on my mobo?

tesco
02-06-2004, 12:03 AM
if you are using windows media player then there is a setting in tools>options to select digital audio or analog audio, make it digital and then you will get your sound and if it works it is a problem with the header on the mobo, the wire or the plug on the back of the cd drive for your anolog audio.

Maximus359
02-06-2004, 05:00 PM
Yeah thats the only thought that comes to mind, other than that, pull out ide & plug em back in.

also check you have the audio out cable to your sound card

tesco
02-07-2004, 05:29 AM
yeah he said he does have the sound cable to the motherboard...actually just realized, are you using the onboard sound or a sound card? because if you are using a sound cars it shoudl be hooked up to tha not the mobo.

Mr. Elmo
02-07-2004, 06:34 AM
:frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: yea im usign onboard. k now to fix it. ty rossco