PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions On Monitor

hebronsb
02-06-2004, 05:40 PM
I have a crt monitor that is only 5 years old or so and it just started to fizzle and cut out sometimes, it comes back eventually but it is annoying. It is cheap and easy to buy a new one but I wanted to know if anyone knew of any hardware tricks or software that might help (I know this is not a SW form but I had to ask). :helpsmile:

Since I will probably end up getting a new monitor Id like to hear what people prefer and check out what is out there. So any suggestions on good monitors that are under 100 bucks please post. Thanks for your help...

bigdawgfoxx
02-06-2004, 05:53 PM
I would buy a new one. 5 year old one must look like crap. I just bought a new 17in Ultra Bright Viewsonic. It is nice and the color is great and it is a flat SCREEN, not pannel. The only problem is the margins are kinda wierd at the top and curve, but I have gotten completley used to it now and barley notice it. It cost me $130 off of newegg.com. Samsung also makes good monitors. Sony is the best in my opinion with their Trinitron, but they are very exspensive.

jasonmog
02-07-2004, 01:00 AM
I have 2 or 3 monitors that don't work gr. I'd rather get them fixed, anyone know how?

SciManAl
02-07-2004, 01:08 AM
I have 2 or 3 monitors that don't work gr. I'd rather get them fixed, anyone know how?

A better question is; what is your Skill level with circut boards and guns??

Keikan
02-07-2004, 01:47 AM
NEC or LG

peat moss
02-07-2004, 04:34 AM
View sonic all the way 17 in crt about 150 can. these days good buy . I'd stay away from the lcd myself

tesco
02-07-2004, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@6 February 2004 - 12:53
I would buy a new one. 5 year old one must look like crap. I just bought a new 17in Ultra Bright Viewsonic. It is nice and the color is great and it is a flat SCREEN, not pannel. The only problem is the margins are kinda wierd at the top and curve, but I have gotten completley used to it now and barley notice it. It cost me $130 off of newegg.com. Samsung also makes good monitors. Sony is the best in my opinion with their Trinitron, but they are very exspensive.
i like the saumsung and viewsonic buyt have had very bad luck with trinitrons. we had some at school and all of them stopped working arouns the same time (they were like 3 years old) and my friend has a trinitron 27" tv that also blew out after about 2 or 3 years so i personally hate them, i tihkn they are crap quality and way overpriced.

_John_Lennon_
02-07-2004, 05:04 AM
Well you could alway opt for a syncmaster. Perhaps a nice 19 inch........

Though, the 700 dollars that some of them fetch doesnt always seem well spent.

tesco
02-07-2004, 06:07 AM
dont try to repair them it is a poinltless struggle, a lot of electroin stuff will take a lot of time to fix OR cost a lot to get fix, and they usually stop working after no to long after so it ends up being not worth it, its muc better to just buy a brand new monitor as in most cases i dont think monitors are repairable anyway.