PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Outlook Vs Outlook Express

kaiweiler
02-07-2004, 03:23 AM
Hello, I currently have Outlook Express, and was thinking of switching over to Microsoft Outlook, I have Microsoft Outlook 2003, and was wondering if it was possible to switch my same email, [email protected], over from my Outlook Express to my Microsoft Outlook. I tried already setting up an account in Microsoft Outlook and it says it is working fine, and I set it as default mail as well, but when I send an email to that address I still get it in Outlook Express and not in Microsoft Outlook, I dont need to register a new email address do I??
What do I need to do?

Kai

jagger
02-07-2004, 09:48 AM
Hello, I currently have Outlook Express, and was thinking of switching over to Microsoft Outlook, I have Microsoft Outlook 2003, and was wondering if it was possible to switch my same email, [email protected], over from my Outlook Express to my Microsoft Outlook. I tried already setting up an account in Microsoft Outlook and it says it is working fine, and I set it as default mail as well, but when I send an email to that address I still get it in Outlook Express and not in Microsoft Outlook, I dont need to register a new email address do I??
What do I need to do?

Outlook is a full-featured personnal information manager and messaging client. Outlook Express is a specialized e-mail and newsreader program included with Internet Explorer. EG. choosing View, Go To, News in Outlook runs the newsreader feature of Outlook Express so don't unistall Outlook Express.

Uninstall Outlook. Then reinstall Outlook and at the first "Startup" screen press Next. This takes you to the "E-mail Upgrade Options" screen. To import your settings from Outlook Express, click the "Upgrade from" then select Outlook Express in the programs listing. All your settings from the previous e-mail client will be imported.

This is taken from Office XP Inside Out but is based on Outlook 2002. Hope this helps.

Cl1mh4224rd
02-07-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by kaiweiler@7 February 2004 - 04:23
....but when I send an email to that address I still get it in Outlook Express and not in Microsoft Outlook, I dont need to register a new email address do I??
What do I need to do?
Stop checking your email with Outlook Express. By default, I believe, OE doesn't leave email messages on the mail server, so when you check it with Outlook, it's already gone.

You can set OE to leave the email message on the server, however. I forget where exactly that option is located, though. Sorry.

kaiweiler
02-07-2004, 05:45 PM
Hey, thanks for your info
Here are my email settings, maybe that will help?
http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/myoutlook1.JPG
Do these appear to be correct?

kaiweiler
02-07-2004, 05:53 PM
Alright, I think I may have figured it out
but does anyone know of any way to get rid of the activation thing though?
I don't want to activate, for certain reasons....
If there is this same software on two computers, and I activate one, the other will not work anymore would it? Using the same product key.
http://www.chinkii.com/uploads/album/misc/myoutlook2.JPG
PM me if you do please!

Kai

jagger
02-09-2004, 08:06 AM
Alright, I think I may have figured it out
but does anyone know of any way to get rid of the activation thing though?

Unless somebody out there has a great hack, you'll have to activate

or constantly reinstall on the second puter before the 50th session if this is the one that's using a copy

Otherwise you'll need a good Office XP or better hack to clear this code out of the installer :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :guinesssmile:

shn
02-09-2004, 08:10 AM
I have both but I only use Outlook, it has more features for power users I think.

Outlook express is for people that want to check their mail and that's it.

wipe709
02-09-2004, 01:01 PM
If you get a copy of XP professional, I don't think you have to activate it. I have, and haven't! Just downloaded a serial.