PDA

View Full Version : Where's The Info On What Happed To Kazaalite++

ozymandias
02-07-2004, 02:07 PM
What the hell happened to kazaa lite++, used to be able to find and download, with noproblems. Are the people who developedt in jail...

I'm not dense after an hour of scouring these forums I found info in the developers area that was helpful, but people going to the main old official website to find info or download their favourite adware free P2P software should be informed what the hell is going on or at least in this forum in an area you don't need to register to read!

So correct me if i'm wrong this is now the official kazaa lite website in forum form, with the occasional posted link to websites that go up temporarily for downloads of latest versions?

Thanks for all your imput, and straight forward no flaming please.

sincerely,
Frank Patterson

*edited for spelling

kenny g
02-07-2004, 02:21 PM
Look mate, you are aking too many questions for a newbie , \I smell a rat!

ozymandias
02-07-2004, 02:29 PM
what ever!!! I friggen put my ass on the line sharing 20-40 gigs(depending what movies software is hot) of music and software for bloody years. I'm not a rat, RIAA or what ever just a worried P2P FILESHARER. And yes I'm a bit of a webhead so despite my questions, definately not a noob, thanks.

All I'm trying to is see if it's safe to share my server tower with the web again, when riaa started sueing, I pulled my server, even tho I live in Canada.

internet.news
02-07-2004, 02:32 PM
What the hell happened to kazaa lite++, used to be able to
find and download, with noproblems. Are the people who developedt in jail...

People - like the nice guy Random Nut and all the others - are not fortunately
not in jail. Sharman Networks advised and that is "soft-said" the owners of the K++
Site to no longer offer K++ as Sharman want to offer an own "Free of Ads"
version. This KMD 2.6 costs some 30$, but is crap as there are still ads. And KMD
2.6 seems not to allow K++ and older KMD clients to connect to 2.6 Supernodes.
But don't worry, K-Lite Network is no longer defined by Sharman. If you want to
connect to K-Lite then go to: oldversions.com or oldversion.com - there download
K++ 2.4.3, 2.4.2, or 2.1.0 ;) Or there is a new small client called Kceasy on:
kceasy.com ;) You can also use KMD before version 2.6.

I'm not dense after an hour of scouring these forums I found info in the developers area that was helpful, but people going to the main old official website to find info or download their favourite adware free P2P software should be informed what the hell is going on or at least in this forum in an area you don't need to register to read!

To download K++ go to: http://www.oldversions.com (http://www.oldversions.com) -
http://www.oldversion.com (http://www.oldversion.com) ! In the section on the Forum called "General KL
Discussion" there is a pinned thread with K++ links as well.

So correct me if i'm wrong this is now the official kazaa lite
website in forum form, with the occasional posted link to websites that go up
temporarily for downloads of latest versions?

No, you a re not wrong this place was a) everytime a place where you can share
your thoughts openly with some nice people like me - I can only speak for myself -
B) a place for the needs & dreams & issues of K-Lite Users ;)

Thanks for all your imput, and straight forward no flaming
responses only.

sincerely,
Frank Patterson

So, hope that helps a little.

Greetings from Nuremberg, sweet dreams and "be lucky in your searches"
(ice12345, soulseek) ,

David Nierzwicki
K-Lite: sha're@KaZaA.
klboard: internet-news.

[B][O][T]
02-07-2004, 02:32 PM
Blame sharman, They forced us to remove the kazaa lite k++ download links.
Use google and You'll find....

BOT

internet.news
02-07-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by ozymandias@7 February 2004 - 15:29
what ever!!! I friggen put my ass on the line sharing 20-40 gigs(depending what movies software is hot) of music and software for bloody years. I'm not a rat, RIAA or what ever just a worried P2P FILESHARER. And yes I'm a bit of a webhead so despite my questions, definately not a noob, thanks.

All I'm trying to is see if it's safe to share my server tower with the web again, when riaa started sueing, I pulled my server, even tho I live in Canada.
Don't worry to much as ppl just sharing their thoughts, he is just human unfortunately ;)

I am for myself glad to see people sharing ;)

ozymandias
02-07-2004, 02:53 PM
Hey Wickid :D Glad to hear K-lite founders are ok, and thanks so much for the info!

internet.news
02-07-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by ozymandias@7 February 2004 - 15:53
Hey Wickid :D Glad to hear K-lite founders are ok, and thanks so much for the info!
No prob. Random Nut is a member of the K-Lite board, if you need his opinion, you
can get in touch with him.