PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Needing Help!

Alrachloe
02-07-2004, 07:25 PM
Hello people.

I'm a total newbie to all this CD burning stuff so please forgive me if I sound thick.

My problem is that I have a .BIN file with .CUE file and the total file size is about 750 Meg. I also have Nero 6 Ultra to burn CD's and I have some 99 minute CD's.

When I try to burn the file onto CD, Nero keeps ejecting it saying that the CD isn't big enough. I have tried altering various settings and clicking on "Allow overburn" but I still have the same problem.

My CD writer is a Toshiba DVD/CDR Combo.

Any help would be gratefully accept :helpsmile: ed.

jagger
02-07-2004, 08:25 PM
When I try to burn the file onto CD, Nero keeps ejecting it saying that the CD isn't big enough. I have tried altering various settings and clicking on "Allow overburn" but I still have the same problem.

Go to Nero's site and download their pdf manual on overburning. While you're there, check to see if your drive is supported under nero for overburning. If this doesn't help, try 90 minute CD-Rs instead. I used an older 24x10x40 CD burner and found it not only was supported but the 90 min media worked without a problem.

Also check you manufacturer's site to see if the burner supports overburning.

I was lucky to find the 90 min CD-rs when I did in 50 pack but haven't been able to locate them since.

jagger
02-07-2004, 08:30 PM
P.S. goto the pinned topic CD IMAGES!!!

pol
02-07-2004, 08:33 PM
'.bin' is a 'cd image file', overburning should'nt be an issue

make sure that you have the .cue and .bin file in the same folder. then you need to 'burn image' from the options in nero.

then browse for the '.cue' file and it should burn fine.

have a look in this thread:

http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=67574

for other ways to deal with image files, like mounting etc etc :)

Nightwolf
02-08-2004, 02:22 AM
99 minute CD's? I never even heard of them. I know people used to say the 90 minute ones were unreliable, so I'd imagine the same is true of these. You might try burning this file to a standard 700MB 80 minute CD.

h1
02-08-2004, 02:31 AM
I forgot what it was, but BIN files use extra indexing (???), which puts the size higher. I think it's extra data per track or sector or... oh, hell, who cares? :P

Alrachloe
02-08-2004, 01:37 PM
Thank you very much people.

Will try all you suggested and get back to you.

Much appreciated.

jagger
02-10-2004, 05:16 PM
I used the 90 min CD-R's for overburning with Nero up to just under 800mb. I believe the overburn settings were approximately 2 minutes more than the default settings. EG 80 CD-R would be set at 82 minutes.

I've heard of the 99 minute CD-R's and for the most part they were not as reliable as the 90 minutes. That is, when you can find them. Buying them in bulk like 50 packs is much more economical than buying then in singles, 3's, or 10pks.

Read the Nero PDF for overburning, better yet print it out. You can't go wrong if you follow sep by step.

Not sure if Nero had a setting for 99 minutes though. :ghostface:

dgmortal
02-10-2004, 06:50 PM
i burn 800 meg bin files to 700 meg cd-r's on a daily basis. why dont you try that and see if it works ;) .