PDA

View Full Version : This So Called "community"

Smooch
02-08-2004, 05:51 PM
Why not just change the board name to flametalk.com.

This used to be a friendly place, what the hell has happened? It seems almost every post i've read recently there's been pointless flaming and childish behaviour, even from established members (who seem to get away with it for some reason).

What happened to the 'community'? The atmosphere has most certainly deteriorated and I can understand why people are leaving never to be seen again. I remember the days when 'discussions' actually took place in the lounge! I've noticed that a few of the senior members that used to post in a construtive manor dont post so much anymore, which is a shame.

Final word: All this girly bitching about the Admin please put your claws away! If it's not for them, you wouldn't be here today.

:)

james_bond_rulez
02-08-2004, 06:09 PM
ok which ass deleted my post? <_<

at least have the balls to tell me about it

smooch this is the reason why the board is going downhill, ppl flaming, admins conspiracies and censorship.

klboard&#39;s demise is numbered.....

sharedholder
02-08-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@8 February 2004 - 18:09

smooch this is the reason why the board is going downhill, ppl flaming, admins conspiracies and censorship.

Amin to that.

supersonic
02-08-2004, 06:33 PM
technically, I agr33 to all of your opinions made above.
I hope the mods & admins would listen to our voice. :ph34r:

NightStalker
02-08-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@8 February 2004 - 13:09
ok which ass deleted my post?&nbsp; <_<

Deal with it. :mellow:

If you don&#39;t like how the administration runs the forums, leave; No one is making you stay here. Most likely they do what they can, and you should appreciate the thought.

james_bond_rulez
02-08-2004, 06:36 PM
o hay snoic u still on that proxy4u forum?

it&#39;s so boring i quit :P

james_bond_rulez
02-08-2004, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by NightStalker+8 February 2004 - 09:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NightStalker @ 8 February 2004 - 09:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-james_bond_rulez@8 February 2004 - 13:09

Deal with it. :mellow:

If you don&#39;t like how the administration runs the forums, leave; No one is making you stay here. Most likely they do what they can, and you should appreciate the thought. [/b][/quote]
o great another "if you dont like it, then leave" comment

how typical :lol:

7thElement
02-08-2004, 06:42 PM
james_bond_rulez if you have a problem with post deletions contact a mod or admin to know who did it. We always forward this information if requested.

Posting a comment like this here doesn&#39;t help at all cause it will result in flaming... always did always will.

Marc

supersonic
02-08-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@9 February 2004 - 00:06
o hay snoic u still on that proxy4u forum?

it&#39;s so boring i quit&nbsp; :P
I know, but I&#39;m a gmod so I have to go there from time 2 time :P
2nd of all the mods and admins have access to HIDDEN boards that
we can discuss ####ing and special things. Sorry it&#39;s only for mods and admins.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-08-2004, 06:45 PM
:D The more Chaos the better I always say.I love this Place. :D

:P Keep up the Flameing and the Bitching.This has been one of the best Weekends this Forum has ever seen. :P

james_bond_rulez
02-08-2004, 06:46 PM
the problem is if a mod wants he/she can delete my post and then just disappear into thin air

who to pm? U?&#33;

7thElement
02-08-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@8 February 2004 - 18:46
the problem is if a mod wants he/she can delete my post and then just disappear into thin air

who to pm? U?&#33;
Yes mods can delete posts but all actions are still logged for in case somebody complains.

If you have a complaint ask a mod or admin and he / she can give you more details. Then you can get in touch with the mod who deleted your post and learn why it happend.

Thats a friendly way to solve problems.

Smooch
02-08-2004, 06:51 PM
james_bond_rulez, didn&#39;t you ask how old I was? Maybe it was deleted because it had nothing to do with this topic :rolleyes:

supersonic
02-08-2004, 06:52 PM
Btw mistakes can happen, no body is perfect,except the "LORD".

james_bond_rulez
02-08-2004, 06:52 PM
it maybe out of topic but it didn&#39;t merit a deletion

i&#39;d like to know deleted it though <_<

i think it&#39;s virtual but not sure..... <_<

sharedholder
02-08-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@8 February 2004 - 18:45

:P Keep up the Flameing and the Bitching.This has been one of the best Weekends this Forum has ever seen. :P
THE KING IS HERE :01: :01: :01: :01: :01:

NightStalker
02-08-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@8 February 2004 - 13:52

You love to speculate, don&#39;t you? :gossip:

Virtualbody1234
02-08-2004, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@8 February 2004 - 12:52

I didn&#39;t delete it.

james_bond_rulez
02-08-2004, 07:30 PM
i know it&#39;s not you virtual sorry for doubting you :lol:

anyway it&#39;s not an issue now <_<

TheFilePirater
02-08-2004, 07:33 PM
this place sucks, we all know it <_<

Mad Cat
02-08-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by TheFilePirater@8 February 2004 - 19:33
Leave then.

sharedholder
02-08-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Mad Cat+8 February 2004 - 19:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mad Cat @ 8 February 2004 - 19:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TheFilePirater@8 February 2004 - 19:33
this place sucks, we all know it&nbsp; <_<
Leave then. [/b][/quote]
Very easy to say that, but is not easy to forget that this place it was very good some times ago.

Entity101
02-08-2004, 08:04 PM
Post by muchspl2:

well I don&#39;t see the big deal, I looked briefly yesterday and like everything sept the size, I had like 4 inches on each side, looked fucked up
its fine now, I don&#39;t see what all the fuss is about, somebody fill me in

He double posted, but somehow me and another mod both deleted one of them at the same time.

internet.news
02-08-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Smooch@8 February 2004 - 18:51
Why not just change the board name to flametalk.com.

This used to be a friendly place, what the hell has happened? It seems almost every post i&#39;ve read recently there&#39;s been pointless flaming and childish behaviour, even from established members (who seem to get away with it for some reason).

What happened to the &#39;community&#39;? The atmosphere has most certainly deteriorated and I can understand why people are leaving never to be seen again. I remember the days when &#39;discussions&#39; actually took place in the lounge&#33; I&#39;ve noticed that a few of the senior members that used to post in a construtive manor dont post so much anymore, which is a shame.

Final word: All this girly bitching about the Admin please put your claws away&#33; If it&#39;s not for them, you wouldn&#39;t be here today.

:)
I will stay here ;) with all of you - I can only speak for myself: if you need
something feel free to ask me openly ;)

I does not agree with all recent changes, but as the responsible ppl are just
humans, I don&#39;t worry too much.

muchspl2
02-08-2004, 08:08 PM
:lol:

shit happens :D

internet.news
02-08-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by sharedholder+8 February 2004 - 20:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sharedholder @ 8 February 2004 - 20:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Mad Cat@8 February 2004 - 19:38
<!--QuoteBegin-TheFilePirater@8 February 2004 - 19:33
Leave then.
Very easy to say that, but is not easy to forget that this place it was very good some times ago. [/b][/quote]
I am still opened, Mr. sharedholder ;) There some nice ppl here.

You are as well on of these, sharedholder ;)

internet.news
02-08-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by muchspl2@8 February 2004 - 21:08
:lol:

shit happens :D
Yeah, shit happens, I remember my cousin in Gdansk saying that ;)

hehe... so true.

thewizeard
02-08-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by sharedholder+8 February 2004 - 19:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sharedholder @ 8 February 2004 - 19:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Mad Cat@8 February 2004 - 19:38
<!--QuoteBegin-TheFilePirater@8 February 2004 - 19:33
Leave then.
Very easy to say that, but is not easy to forget that this place it was very good some times ago. [/b][/quote]
Things go in cycles, and tend to follow the cycles of the moon&#33; :rolleyes: People always seem to get agitated when it is full moon.... :)

DRACOJOE2
02-08-2004, 08:22 PM
Darn. I have been reading the flaming for hours now and my eyes are getting tired LMAO. :blink: But I like what 7th has done with the site and don&#39;t realy care about the res. This is still a very popular board and I don&#39;t think it&#39;s going down anytime soon. I have been here awhile and only one warning and that was my fault so yall are doing a great job.

evildon
02-08-2004, 10:03 PM
a simple mistake can always get blown out of proportion without communication....

U shouldnt say however if u dont like it leave....anyone who doesnt like a certain aspect should be able to voice it and see if their is enuf support to make the change and to make a case why the change is bad or why another way is better...and in the end if it is acted on then good..if not then u hafta realize that u cant get all u want...some changes like color or just a personal preference that has nothing to do with the actual operation or content of the forum and as such shouldnt be as important as somehting that directly impacts on the functionality of the forum....

Adster
02-08-2004, 10:32 PM
James bond Rulez is right

nothing more pisses me off then a Post deletion and a non explanation

with jetje he posts to say that he deleted a Post for such and such which i think is great

as for smotch comments she is right this place is Admin Mods vs members. not a file sharing talk discussion we talk more about what frigging changes are on this board then talk about file sharing in general.

Just take a look in the lounge now about 7 topics on the first page to do with 7th or a change to the board or someone screaming at a mod

as I said before its like football once the referee has made his decision theres no point bitching to him he won&#39;t change it.......-

RealitY
02-08-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@8 February 2004 - 10:45

So true but rather sad as well...

Perhaps 7th has stirred us up intentionally like a bunch of puppets.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

james_bond_rulez
02-08-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by REALITY+8 February 2004 - 13:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (REALITY @ 8 February 2004 - 13:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@8 February 2004 - 10:45

So true but rather sad as well...

Perhaps 7th has stirred us up intentionally like a bunch of puppets.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
:P :P :P

7thElement
02-08-2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Adster@8 February 2004 - 22:32
James bond Rulez is right

nothing more pisses me off then a Post deletion and a non explanation

with jetje he posts to say that he deleted a Post for such and such which i think is great

as for smotch comments she is right this place is Admin Mods vs members. not a file sharing talk discussion we talk more about what frigging changes are on this board then talk about file sharing in general.

Just take a look in the lounge now about 7 topics on the first page to do with 7th or a change to the board or someone screaming at a mod

as I said before its like football once the referee has made his decision theres no point bitching to him he won&#39;t change it.......-
There is a big difference between bitching and suggesting changes.

This is how it was:

I changes the design and merged it with the new areas. A few people (and I mean a few) went mad and started with personal attacks like "since 7th hosts the board the stats drop" or maybe "7th only cares about HIS site and not about the community" and so on.

Many people started to post oversized images to protest (and that was before any suggestion was posted), they posted .................... dots to make topics wide etc.

I don&#39;t think this is the right way to show that people don&#39;t like something.

How you get my attention:

Explain your problem and if possible make a suggestion how YOU would fix the problem. Don&#39;t be selfish and just say: "Give us the old skins back" cause that&#39;s not the way it works. If I see a valid point I will try to fix it like I did with 2 additional background colors and changing it to 90 % width instead a fixed value.

Asking for the old skins is an option but to tell the truth it&#39;s not going to happen cause additional skins = additional work if updates are made.

Point:

If you explain your problem we can find a way: It&#39;s maybe not my way, maybe not your way but it could be in the middle.

Mr. Blunt
02-08-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by 7thElement@8 February 2004 - 15:05
How you get my attention:

Explain your problem and if possible make a suggestion how YOU would fix the problem. Don&#39;t be selfish and just say: "Give us the old skins back" cause that&#39;s not the way it works. If I see a valid point I will try to fix it like I did with 2 additional background colors and changing it to 90 % width instead a fixed value.

I understand people posting ...&#39;s and long images to make threads wider. That wasn&#39;t the way to go and I understand.

We DID tell you that we didn&#39;t like the such small area the board was located in. We suggested you to change it, or make a skin just for us 1024x768 users. You told us you wouldn&#39;t make a skin for us. It was all about the "brand" on the website/forum.

It wasn&#39;t hard to make two "Light" skins for the board. Imagine how eaiser it would of been to just make one additional skin for us 1024x768 users. You could of had your "branded" 800x600 skin as default. As also suggested by members.

RealitY
02-09-2004, 05:06 AM
Well I seem to recall many fair minded suggestions that were shrugged off or ignored, although I would have to read through again but it seems as though the hostility started thereafter, besides why treat those that were civil poorly because of those that got out of hand.

See the thing is this is a community whether thats wanted or not, for better or worse, and as admin you found yourself at the backlash of that community for being stubborn, which as I&#39;ve said is not a bad thing and generally just shows character.

The truth is many of us have deep wounds when it comes to this community, we have spent allot of time here and at times put allot of effort into helping each other, our ties here go back before you arrived so maybe its hard for you to understand. Even those I dislike such as Muscleman, have put endless efforts at trying to help others, though maybe on the wrong track at times, always with good intentions.

I still have pains at the fact that Paul and VB are no longer here, and frankly am a little disappointed by they&#39;re decision to bail out on us, though I feel there was more to it then what was said at the time while I attempted to read between the lines. I also feel for anyone who would have tried to fill their shoes.

I think many of us still feel the loss and seem to have little hope as things appear to continue to degrade. As for yourself I think you do care and as I&#39;ve said perhaps to much, but just try to remember our history with this board and the time and energy some of us have put forth...

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-09-2004, 05:11 AM
;) Paul and VB left because they have something called a "LIFE".Something some of us should look into.Includeing myself.

Its just a Forum guys.Sorry to say that.But that is all this Place is. :huh:

RealitY
02-09-2004, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@8 February 2004 - 21:11
Its just a Forum guys.Sorry to say that.But that is all this Place is. :huh:
Yes a place I rather miss though...