PDA

View Full Version : Skins & Latest Info

7thElement
02-09-2004, 08:43 PM
Ok time to post a last topic about global changes :)

Skin related
I've added a new skin called FileSharingTalk IPB GFX - The skin uses IPB images and the IPB color scheme but our default wrappers to make them unique and easy to edit if global changes are made.

FC has his green little friend back and I don't think there is ANY reason to complain longer because that's the max I can do for IPB fans.

We will have additional skins if there are special events such as halloween, xmas, eastern but that's it :)

Additional changes
Not really changes cause most features are implented since two weeks already.

If you didn't notice already:

We now allow our members to upload their avatars and signatures to our server. We ask you to use our upload features because we were really tired of people complaining about X images, IP signatures and cookie warnings.

This step will help us to make sure that no evil off site images fetch your information like IP / OS / browser info and more.

Signatures
We now allow 500 x 150 pixel signatures. We changed it because we can use our new "check oversized images" feature to make sure that everything is ok. Remember that the 500 x 150 pixel rule covers images AND text like it did before.

Posted Images
Our server will display off site images in posts IF the image width is up to 500 pixels. If a posted image is larger than 500 pixels (width) the server will aut- replace the image with a clickable thumbnail image. The same check was added to signatures to help our mods.

That's all ;)

Benno
02-09-2004, 08:51 PM
Very nice 7th :)

tracydani
02-09-2004, 08:55 PM
Sounds good :)

But you forgot to add the whine/flame/spam filter while you were at it ;)

TD

EDIT: Thanks, I didn't realize what you meant by the new skin. Looks great and now I can see new posts :clap:

masta.z
02-09-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by 7thElement@9 February 2004 - 21:43
Posted Images
Our server will display off site images in posts IF the image width is up to 500 pixels. If a posted image is larger than 500 pixels (width) the server will aut- replace the image with a clickable thumbnail image. The same check was added to signatures to help our mods.

wouldn't it be more use to restrict the actual size rather than dimensions, cos someone could post a bitmap width 499 and jpg 501 i know which i'd rather allow

Entity101
02-09-2004, 09:10 PM
:clap:

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-09-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by 7thElement@9 February 2004 - 15:43
FC has his green little friend back and I don't think there is ANY reason to complain longer because that's the max I can do for IPB fans.
:lol:

I was not Complaining.

:P

:D Thanks. :D

*FC runs off to hold his Green Smiley.*

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-09-2004, 09:40 PM

Ok now you can close all the Threads that were made over the WeekEnd.No put the MODs that were not around to work...make them do it.

:D Its really nice around here now. :D

RealitY
02-09-2004, 09:53 PM
Thanks...

Originally posted by REALITY
Trurth is theres is a happy medium to be had

Well I guess I'll clean up all the Tampons later.

internet.news
02-09-2004, 09:53 PM
Thank you, Marc ;) Now I am happy. I recognized that the new design isn't
too bad after I used it this few days.

Busyman
02-09-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by internet.news@9 February 2004 - 17:53
Thank you, Marc ;) Now I am happy. I recognized that the new design isn't
too bad after I used it this few days.
Thanks 7th,

I like the fact you made the original skin avaliable.

It's much warmer. Thanks again.