PDA

View Full Version : Language Violation

UcanRock2
02-10-2004, 12:00 AM
:angry: :angry: :angry:

I know people can control what they say...maybe make an area for people who can't stick to the norm.

Read a post just a minute ago and the 2 top words were: f_ck, c_nt.

I'm not religious or anything...but ain't this a little step.

bogaaa
02-10-2004, 12:05 AM
fuck

Mullyman
02-10-2004, 05:47 AM
(THERE WAS A ANIMATED PIC HERE OF A SKELETON GIVING THE FINGER...BUT IT WAS REMOVED....SO :censored: IT... :D )

{P}{S}{Y}{C}{O}
02-10-2004, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Mullyman@10 February 2004 - 05:47
http://www.geocities.com/mullyman94/skeleton_giving_finger.gif

HOWS THAT....NO FOUL LANGUAGE.. :D
what the fuck it doesn't fucking work dammit

silent VI
02-10-2004, 08:07 AM
:)

I'm hot enough to make your skin bubble
Packin a Smith & Wesson
Uh oh, trouble, don't say nothin
You can tell that I'm evil
By the arch in my eye bra
But I aint got no pitchfork
I stick niggaz with this sawed-off
Clear your porch
Hit the floor, duck behind your couch
If I don't hear enough screamin
I'm burning down your house
Apocolypse the barbarian
I kill humanitarians
Pillage your village
Slaughter your children
And rape your women
Bustin through that door like dun da dun da
Bitches hit the floor on the double
Bust off a couple
Rounds and let it bubble
In your belly
Bullets dipped in formaldehyde
So when they hit you
You embalmed and ready
To get carried
Buried up in your grave
Trust me, I'm that deadly
Just test me if you brave
Eklypse I stay sick
Eith Pit, Playboy, and Lynch
I got metal muscle with silent tips
And pistol grips give violent trips
First I'm cool with you
Then I'm not
When you run up on me I pop pistols
Gun up on me it's all official
I'm chewin bone grissels
Your family gonna miss you
Do away done with you
You should of had a gun with you
I got pistols
You know cookin utensils
That shit that'll make your skin bubble
You gotsta know you in trouble
Trouble (repeat 8 times)
I keeps it real thats the deal
Headbuttin motherfuckers like Evander Holyfield
I makes a full course dinner
Out of roadkill
Pops some pills
Smoke some sherms
Drunk as fuck
Rollin up a blunt
When I get through smokin it
What's for breakfast
Kickin in your door
At 3:47 in the morning
I got my ?? yawnin
Time to wake up, so I can do your bitch ass wrong
Hear comes trouble
Shit I'm off that ??? again
Ready to load the pump again
Soon as I put somethin in
See i'ma aim it at your chin
Blame it on your friend
Your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man
Arachnaphobia, I'm the sniper man
Doom to put 'em in the pan
Heat 'em and eat 'em as fast as I can
Stretch your neck like elastic like plastic
Man I'm first, you last to land
Tephlon bullets they crash and land
You in trouble time
I'm a bubble mine
I'm titani and scandalous
I do random hits
Load up all my extra clips
And lets go handle this shit
Trouble is what we lookin fo
Kick in that fuckin door
Put a gag up on that hoe
Light up the door
Smoke until we choke
I wish you motherfuckers would try to locc
And get his neck broke
Kick in the door
Shotgun up the asshole
Brains blown
Eyes closed
Nothin but trouble

KrackHead2k: All the lines containing the N word were removed due to complaints.

cooldude_83
02-10-2004, 08:13 AM
damn

{P}{S}{Y}{C}{O}
02-10-2004, 08:17 AM
who is that??

silent VI
02-10-2004, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by cooldude_83@10 February 2004 - 08:13
damn
:lol: thats one of lynchs lighter songs i dont wanna offend buddy 2 much

I.am
02-10-2004, 08:21 AM
You are right. Lately people have been using it openly, totally disrespect to other forum members as well as to the rules. It the board has to be a little decent then at least senior members have to start acting mature.

silent VI
02-10-2004, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by I.am@10 February 2004 - 08:21
It the board has to be a little decent then at least senior members have to start acting mature.

:huh: i dont understand what does that mean

thewizeard
02-10-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by I.am@10 February 2004 - 08:21
You are right. Lately people have been using it openly, totally disrespect to other forum members as well as to the rules. It the board has to be a little decent then at least senior members have to start acting mature.
What do you mean by senior members, I.am?

Members with a thousand posts or more?

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-10-2004, 08:52 AM
;) Its not like a Filter can not be added to make it where certain Words are replaced.

I.am
02-10-2004, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by nigel123+10 February 2004 - 01:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nigel123 @ 10 February 2004 - 01:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-I.am@10 February 2004 - 08:21
What do you mean by senior members, I.am?

Members with a thousand posts or more? [/b][/quote]
No it doesnt have to be with posts. :) IMO a senior member is someone who has been here for a long time not just posting to get things. Like you are a senior member :D

I.am
02-10-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@10 February 2004 - 01:52
;) Its not like a Filter can not be added to make it where certain Words are replaced.
Thats what I was thinking, like netweiser&#39;s was done :lol:

thewizeard
02-10-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by I.am+10 February 2004 - 09:11--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (I.am &#064; 10 February 2004 - 09:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@10 February 2004 - 01:52
Thats what I was thinking, like netweiser&#39;s was done :lol:[/b][/quote]
Yes right, and when members write f*** , for example, it should read something like, "I have a very poor vocabulary&#33;" :)

I.am
02-10-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by nigel123+10 February 2004 - 02:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nigel123 @ 10 February 2004 - 02:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by I.am@10 February 2004 - 09:11
<!--QuoteBegin-FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@10 February 2004 - 01:52
Thats what I was thinking, like netweiser&#39;s was done :lol:
Yes right, and when members write f*** , for example, it should read something like, "I have a very poor vocabulary&#33;" :) [/b][/quote]
good one :D

Adster
02-10-2004, 11:14 AM
what i do is try to say F**k unless I&#39;m really pissed at someone or something i say fuck

UcanRock2
02-10-2004, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by I.am@10 February 2004 - 10:01
Yes right, and when members write f***...

:D I guess I&#39;m not the only person who dislikes the likes of members who use profanity.

Must be the way I was raised...was taught to respect the rights of others

And the C*nt word...now that&#39;s not tolerable...that&#39;s degrading&#33;&#33;&#33;

7thElement
02-10-2004, 06:56 PM
If we use word filters people will complain about their "freedom of speech" but I agree that we ahve a litte profanity problem. I don&#39;t support censoring but I would agree to bring up this issue in our team chat.

I understand a post like "Fuck, i lost my wallet today" but I don&#39;t think it makes sense to post it everywhere to feel "cool". (warning: common sense)

I think an online community reflects the other side of some peoples real life. Maybe people need to leave their "dumb comments" online cause they don&#39;t have much say in real life... who knows - I don&#39;t.

namzuf9
02-10-2004, 08:26 PM
I could understand people getting annoyed used a filter to change the offending words to something stupid like :I&#39;m a bad boy who uses naughty words: (a bit of exageration there but you know what I mean.) So maybe replacing it with a "nice" looking smilie would be better.
Something like: http://members.shaw.ca/wenpigsfly/smileys/censored.gif you, you stupid http://members.shaw.ca/wenpigsfly/smileys/censored.gif
Alright the sentiment of its meaning would still be there but a step up from: F*ck you, you stupid c*nt.

Bad languge dont bother me but I can understand how it pisses other people off :rolleyes:

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-10-2004, 08:43 PM
:) I know what.You could have an Option for People.You know.A "PG" Skin or something.That way Parents can have that on when their kids are hanging out.Or for the People who do not want to see it.

That way nobody can complain about "freedom of speech".And the ones who do not like the Language like UcanRock2 here can just turn on the Filter or use the Skin. :D

:huh: I really do not know what I am talking about.Pay no attention to me. :blink:

bigdawgfoxx
02-10-2004, 09:12 PM
I dont like the filter...theres one on a local gaming forum..and it says Badword for fuck and badword1 for shit..its pretty gay...just dont worry about it..if someone cusses they want to..big deal :)

namzuf9
02-10-2004, 09:20 PM
That suggetion that FC made, is it possible?
That would be a great solution.

7thElement
02-10-2004, 09:36 PM
Word filters are global settings :( but I don&#39;t think this will become a huge problem. If mods notice that it&#39;s getting out of hands they take action anyway ;)

Lamsey
02-10-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@10 February 2004 - 07:52
That happened a long time ago, before I was a mod. I had the idea that perhaps we could replace words like &#39;fuck&#39; or &#39;cunt&#39; with a smilie (I even made the smilie, which is now one of the board smilies - :swear: ).

VB decided to test it out for a while and set &#39;fuck&#39; to be replaced by :swear:, and there was a huge outcry of the usual stock answer of "Censorship&#33;", "Why don&#39;t we burn some books while we are at it." and so on.

If we edit out profanity we are naziesque censors, if we don&#39;t then we&#39;re wusses who can&#39;t do our jobs.

We have to stamp out the unacceptable, but as always it&#39;s difficult to differentiate between what&#39;s allowable and what&#39;s not, which is the story of a mod&#39;s life really.

evildon
02-10-2004, 10:08 PM
I dont mind the swearing as long as it is in the right context...like my friend had a heart attack today..and i have calmed down now..but I could very well see me getting on here right after and typing certain words or phrases that would contain vulgarity...swearing just to be swearing or to flame someone tho...that does bother me..for what its not worth....

namzuf9
02-10-2004, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey@10 February 2004 - 22:58
We have to stamp out the unacceptable, but as always it&#39;s difficult to differentiate between what&#39;s allowable and what&#39;s not, which is the story of a mod&#39;s life really.
Quit your whining and get back to work :P

internet.news
02-10-2004, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by UcanRock2@10 February 2004 - 01:00
:angry: :angry: :angry:

I know people can control what they say...maybe make an area for people who can&#39;t stick to the norm.

Read a post just a minute ago and the 2 top words were: f_ck, c_nt.

I&#39;m not religious or anything...but ain&#39;t this a little step.
I don&#39;t judge about anyone as people are just human.

I personally try to be opened firstly in a way that doesn&#39;t hurt too much, only if this
is not possible or difficult I try to be opened (directly).

I.am
02-10-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by internet.news@10 February 2004 - 15:27

I personally try to be opened firstly in a way that doesn&#39;t hurt too much, only if this
Ofcourse its a known fact that people are humans, you really dont have to bring that in every post. :) But the point where humans start acting like animals thats what we are talking about.

cooldude_83
02-11-2004, 04:35 AM
i cussed out booga cuz he pissed me off ;)

Billy_Dean
02-11-2004, 07:18 AM
All this censorship talk is just crap&#33; If there&#39;s a rule that you don&#39;t swear, then don&#39;t swear, simple. If you do, and you&#39;re censored, too bad, them&#39;s the rules.

:)

oldmancan
02-11-2004, 05:39 PM
:huh: Censorship is the way to go... for sure.

But it should be by the people for the people. Get the drift? None of us NEED a mod or admin to censor our profane posts. WE should be doing it ourselves. It&#39;s your keyboard but more importantly it is your mind.

Profanity is just lazy speech. Substitute a "bad" word for a thought you are too lazy to complete.

Example: I was making toast, just got it buttered when I dropped it on the floor. It landed butter side down on a dust bunny (Hobbes, you ok?). Now I could think "Too bad, five second rule is out. Gonna have to make more toast." or I could not even think and just say F***.

I don&#39;t have much concern for the youths who view our posts so far as any exposure to profanity. If they can get here they can get anywhere, certainly more explicit than here.

I suggest everyone censor themselves not for the good of others but for their own good. Give their mind a little more exercise.

or maybe I just don&#39;t give a :mad3: , but perhaps I&#39;ll be offered a few in this thread.

:beerchug: omc

j2k4
02-11-2004, 06:11 PM
OMC-

You are the voice of reason.

We do occasionally have these trends crop up, but cussing (which, ironically, I just did, in World News :P ), like any other "show-off" move; once the practicioner sees he/she is a chorus of one, they either give the language a pass or go somewhere else, either of which is fine with me.

We should note this behavior for future reference, however; leadership by example is a powerful thing-it WORKS&#33; ;)

The preceding message is brought to you by the Association for Benevolent Assimilation.

internet.news
02-13-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by I.am+10 February 2004 - 23:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (I.am @ 10 February 2004 - 23:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-internet.news@10 February 2004 - 15:27

Ofcourse its a known fact that people are humans, you really dont have to bring that in every post. :) But the point where humans start acting like animals thats what we are talking about. [/b][/quote]
Life also has negativ parts. Ok, well..

masta.z
02-13-2004, 08:23 PM
Profanity is just a way to emphasize the person&#39;s emotions... and as fo rthe kids viewing this.. i suggest people take a walk around a school for a day and listen to the language you here in the hallways and you&#39;ll find it&#39;s alot worse than anything used on here

Masta.z&#33;

fkdup74
02-13-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by masta.z@13 February 2004 - 12:23
and as fo rthe kids viewing this.. i suggest people take a walk around a school for a day
yep, i know kids that could make a sailor blush, no sh*t

i think a lot of this whining about foul talk is from ppl gettin there poor wittle feewings hurt :lol:

some :censored: called me a :censored: the other day in a thread i started,
did i give a :censored: ? no, cause its just talk, :censored: em :lol: