PDA

View Full Version : Any One Ells Tried This Torrent Client?

Sony
02-12-2004, 10:47 PM
TorrenTopia! it looks good to me...it has a build in Search for Torrent files, and it looks like P2P application

here is the link for all of you who want to try it.

http://www[torrent files are not allowed]opia.com

Sony
02-12-2004, 10:49 PM
WTF... it change the link <_< buh.

mooseman2070
02-13-2004, 07:47 PM
here ya go (http://torrentopia.org) :)

the phrase "[torrent files are not allowed]" is not allowed so just dont put www. and it will work, i also saw this and was thinking of making a thread, looks prett nice but id jsut use azureus with the suprnova lister :)

dragon_son
02-14-2004, 12:47 AM
actually im currently testing it since im mad at shadows version right now

i have noticed that when the dl is done it attempts to move it unsuccessfully from an incoming folder to you download location folder

not that big of a deal just kinda confusing when you tell it to save a file in c:&#092; and it save it in c:&#092;incoming

so far thats only thing ive noticed thats bad other than the red i perfer bule or grey but hey cant win all the time

as for system resource usage
i havent had a chance to actaully use it but once and it was to dl only 1 trrent but the system usage looked decent will be playing with it a lil more and post if i noticce anything different

dragon_son
02-15-2004, 09:30 AM
gahh ok that one lil glitch that i mentioned before is really annoying

in order for you to get the torrent off the screen you have to stop it once its stopped it instantely errors and says cant move DUH your still using the process release it first the move it gahh it make me mad

and when it is finally cleared and you sleect to manually move it it still dont move it stay in the incoming folder

i hope that they read this and can fix these issues otherwise they wont get popular

Bebi
02-15-2004, 02:45 PM
I found this program quite good it might replace ABC as my main client B) :01:

dragon_son
02-15-2004, 08:55 PM
well i would consider it an abc replacement if it had the php web page login stuff (if its got it already my bad) and they can fix the above mentioned glitch

CPU1
02-16-2004, 04:46 AM
nah i dont like this client. its nothing compared to azureues. the only thing that make it special is searching. but u can do taht with teh suprnova lister. and another thing. y use a client that has a weppage that is not complete