PDA

View Full Version : Bt D/ls Are Closing Explorer

jumpmonkey
02-13-2004, 03:12 PM
i've been using BT (shadows client) for a few months and generally i save everything into the same folder and then move it to wherever later on when i have finished uploading, sometimes tho' when i try to open the folder i have just downloaded to i get a message saying windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. if the file is in a seperate folder i can usually move it somewhere else and it works ok, but if it isn't in a seperate folder then i cant access it. this only ever happens to stuff from BT and it isn't everything that it happens to, it seems random! i've got upto date virus protection and a firewall and have recently done a full format and re install of windows (xp corp w/SP1) and it is still happening. any ideas anyone?

jasonmog
02-23-2004, 02:53 AM
update hard drive drivers

Strida
02-23-2004, 03:34 AM
Hard Drives don't need specific drivers.

Update your motherboard's drivers, including the IDE or SATA (whichever you use) drivers to the latest version.

Benno
02-23-2004, 05:24 PM
This happens to me if I open a folder with incomplete movie files and windows tries to make thumbnails. But if I change the view it works fine.

Bowen747x
02-23-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by jasonmog@22 February 2004 - 22:53
update hard drive drivers
lol if hard drives needed drivers and u had a hard drive but the drivers were incompatible how would u b able 2 update the drivers if no data could b written to the hard drive? :D :frusty:

mr. nails
02-23-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Benno@23 February 2004 - 11:24
This happens to me if I open a folder with incomplete movie files and windows tries to make thumbnails. But if I change the view it works fine.
exactly. also, this might happen if their ogg files. depending on the codec ver. u have installed.