PDA

View Full Version : Starting Polls

bigboab
02-15-2004, 12:16 AM
I would like to ask 7th to change the rules regarding the starting of polls. I am requesting that no poll should be started without the consent of at least two Mods. That those two mods names be posted at the start of the poll. That no poll can be carried out to vote on or against a particular member for whatever reason without that member opening the poll giving their permission.

Agrajag
02-15-2004, 12:23 AM
Perhaps their legal representative should also be consulted. Or would that just be going over the top ?

Rat Faced
02-15-2004, 12:24 AM
Well i'd hate for people to vote against my member :blink:

Seriously though; its to avoid this type of thing happening, amongst other things, that only Mods open polls at the moment.

If you look around, there are a large number of members that wish to see the rules relaxed, not strengthened as you suggest.

I have no problem, in principle, against your proposal. I do feel however that the rules currently have the right balance if applied correctly.

4th gen
02-15-2004, 12:25 AM
If a mod wants to start a poll, does he/she need consent? If so, does their mod status count towards one of the two required mod votes? Or do they need two other mods to vote?

[B][O][T]
02-15-2004, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by bigboab@15 February 2004 - 00:16
That no poll can be carried out to vote on or against a particular member for whatever reason without that member opening the poll giving their permission.
One can only agree!!

BOT

Agrajag
02-15-2004, 12:32 AM
Are we forgetting this is an internet forum ? It really isn't that serious.

If you people are at the cutting edge of your generations anarchistic tendencies then the future can look forward to many years of delightful banality.

Loosen your belt, have a couple of drinks and relax ffs. It's just a bit of fun.

Aaron_T
02-15-2004, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by bigboab@14 February 2004 - 23:16
I would like to ask 7th to change the rules regarding the starting of polls. I am requesting that no poll should be started without the consent of at least two Mods. That those two mods names be posted at the start of the poll. That no poll can be carried out to vote on or against a particular member for whatever reason without that member opening the poll giving their permission.
that would be great, its needs to be done judging by tonight :)

internet.news
02-16-2004, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by bigboab@15 February 2004 - 01:16
That is a good point, if a member additionaly want the poll to be taken down, cause
it is against the member it should be taken down.