PDA

View Full Version : It's So Difficult Not To Smirk...

Lamsey
02-15-2004, 01:14 PM
When Ian McCall, the manager of Dundee United (who Celtic beat narrowly yesterday), walks into the shop where you're working and picks up a lot of papers with a frown on his face.

http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/monthehoops.gif

Pete Waterman
02-15-2004, 01:18 PM
yeah i have had gary locke come into my shop years ago when he was at hearts, his girlfriend sent him to get sugar and he came back with caster sugar which she told him thats caster sugar you idiot. i actually laughed at him. he looked like he wanted to kick me in the face. thankfully he didnt.

bigboab
02-15-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey@15 February 2004 - 13:14
When Ian McCall, the manager of Dundee United (who Celtic beat narrowly yesterday), walks into the shop where you're working and picks up a lot of papers with a frown on his face.

Try sookin an onion Liam. :)

Lamsey
02-15-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by bigboab+15 February 2004 - 12:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigboab @ 15 February 2004 - 12:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lamsey@15 February 2004 - 13:14
When Ian McCall, the manager of Dundee United (who Celtic beat narrowly yesterday), walks into the shop where you&#39;re working and picks up a lot of papers with a frown on his face.

Try sookin an onion Liam. :) [/b][/quote]
http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/yuk.gif

Just because you support Third Lanark :P

bigboab
02-15-2004, 01:32 PM
You cant have what stops me from smirking Liam. She is in the kitchen making an egg roll. :huh:

I think she is practicing for Easter.

Lamsey
02-15-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by bigboab@15 February 2004 - 12:32
You cant have what stops me from smirking Liam. She is in the kitchen making an egg roll. :huh:

Whenever I put an egg down it rolls all by itself.

Generally off a table and onto the floor (and surrounding area :huh: )

Cheese
02-15-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by bigboab@15 February 2004 - 12:32

Your wife is pushing an egg around the kitchen... :huh: ;) :lol:

edit: got in there first Lamsey.... :lol:

Skweeky
02-15-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey@15 February 2004 - 14:14
When Ian McCall, the manager of Dundee United (who Celtic beat narrowly yesterday), walks into the shop where you&#39;re working and picks up a lot of papers with a frown on his face.

Did you ask him if he thought it was a penalty?? :lol:

Lamsey
02-15-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Skweeky+15 February 2004 - 12:48--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Skweeky @ 15 February 2004 - 12:48)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lamsey@15 February 2004 - 14:14

Did you ask him if he thought it was a penalty?? :lol: [/b][/quote]
No, because I know the answer would be no.

However, the radio commentators said they thought it was a penalty and they practically wet themselves when United scored, so that&#39;s good enough for me.

Skweeky
02-15-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey+15 February 2004 - 14:51--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey @ 15 February 2004 - 14:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Skweeky@15 February 2004 - 12:48
<!--QuoteBegin-Lamsey@15 February 2004 - 14:14

Did you ask him if he thought it was a penalty?? :lol:
No, because I know the answer would be no.

However, the radio commentators said they thought it was a penalty and they practically wet themselves when United scored, so that&#39;s good enough for me. [/b][/quote]
Still would&#39;ve good to wind him up...the crabbit swine that he is/

Lamsey
02-15-2004, 02:05 PM
That can&#39;t be Skweeky, her Scots is good but surely she&#39;s not proficient enough to use &#39;crabbit&#39; correctly :blink:

Nor would she know who Ian McCall is :huh:

hi Marc, how you doin&#39;? :D

Skweeky
02-15-2004, 02:14 PM
Nah Youre right she doesnt know what crabbit means and definitely wont know Ian McCall, however, if she doesn&#39;t stop drinking my beer and eating my crisps she will soon see the true meaning of crabbit&#33; :lol:

tralalala
02-15-2004, 02:17 PM
oi Liam, dont you think the scottish league is gettin absolutely pathetic?? i mean, celtic (who my dad loves) are 13 points ahead of rangers (which basically means that celtic are going to win the champs this year)...

BUT

look how far rangers are from 3rd place&#33;&#33;&#33; something like 20 points&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :o i mean, dont you think that the scottish league is boring now that its only a competition between 2 teams only?

the same is here in israel - 2 teams (maccabi haifa and maccabi tel-aviv), same in the premiership (arsenal and man utd. - chelsea only came on this year with that arse abramovich that spent 115 million pounds in like 3 months)...

one thing i can tell you now - money has ruined competitive footy (look at real madrid if you dont believe me).
i personally think that there should be a law that says the most money a team can spend throughout one year is something like 15 million pounds - so that the fotty will be competitive again...

tralalala

Skweeky
02-15-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by tralalala@15 February 2004 - 15:17
oi Liam, dont you think the scottish league is gettin absolutely pathetic?? i mean, celtic (who my dad loves) are 13 points ahead of rangers (which basically means that celtic are going to win the champs this year)...

BUT

look how far rangers are from 3rd place&#33;&#33;&#33; something like 20 points&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :o i mean, dont you think that the scottish league is boring now that its only a competition between 2 teams only?

the same is here in israel - 2 teams (maccabi haifa and maccabi tel-aviv), same in the premiership (arsenal and man utd. - chelsea only came on this year with that arse abramovich that spent 115 million pounds in like 3 months)...

one thing i can tell you now - money has ruined competitive footy (look at real madrid if you dont believe me).
i personally think that there should be a law that says the most money a team can spend throughout one year is something like 15 million pounds - so that the fotty will be competitive again...

tralalala
It&#39;s only pathetic when your team isn&#39;t winning, belive me, I&#39;ve been there.

A better idea would be a wages cap, that would give the smaller teams more of a chance.

tralalala
02-15-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Skweeky+15 February 2004 - 16:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Skweeky @ 15 February 2004 - 16:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-tralalala@15 February 2004 - 15:17

BUT

look how far rangers are from 3rd place&#33;&#33;&#33; something like 20 points&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&nbsp; :o i mean, dont you think that the scottish league is boring now that its only a competition between 2 teams only?

tralalala
It&#39;s only pathetic when your team isn&#39;t winning, belive me, I&#39;ve been there.

A better idea would be a wages cap, that would give the smaller teams more of a chance. [/b][/quote]
thats just what i suggested&#33;&#33;

and i love man utd :D

tralalala

Lamsey
02-15-2004, 02:31 PM
It would be nice if it was more competitive, but that seems to be universal - Spain it&#39;s Real and Barca, England it&#39;s Man Utd. and Arsenal, and so on.

It just seems to be the way it goes.

Skweeky
02-15-2004, 02:33 PM
Yeah, it could be worse....you could be playing for Livvy :lol:

tralalala
02-15-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey@15 February 2004 - 16:31
It would be nice if it was more competitive, but that seems to be universal - Spain it&#39;s Real and Barca, England it&#39;s Man Utd. and Arsenal, and so on.

It just seems to be the way it goes.
well, if they DID limit the ammount of money spent throughout the year to lets say 10-15 million pounds, eventually (when the best players "die out"), youll have a much more competitive and interesting footy league... dont you think?

oh and Liam, why arent you on the mods list?? why you got them pretty stars?? i want too&#33;&#33; :P

tralalala

Agrajag
02-15-2004, 04:03 PM
The Scottish league will get more competitive over the next few years. Celtic will be spending less, through choice. Look at the young talent they are bringing through. A lot of it Scottish. They now they can get into europe anyway. Rangers will be spending less through necessity, their debt is getting close to unmanagable just now and they have to do somthing about it. This is an ideal opportunity for Celtic to consolidate their financial position, while they can compete without spending fortunes. The rest of the pack will get closer, because Celtic and Rangers will move back towards them. This is good for the Scottish domestic game and the National side as youth development is all important. Look at some of the young Bhoys Celtic have just now. There are at least 5 who are in or close to the first team squad.

tralalala
02-16-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Agrajag@15 February 2004 - 18:03
The Scottish league will get more competitive over the next few years. Celtic will be spending less, through choice.
what are you using to determine this?&#33; :huh: :huh: :huh:

tralalala