PDA

View Full Version : Applyinf As A Moderator For Interentworld

internet.news
02-15-2004, 04:34 PM
I recently saw that many threads have been accidentally posten often
in wrong sections. And I just wished I could help moving this thread fastly ;)

In addition as I am an Internet Addict since some time, I would ask you
the Admins and Co-Administrators, whether I could help you out as an Area
Moderator for the Internetworld.

I already asked 7th Element, but he seemed not too take my help offer
serious - I would appreciate it as I am feeling a little useless while not being
able to have a job which helps people ;)

Sweet dreams,

David.

newcster68
02-15-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by internet.news@15 February 2004 - 10:34

serious - I would appreciate it as I am feeling a little useless while not being

Sweet dreams,

David.
By my observance the only way you get to be a mod on this board is if your in the "Click" with all the regulars cause i dont see contributers getting the spots. Im a definate regular and have contributed lots to this board..but...alas...... <_<

7thElement
02-15-2004, 04:48 PM
@inews There are no applications - Mods are suggested by our existing staff. If all other staff members agree to a suggestion it happens.

The team is currently complete and to tell you the truth "openly" I don&#39;t think that your chances are very good due past issues.

@newcster68
There is no clique. If there was one you would see Jonno as mod (cause he and Nikkid are friends) and also FC cause he is well respected. As you can see none of them were choosen cause we don&#39;t choose based on popularity :)

Sometimes it&#39;s better to keep members as members cause in the end it&#39;s a place to discuss and have fun and not a "look I&#39;m a mod" place.

internet.news
02-15-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by 7thElement@15 February 2004 - 17:48
@inews There are no applications - Mods are suggested by our existing staff. If all other staff members agree to a suggestion it happens.

The team is currently complete and to tell you the truth "openly" I don&#39;t think that your chances are very good due past issues.

@newcster68
There is no clique. If there was one you would see Jonno as mod (cause he and Nikkid are friends) and also FC cause he is well respected. As you can see none of them were choosen cause we don&#39;t choose based on popularity :)

Sometimes it&#39;s better to keep members as members cause in the end it&#39;s a place to discuss and have fun and not a "look I&#39;m a mod" place.
7th, that is sad, but that is why being opened is important also if there
were past issues - they are past, and I also am just human, and I never would
do thing the same way. So there is hope.

But do me a favour: try to be opened. Even if it is hard. And it is very hard as I
see sadly. :rolleyes:

newcster68
02-15-2004, 05:21 PM
and...from what I was told is that if you have one mod member that doent want you as a mod the decision is final....aint that a crock.... in the USA we have a voting system that gets you in by majority vote not what one person thinks..but hey&#33; Im happy where I sit..<_<

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-15-2004, 05:49 PM
"Applyinf" and "Interentworld"

:P Dude all MODs have to know how to Spell at least. :P

:D You all know what to do with this Thread.Close it&#33; :D

:lol:

newcster68
02-15-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@15 February 2004 - 11:49
"Applyinf" and "Interentworld"

:P Dude all MODs have to know how to Spell at least. :P

:D You all know what to do with this Thread.Close it&#33; :D

Now that&#39;s not the comment I would have expected from you out of everybody else on this board. So, your saying that Just because we have differences of opinion you want this thread closed? hmmmph&#33; <_<

:D :lol:

I still like you as a member of this board no matter what everybody else says..

4th gen
02-15-2004, 06:05 PM
If internet.news becomes a mod, I&#39;ll buy a hat just to eat it

Lamsey
02-15-2004, 06:14 PM
http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/moderator.jpg

Benno
02-15-2004, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by newcster68@15 February 2004 - 16:39
By my observance the only way you get to be a mod on this board is if your in the "Click" with all the regulars cause i dont see contributers getting the spots. Im a definate regular and have contributed lots to this board..but...alas...... <_<
So you think every contributing member should become a mod after some time? :blink:

btw I just saw your sig very nice but what does the S stand for, I never saw that? :)

Samurai
02-15-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Benno+15 February 2004 - 17:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Benno @ 15 February 2004 - 17:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-newcster68@15 February 2004 - 16:39
So you think every contributing member should become a mod after some time? :blink:

btw I just saw your sig very nice but what does the S stand for, I never saw that? :) [/b][/quote]
It&#39;s the p2p clients, Kazaa, eMule, Shareza & Mirc...

Oh and Lamsey, excellent picture, truly, but the website is out of date lol :lol:

4th gen
02-15-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Samurai@15 February 2004 - 17:43
Oh and Lamsey, excellent picture, truly, but the website is out of date lol :lol:
[3rd gen noob] you should change the url on the "don&#39;t call us" pic
[Lamsey] why
[3rd gen noob] it&#39;s on klboard.ath.cx still
[Lamsey] oh right
[Lamsey] can&#39;t be <s>arsed</s> bothered

Rat Faced
02-15-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by newcster68@15 February 2004 - 17:21
and...from what I was told is that if you have one mod member that doent want you as a mod the decision is final....aint that a crock.... in the USA we have a voting system that gets you in by majority vote not what one person thinks..but hey&#33; Im happy where I sit..<_<
Who the hell told you that?

People put suggestions forward and we discuss and narrow it down based on lots of criteria...you&#39;d have to have a better reason than "I dont like him/her".

If theres a reason that someone doesnt think someone else is suited it would be brought up and a concensus taken.

It certainly is not a "Black Balled" idea....we leave that to the Masons and Golf Clubs :P

newcster68
02-15-2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Rat Faced+15 February 2004 - 13:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rat Faced &#064; 15 February 2004 - 13:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-newcster68@15 February 2004 - 17:21

People put suggestions forward and we discuss and narrow it down based on lots of criteria...you&#39;d have to have a better reason than "I dont like him/her".

If theres a reason that someone doesnt think someone else is suited it would be brought up and a concensus taken.

It certainly is not a "Black Balled" idea....we leave that to the Masons and Golf Clubs :P [/b][/quote]
cough cough cou7th..

did I just say that..cough :lol:

http://domania.us/LWN2003/KazaaLite/KLDB2.gif
Old but still effective

internet.news
02-15-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Benno+15 February 2004 - 19:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Benno @ 15 February 2004 - 19:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-newcster68@15 February 2004 - 16:39

btw I just saw your sig very nice but what does the S stand for, I never saw that? :) [/b][/quote]
You think, Benno, that if you allow every contributing member to be a mode if
he or she would help itwould end in Chaos? I don&#39;t think so, I don&#39;t think many
people would really want be a Moderator ;) wouldn&#39;t they?

;) Guys, be happy after all ;) Sweet dreams,

David.

thewizeard
02-15-2004, 08:10 PM
I like the idea of "mod of the week." The mod of the week would be a "normal" member who becomes a mod for one week...followed by another... :lol:

Rat Faced
02-15-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by newcster68+15 February 2004 - 19:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (newcster68 &#064; 15 February 2004 - 19:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Rat Faced@15 February 2004 - 13:46
<!--QuoteBegin-newcster68@15 February 2004 - 17:21

It certainly is not a "Black Balled" idea....we leave that to the Masons and Golf Clubs :P
cough cough cou7th..

did I just say that..cough :lol:

http://domania.us/LWN2003/KazaaLite/KLDB2.gif
Old but still effective [/b][/quote]
Well, if that were the case then the Mods that are "In" would all belong to the same "Cliche(s)"....which they arent :blink:

We&#39;ve always been active on different areas of the Board (which is common sense as a Criteria btw) and in different timezones etc.

I can honestly say I didnt even know some of the past/present Mods (never even heard of &#39;em, until their name was brought up); until they were, or i was, made Mod ;)

I&#39;ve seen people object to "Nominations", however they always backed up the objection with a reason. I cannot think of any time someone has said "I dont like him/her", with nothing to add to that. If they did, then it would carry very little weight in the decision making process i would think...certainly for me.

infamousalbo101
02-15-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by internet.news@15 February 2004 - 12:34

Sweet dreams,

David.
I still think you are a very weird person that belongs in a colt cause you freak me out

h1
02-15-2004, 08:31 PM
David, you do realize that asking is the perfect way not to get a mod position? ;)

Entity101
02-15-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by haxor41789@15 February 2004 - 20:31
David, you do realize that asking is the perfect way not to get a mod position? ;)
Finally someone who understands :lol:

newcster68
02-15-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by haxor41789@15 February 2004 - 14:31
There is absolutely nothing wrong with asking. I know If I were the admin and I see a user that is on this board all the time and contributes files, movies, etc. and helps out others in need should be asked. Also if that person shows a desired interest in the position that makes it even better. So asking is not a bad thing. :D

internet.news
02-15-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by newcster68+15 February 2004 - 21:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (newcster68 @ 15 February 2004 - 21:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-haxor41789@15 February 2004 - 14:31
There is absolutely nothing wrong with asking. I know If I were the admin and I see a user that is on this board all the time and contributes files, movies, etc. and helps out others in need should be asked. Also if that person shows a desired interest in the position that makes it even better. So asking is not a bad thing. :D [/b][/quote]
I am asking you, cause I really want to help you as I am sharing
my thoughts with passion. Now, after hearing so much sadly responses,
I don&#39;t worry too much.

Weird, I am not weird I am just human, I am just a sad human who wants
to desperately help someone, If you would be in my current situation, you
would understand that quite well I think.

Nice dreams,

David.

Samurai
02-15-2004, 08:43 PM
They do say "You Don&#39;t Ask, You Don&#39;t Get"

It&#39;s true. I asked to become a mod of another forum, and within 2-3 months I was admin. I believe I have done my utmost to make this forum a better place to visit and this was without any knowledge of php whatsoever. I&#39;ve learned alot since that time, so it has helped me in a way.

Rappy
02-15-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Lamsey@15 February 2004 - 18:14
http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/moderator.jpg
Yea what he said

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-15-2004, 08:48 PM
;) You guys are crazy that want to be a MOD.And do not tell me it is because you want to help people.You want the Power.

Like others have said.You done made a Thread asking to become one.It will never happen now.You screwed up.

The way you become one is you show the others what you can offer to the community.The only thing you have shown is you know how to share your thoughts openly.....

:P Big F***ing deal&#33; :P

newcster68
02-15-2004, 08:57 PM
http://domania.us/LWN2003/KazaaLite/MODS.gif

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-15-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by newcster68@15 February 2004 - 15:57
http://domania.us/LWN2003/KazaaLite/MODS.gif
:lol: :lol: :lol:

This is so true&#33;

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Samurai
02-15-2004, 08:59 PM
FAO - internet.news

I&#39;m going to be honest with you. The world is a dangerous place, and because of this, more and more people are becoming &#39;self-sufficient&#39; meaning that they do not express their feelings as much as they&#39;d like to.

On top of the fact that the vast majority of us download material which is copyrighted means we must be extra vigilant, and not share our thoughts.

I hope this makes sense.

Samurai

newcster68
02-15-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Samurai@15 February 2004 - 14:59
FAO - internet.news

I&#39;m going to be honest with you. The world is a dangerous place, and because of this, more and more people are becoming &#39;self-sufficient&#39; meaning that they do not express their feelings as much as they&#39;d like to.

On top of the fact that the vast majority of us download material which is copyrighted means we must be extra vigilant, and not share our thoughts.

I hope this makes sense.

Samurai
duuuuh what he saaaay? :lol:

internet.news
02-15-2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Samurai@15 February 2004 - 21:59
FAO - internet.news

I hope this makes sense.

Samurai
In some ways you are so right - I find it sad people are not sharing.

I am still sharing my thoughts openly, and no it is not because of "I want Power",
believe - that is not my intention, I am opened because so that you can trust me.
At least I am one person who tell you OPEN THOUGHTS.

DynastyIain
02-15-2004, 09:19 PM
I am a Mod at several other forums, it is a thankless job that is neither glamourous or fun, people react to you differently they will harass you frequently and everytime you attempt to do your job (locking or deleteing crap) you will be vilified by many.

I have found that the people who continually ask to become a mod are usually the worst people to be given additional responsibilty, some people treat it as a rank, a way of showing off online while others just plain abuse their powers deleting anything that doesnt go along with their viewpoints trust me, I&#39;ve seen it happen at many other forums.

The truly helpful people that seem like they could handle a bit extra workload will get noticed eventually by &#39;the powers that be&#39; untill then I would just suggest any budding moderators continue to post normally, dont spam and be helpful where they can, I&#39;m sure that will help your chances better than making topics and asking about it a lot.

Also the Private Message system would be a more subdued way of communicating with mods I think.

Rappy
02-15-2004, 09:19 PM
Guys don&#39;t apply ok just don&#39;t is it that hard look around there are 70,000 members here the chances of you getting the job aren&#39;t good so just enjoy it as a member and mabe if they feel you are good enough you will be selected mabe not ok its true it takes no skill to be a mod well little skill at least but there can&#39;t be 1,000 mods

infamousalbo101
02-15-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by internet.news@15 February 2004 - 16:43

Nice dreams,

David.
you see what i mean by weird and belongs in a colt?

newcster68
02-15-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by infamousalbo101+15 February 2004 - 15:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (infamousalbo101 @ 15 February 2004 - 15:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-internet.news@15 February 2004 - 16:43

Nice dreams,

David.
you see what i mean by weird and belongs in a colt? [/b][/quote]
would you please learn how to spell colt? it&#39;s CULT not colt..geezuz :huh:

Samurai
02-15-2004, 09:29 PM
Maybe he was referring to horses :unsure: ? LOL

Virtualbody1234
02-15-2004, 09:39 PM

I have seen internet.news ask this a few times now.

Forget it. It just won&#39;t happen.

internet.news
02-15-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@15 February 2004 - 22:39

It already happened in another Forum. And I am glad Azzz is more opened ;)

Not only Azzz, I am on another Forum also a long time Mod. ;)

jetje
02-15-2004, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by internet.news+15 February 2004 - 23:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (internet.news @ 15 February 2004 - 23:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Virtualbody1234@15 February 2004 - 22:39

Not only Azzz, I am on another Forum also a long time Mod. ;) [/b][/quote]
Well congrats to you IN... why don&#39;t you share your thoughts there more often then? ;) I&#39;m sure they would apreciate it. ;)

:)

internet.news
02-15-2004, 11:39 PM
You are feeling uncomfortable?

Let us stop this. I offerd you my help, and you kindl said you
don&#39;t want it - I am feeling quite useless. I am feeling really useless...

Edited: Am I so a bad human that noone wants to let me helping you?

infamousalbo101
02-16-2004, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by newcster68+15 February 2004 - 17:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (newcster68 @ 15 February 2004 - 17:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by infamousalbo101@15 February 2004 - 15:20
<!--QuoteBegin-internet.news@15 February 2004 - 16:43

Nice dreams,

David.
would you please learn how to spell colt? it&#39;s CULT not colt..geezuz :huh: [/b][/quote]
"GeeZus" :lol: :lol: :P

RGX
02-16-2004, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by internet.news+15 February 2004 - 22:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (internet.news @ 15 February 2004 - 22:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Virtualbody1234@15 February 2004 - 22:39

Not only Azzz, I am on another Forum also a long time Mod. ;) [/b][/quote]
Yes but Azz&#39;s forum doesn&#39;t have 70,000 members. There is so much more responsibility on this forum. You have to be coherent, understand everyones view, be responsible, friendly, and you HAVE TO FOLLOW THE RULES TO THE LETTER.

Having someone who repeats the same phrases over and over and posts mod issues openly in the lounge, then asks to be a mod is not going to make it mate. Sorry.

junkyardking
02-16-2004, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by internet.news@15 February 2004 - 23:39

:spam: :spam:
Dude stop spamming

Rip The Jacker
02-16-2004, 03:22 AM
Internet.news, you can&#39;t stop spamming, you can&#39;t get along with the other mods here, and you can barely follow the rules. And you want to be a mod?

silent VI
02-16-2004, 04:01 AM
:x

7thElement
02-16-2004, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by newcster68@15 February 2004 - 17:21
and...from what I was told is that if you have one mod member that doent want you as a mod the decision is final....aint that a crock....&nbsp; in the USA we have a voting system that gets you in by majority vote not what one person thinks..but hey&#33; Im happy where I sit..<_<
Let me explain this one ;)

I know that this method looks wrong but it is actually the best thing we can do. It makes no sense to choose a new mod if an existing mod has a problem with a nomination.

This would result in internal conflicts (mods questioning other mods) and in the end it would be bad for the board cause it is bad if mods can&#39;t work together and just wait for another ones wrong decision to be able to attack him / her.

@inews
You don&#39;t have a reason to feel sad cause you are responsible for your actions. I don&#39;t want to get into details but I can tell you that it would be a high risk to make you a mod cause you have multiple personalities and you react strange if you don&#39;t like something.

Would you hire somebody who tried to steal your wallet / tried to hack into your network if you were a bank manager looking for a new cashier ?

4play
02-16-2004, 05:49 AM
Would you hire somebody who tried to steal your wallet / tried to hack into your network if you were a bank manager looking for a new cashier ?

I thought that was your job to test the security of these sorts of places 7th. so you got hired. :rolleyes:

@Inews just because you are not a mod does not make you not a valued member of the board. :)

shn
02-16-2004, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by junkyardking+15 February 2004 - 21:18--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (junkyardking &#064; 15 February 2004 - 21:18)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-internet.news@15 February 2004 - 23:39

:spam: :spam:
Dude stop spamming[/b][/quote]
Your sig is spam. :lol: . Well actually its not but it hurts my eyes :blink:

Leave internet.newbie alone. :01:

tracydani
02-16-2004, 08:05 AM
I am not a mod at several forums, and I can tell you from experience that I like it that way :lol:

Besides, real life has enough responisbilities :blink:

TD

I.am
02-16-2004, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by tracydani@16 February 2004 - 01:05
I am not a mod at several forums, and I can tell you from experience that I like it that way :lol:

Besides, real life has enough responisbilities :blink:

TD
I concur :lol:

newcster68
02-16-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by infamousalbo101+15 February 2004 - 20:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (infamousalbo101 @ 15 February 2004 - 20:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by newcster68@15 February 2004 - 17:22

Originally posted by infamousalbo101@15 February 2004 - 15:20
<!--QuoteBegin-internet.news@15 February 2004 - 16:43

Nice dreams,

David.
would you please learn how to spell colt? it&#39;s CULT not colt..geezuz :huh:
"GeeZus" :lol: :lol: :P [/b][/quote]
Don&#39;t even gooo there&#33; :lol: I know how to spell, I just spelled it that way cause I don&#39;t use the lords name in that type of context.

internet.news
02-16-2004, 02:20 PM
Guys - give me a chance, if I would misuse my responsibility, you can ban
me forever. I am aware of this responsibility as I love this place, and: Rules
are for people and they are mainly made to guarantee a fast loading speed, if
you look on signature sizes and so on ;)

Guys, I love you all and I will always love you all ;) You all have
outstanding characters and I am thankful being able to share my thoughts with
you as many people on the the world even don&#39;t have this possibility ;)

Entity101
02-16-2004, 02:23 PM
Stop begging. We all know you won&#39;t be a mod unless hell freezes over twice.

RGX
02-16-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by internet.news@16 February 2004 - 14:20

Lets put this into context. Members get to 1000&#39;s of useful posts, help out people (helping out does not count as "I dont know but im going to post anyway about thoughts to make me seem caring") and never get to be a mod.

What makes you think you can carry off this position? What makes you think you deserve it more than others?

Wizzandabe
02-16-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Error403@16 February 2004 - 14:23
Stop begging. We all know you won&#39;t be a mod unless hell freezes over twice.
Twice :lol:

7thElement
02-16-2004, 02:53 PM
I see we have 3 problems now

1.) finding hell
2.) trying to freeze hell once found
3.) trying to freeze hell a second time

Sounds like...

... a hard task ;)

atiVidia
02-16-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by internet.news@16 February 2004 - 09:20

you had your chance at bribing SG members to let you into the beta testing crew: and FAILED&#33;

so ur sorta... down and out :lol:

btw i have no need to be a mod for internetworld. this is NOT an application :)

Benno
02-16-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by 7thElement@16 February 2004 - 14:53
I see we have 3 problems now

1.) finding hell
2.) trying to freeze hell once found
3.) trying to freeze hell a second time

Sounds like...

... a hard task ;)
Could you please send me a PM when you managed it, i would love to ice-skate in hell :ghostface:

internet.news
02-16-2004, 05:47 PM
SG: Everyone makes mistake, noone is perfect.

Am I hell am I a bad human? Some of you are not taking me seriously
and treating me very well - but I won&#39;t hurt you as you are just humans -
I am treating you better.

Why I want to be a Mod? I want to offer you my help. Is that bad that I
want be useful? But as I see helping each other doesn&#39;t seems to be important
for some of you...

Very sad...

Entity101
02-16-2004, 07:25 PM
The difference between being a mod and a normal member isn&#39;t about helping people or not.

Any mod-capable person would have understanded that...

newcster68
02-16-2004, 07:34 PM
Why don&#39;t you just close this thread? I understand that everybody on this board has the full right to state their case about any feelings they have towards any subject but this thread has become nothing but jibberish now. One NO answer is good enough and everybody is still harping on this senseless topic. Close it please. :lol: