PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic Section

Agrajag
02-17-2004, 08:51 PM
Strangely this topic is proper to About This Board. I really like the changes in the Off Topic area and have said so. I like the addition of an area where people can talk about things, without it being spammed out of existance, without it having to be earth shatteringly important. However navigation has become slightly confusing with there being 2 sections, one of which then splits into another 2, then again I think :blink:

Would it be possible to just have the 4 sections within the main heading of Off Topic :

World News
Talk Room
Lounge
Funny Stuff.

That would make it a lot easier to navigate about and know where you were. I no it is quite trivial, but I think this small change would make a big difference to ease of use. Anyone have any thought ?

thewizeard
02-17-2004, 08:58 PM
Yes, this is a good idea... :)

Cheese
02-17-2004, 09:12 PM
A good idea, it is a little annoying as it stands. And perhaps it is time to get rid of the funny section...to be honest most people will post vids/jokes in the lounge if they want them to be seen...I know I do.

Agrajag
02-17-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Withcheese@17 February 2004 - 21:12
A good idea, it is a little annoying as it stands. And perhaps it is time to get rid of the funny section...to be honest most people will post vids/jokes in the lounge if they want them to be seen...I know I do.
Good point, the three sections are really enough for what everybody wants or uses them for.

evildon
02-17-2004, 10:15 PM
i likes it....

Adster
02-17-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Withcheese@18 February 2004 - 07:12
Oh such a change typical with this board I suggested this a month ago and pl said fuck off dumbass idea

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-17-2004, 10:54 PM
<_< Yes this is another thing that caused the Lounge to go downhill.The MODs let People keep Threads in there that should be Moved to Funny Stuff.

Everybody just kept on Posting in there thinking it was ok.They never even think of Posting in other Sections anymore.

:P Now Flame back at me for Posting the Orange SoftWare in MusicWorld when I should of Posted in SoftWare World and this Thread will really Heat up. :P

FC http://filesharingtalk.com/extras/green/icon_cool.gif

Agrajag
02-17-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Adster+17 February 2004 - 22:29--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Adster @ 17 February 2004 - 22:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Withcheese@18 February 2004 - 07:12
A good idea, it is a little annoying as it stands.&nbsp; And perhaps it is time to get rid of the funny section...to be honest most people will post vids/jokes in the lounge if they want them to be seen...I know I do.
Oh such a change typical with this board I suggested this a month ago and pl said fuck off dumbass idea [/b][/quote]
It just seems the right time to do it just now. The new more serious Talk Room has just been created, so that would leave The World News, The Talk Room and The Lounge. The funny stuff could go in The Lounge, as Funky Capricorn says, they do it anyway.

I think you probably had a good idea, that was just a bit ahead of it&#39;s time. Hopefully whilst the changes are being made the Admin will do a bit of re-organising at the same time. It would be sensible to do it now, as the Off Topic section is going through changes anyway. These trivial changes could have a big effect on how easy that section is to use.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-17-2004, 11:47 PM
;) No.The MODs just need to start Moving more Threads.Start puting in more over time.

BOT being hired as an ADMIN?I wonder why. :rolleyes:

:P Not that I am starting anything by saying that. :P

:D

Cheese
02-17-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Agrajag+17 February 2004 - 22:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Agrajag @ 17 February 2004 - 22:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Adster@17 February 2004 - 22:29
<!--QuoteBegin-Withcheese@18 February 2004 - 07:12
Oh such a change typical with this board I suggested this a month ago and pl said fuck off dumbass idea
It just seems the right time to do it just now. The new more serious Talk Room has just been created, so that would leave The World News, The Talk Room and The Lounge. The funny stuff could go in The Lounge, as Funky Capricorn says, they do it anyway.

I think you probably had a good idea, that was just a bit ahead of it&#39;s time. Hopefully whilst the changes are being made the Admin will do a bit of re-organising at the same time. It would be sensible to do it now, as the Off Topic section is going through changes anyway. These trivial changes could have a big effect on how easy that section is to use. [/b][/quote]
Like you say these are trivial changes but they will make navigation a lot easier and will cause less confusion as to where to post stuff. We will have a section for news, a place for seriousness and one for having a laugh. Simple.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
02-18-2004, 12:00 AM
;) Maybe People need to leave the Lounge once in awhile and stop being Lizards. :P

Cheese
02-18-2004, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@17 February 2004 - 23:00
;) Maybe People need to leave the Lounge once in awhile and stop being Lizards. :P
The rest of the lounge is not a suitable climate for some of us lizards...the strange goings on in the other worlds scare us. :ph34r:

kAb
02-18-2004, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@17 February 2004 - 17:00
obviously you have finally migrated out :)

@adster, i agreed with you from the start that the funny section was a waste.

at least i&#39;m pretty sure i did. anyways if not, i do now :P

shn
02-18-2004, 05:44 PM
I dont think Ive been to the funny section but once or twice since I been here.

I get all my laughs and kicks watching some of theese members. :lol: