PDA

View Full Version : Slow Downloads From Robotolabs

DWells55
02-18-2004, 12:08 AM
Also, I'm downloading seasons from RobotLabs, using ABC and the DL speeds of the 3 seasons I'm downloading are 15, 8, and 8 kB/s. Why is it so slow (my upload speeds/MBs transferred are more than my download)? I have a 3 Megabit Cable connection... I tried the official Bittorrent client, and it seemed to be slightly faster. Also, browsing the web and DLing files (not using Bittorrent) for anyone on my 3 computer network is really slow when I'm downloading with Bittorrent (slightly better with ABC). My network was always okay when I had multiple downloads using KaZaA Lite K++. Is it because I didn't upload using KaZaA?

mooseman2070
02-18-2004, 01:35 AM
well how many seeds are there? try going to torrentstorrm or azureus. and try a different tracker (thats the most drastic measure)

edit: oh and try dling them one at a time

DWells55
02-18-2004, 04:20 AM
Whoa, whoa slow down, I just got the BitTorrent yesterday! For my own good, I'm gonna answer your questions one at a time so I don't confuse myself :lol: (yeah, I'm that dumb!)
1. How do I find out the number of seeds?
2. What are Torrentstorm and Azureus?
3. What's a tracker?
4. I tried downloading one at a time, still just as slow...

But why is browsing the web and DLing files (not using Bittorrent) for anyone on my 3 computer network is really slow when I'm downloading with Bittorrent? My dad is not happy :angry: ! My network was always okay when I had multiple downloads using KaZaA Lite K++. Is it because I didn't upload/share using KaZaA?