PDA

View Full Version : Protest? This Is Worth It

djweiser
02-20-2004, 02:25 AM
Hi, im a bit peeded off with the state of the world we live in. For example, if a dude runs an illegal mp3 site, he gets sued and set down for 10 years, compared to a guy goes out murderes his bose's wife and 2 kids and gets sent down for 7 month.

Since WHEN WAS THIS JUSTIS? Comments are welcome here, i want something done about this. Whos with me?

:angry:

bujub22
02-20-2004, 02:29 AM
are u in ny state i read a story like this ,this morning in the paper??

Samurai
02-20-2004, 02:36 AM
I'll grab my pitch-fork :D

It won't change. Not for a long time anyway.

vidcc
02-20-2004, 03:02 AM
Can you be sent to prison for a civil offence then? as i thought copyright vilolation was a civil court action Where one could be sued. I would be very interested in any cases where someone has gone to jail for a copyright offence (other than for contempt of court for not paying up)

Sparkle1984
02-20-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by djweiser@20 February 2004 - 01:25
Hi, im a bit peeded off with the state of the world we live in. For example, if a dude runs an illegal mp3 site, he gets sued and set down for 10 years, compared to a guy goes out murderes his bose's wife and 2 kids and gets sent down for 7 month.

Since WHEN WAS THIS JUSTIS? Comments are welcome here, i want something done about this. Whos with me?

:angry:
Yes I'm totally with ya, weiser! :D
Society needs to get its priorities right - there are people starving in the world and being killed by wars, toxins, natural disasters etc, and yet all these multinational corporations care about is trying to find some teenagers who share their favourite songs with each other.

Something has to be done, the corporations have to be taught that they can't treat the planet and its people like this for any longer!! :angry:

Always, the root cause of a social problem has to be addressed before it can be solved. There are enough resources in this world for everyone, but they're not shared out equally.

bigboab
02-20-2004, 11:10 PM
What should be done is that the companies concerned should be warned via the internet that unless these people are treated fairly then consideration would be given to asking for a worldwide ban on their products. The public must be made aware of the warning.

I think this may affect shares initially and may result in them taking appropriate action.

Samurai
02-20-2004, 11:18 PM
I believe that if everyone in the world organised together some sort of ban on buying CD's, Films & Games for a period of say 30 days, they would finally realise they can't continue with their inflated prices on CD's, Films & Games.

h1
02-21-2004, 03:39 AM
:blink: 7 months for a triple homicide? WTF? :angry: