PDA

View Full Version : Return Of The King Logistic.722mb

newcombe6
02-23-2004, 10:09 AM
Can someone tell me if this is a real file please. its 722mb, its 3 hours 11 mins long, which seems about right, and the filename is (md)lotr.return of the king-ts.logistic.divx.xtech-avi. the problem is that avi preview and videolan freeze at about 9 seconds long. to save me downloading a long file(im on 56k), can someone tell me if the film freezes here, or just avi preview? maybe someone has downloaded it themselves? i havent downloaded much of the file, so is it that videolan only has 9 secs to show?

i only save this, because i think from earlier posts on this forum, poeple have had files that freeze, and i dont want to waste 40 hours downloading a bollox file

cheers for any replies in advance

Adster
02-23-2004, 10:35 AM
If you got it from kazaa chances are a fake

722 meg seems to short too and i think it should be 3 hrs and 22 mins

MUSLEMAN
02-23-2004, 10:52 AM
hey boss try here and see if one of these sites help (http://tech_ultra.now.nu/)

newcombe6
02-23-2004, 11:19 AM
cheers for the replies lads. yeah i did get it from a kazaa search. it had over 100 users which is a bit odd fro a fake i thought. but i thought the logistics version was at least 2 disc, so i have my doubts. the quality looks like a repack of the tmd 4 part cam version, but higher res. and apparently it doesnt have the end credits so 3hr11mins mite be ok. is therre any way to tell whether the file stops at 9 secs, or just videolan does by the way? (ie i know it sounds stupid, but can a 9 sec avi file be 722mb?)

and that for the links form the second reply, i havent checked verified downloads for ages. tis still a pretty good site.

newcombe6
02-23-2004, 11:21 AM
i check this forum quite a lot, but to recap the only decent versions of the film at the mo are:

3 disc vhs screener

crappy cam versions

3 gig chakra version do much for 56k im afraid!)

2 disc logistic version

are they are others? of half decent quality?

ck-uk
02-23-2004, 11:38 AM
3 gig chakra version do much for 56k im afraid!)

:lol: in-it mate .I tried downloadin a gig movie before on 56k ,it did'nt last long before i cancel it .Its bad news all these multipule file movies for 56k. :)

newcombe6
02-23-2004, 02:44 PM
couldnt agree more cd-uk, 3 gigs on a 56k takes the piss! i appreciate some 56k users like all these tmd cam movies, but they piss everyone else off. the quality is always so shit, i wonder why people bother with em. if u think bout it, a 1 disc screener only takes 35 hours on bittorrent, so leave your pc on overnite for 3 days and bobs your uncle!

for anyone following this by the way, that earlier 722mb lord of the rings file is bollox, i found out from another forum - but thanks to everyone who replied anyways, i appreciate it. its only a repack of the esoteric cam version anyway, and more to the point its incomplete anyways.

has anyone got any news on when theyre may be a screener of return of the king (or wont there be?) i know theres a vhs screener out, but bearing in mind the oscars are on sunday, any chance of a dvd quality screener anytime soon? if someone in the know could offer any info id sure appreciate it

also does anyone know when the dvd is scheduled to come out, from memory the last two came out bout august i think(uk i mean, dont know bout us). anyone got any info?