PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Here Make Millions From The Tech Boom?

Robert00000
02-25-2004, 09:17 PM
Don't you just hate it when you missed out on something like that. So much easy money was made if you got out at the right time.

If the tech boom happened now i could have been a billionaire in a couple of weeks :lol:

I also missed out on the housing market boom here in the UK too :angry:

But in any case i'll be starting my biz in a couple of weeks. Don't know if i'll make billions though :( , well, i'll be happy with just hundreds of millions :lol:

If i do become very rich it will take at lot longer than a couple weeks :o . Wish me luck ;)

internet.news
02-25-2004, 09:19 PM
Good luck :D

bujub22
02-25-2004, 09:19 PM
good luck ;) im stil tryin at makin a big blockbuster movie someday tho ;) :( :frusty:

Neo 721
02-25-2004, 09:27 PM
Yep your right Rob, in such a short space of time the entire high tec industry has become all automated and thousands of jobs have went down the lav and before us we see Unemployment valley and the Glen of the no prospects. So the prospects of a future in Computer science is somewhat limited :( . Well looks like ill have to join the airforce :gunsmile:

Robert00000
02-25-2004, 10:37 PM
Thanks to you all.

I've been planning this for over 2 years, getting everything fine tuned for the market.

I should feel excited, but feel nervous anguish about how the clients will react to the products/sevices. Will it be success or failure?

The money lenders were happy for me to give it a go, so it cant be a waste of time :D .

I suppose when you have planned something for so long it isnt surprising to feel this way.

To NEO721: You are right about the tech industry. But i think it was to be expected because most of the businesses at that time had unrealistic expectations. They were encouraged to grow rapidly without any real financial controls in place.

Many of those businesses could have still been around if it wasnt for their desire to spend so much money to grow quickly. The ones who practiced sound financial control or had enough money to get past the rough period are still here doing very well.

There also seems to be a resurgence in tech shares of late. For past year they have been steadily increasing in value.

My biz isn't a dotcom in the traditional sense, but it does utilize computer technology to increase the revenues of my target businesses and helping to bring them into the 21st century.

I suppose i'l find out in a few months time if this going to work out :rolleyes:

bigboab
02-25-2004, 10:46 PM
I was one of the first in on the baby boom. It cost me a fortune. :lol:

Robert00000
02-25-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by bujub22@25 February 2004 - 21:19
im stil tryin at makin a big blockbuster movie someday tho ;) :( :frusty:
If you are serious about making a movie you should realise only one in every 1000 get into production.

To create a good movie you need to add unexpected twists, we all like being surprised.

I think the best way to learn to write a good script is to watch a lot of good movies, not necessarily big budget ones, but the ones that few have seen before but have good story lines, that you could pinch a few things from ;) .

I don't think there are many story lines that havent already been covered, so the best thing to do is take something that's been done before, but did not get the proper attention it merited and add a few surprises and maybe create it for a bigger budget and/or in different genre, i.e animation, comedy etc.

100%
02-25-2004, 10:50 PM
I have some
"safe played" stocks

i remember one of the questions they asked
which is...

Robert00000 do you sleep unconcerned about the current state of your investements at night?

Robert00000
02-25-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Zedaxax@25 February 2004 - 22:50
Robert00000 do you sleep unconcerned about the current state of your investements at night?
Sleep :blink: . I vaguely remember what that is :lol:

But I keep reminding myself i have nothing much to lose if try. If everything falls apart i could say i gave it a try and then go back to my normal life (well, try my other plans first:lol: )

There is nothing worse than not taking the chance in a situation like this when the odds seem so much in your favour.

I wonder how many of us don't realise our ambitions simply because we are too afraid to take the risk.

There was a topic a few months ago in the lounge about a charity using a novel way to get donations. It made me wonder how so many of us in the western world with all the opportunities we have don't take it, when these poor people in the third world arent given the same opportunities.

I think we should all be ambitious, that way we will create greater wealth for the economy and ourselves.

Zedaxax: What companies did you invest in?

fugley
02-25-2004, 11:07 PM
I got £1.50 for sellin me Rolf Harris Stylophone.

:blink:

RGX
02-25-2004, 11:12 PM
bujub, serious good luck with the book mate, if your writing is as good as your drawing skills, you'll go far if you push yourself.

bigboab
02-25-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by fugley@25 February 2004 - 23:07
I got £1.50 for sellin me Rolf Harris Stylophone.

:blink:
Fantastic Fugs. :) That's more than you would have got for Rolf. :lol:

Yogi
02-25-2004, 11:21 PM
I played the market quite roughly in those days.

Mainly short-term stock-options.

Days when 100 euro became 1200 in 5 hours..........

That rush is so incredible!!!

Yeah, also days that did the reverse......... :o

Made a fortune on ProLion[milkmachines] stocks and then lost it again on options

Royal Dutch Oil........

When i stopped a few years ago , i think i played even allover.

No "i could/should have's........"; it was good fun while it lasted!!

I still have 50 stocks Sopheon[educational software], worth 49 eurocent

each.(from 0.20 2 weeks ago!!)

Two years ago i sold 200 of them for 16,85. Bought for, guess......35 eurocents!!!

But what happens?? Two weeks later Sopheon did 28,65!!!

Etc, etc.

Best of all, i learned sooo much about economy those days.

Taking courses learning that would have costed me much more!!!!

Yogi

100%
02-26-2004, 12:11 AM
abnamro basic obligation funds
nothing exciting - stable income.....yawn

unless you can make it rock??

bujub22
02-26-2004, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Robert00000+25 February 2004 - 18:49--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Robert00000 @ 25 February 2004 - 18:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bujub22@25 February 2004 - 21:19
im stil tryin at makin a big blockbuster movie someday tho ;)&nbsp; :(&nbsp; :frusty:
If you are serious about making a movie you should realise only one in every 1000 get into production.

To create a good movie you need to add unexpected twists, we all like being surprised.

I think the best way to learn to write a good script is to watch a lot of good movies, not necessarily big budget ones, but the ones that few have seen before but have good story lines, that you could pinch a few things from ;) .

I don&#39;t think there are many story lines that havent already been covered, so the best thing to do is take something that&#39;s been done before, but did not get the proper attention it merited and add a few surprises and maybe create it for a bigger budget and/or in different genre, i.e animation, comedy etc. [/b][/quote]
animation is my dept. and mixing different story to have funny twist and action is what i love to make :D

Robert00000
02-27-2004, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by bujub22+26 February 2004 - 02:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bujub22 @ 26 February 2004 - 02:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Robert00000@25 February 2004 - 18:49
<!--QuoteBegin-bujub22@25 February 2004 - 21:19
im stil tryin at makin a big blockbuster movie someday tho ;) :( :frusty:

I don&#39;t think there are many story lines that havent already been covered, so the best thing to do is take something that&#39;s been done before, but did not get the proper attention it merited and add a few surprises and maybe create it for a bigger budget and/or in different genre, i.e animation, comedy etc.
animation is my dept. and mixing different story to have funny twist and action is what i love to make :D [/b][/quote]
Then go for it :D .

Don&#39;t be put off by rejection, because it will happen even if you have good movie. Its a matter of persevering in the movie business.

If you don&#39;t get success, ask them why they rejected your idea, that way you learn and can adapt. :D

Robert00000
02-27-2004, 01:00 AM
One piece of advice i would give any budding entrepreneur is to create an account with paypal or a similar service, and think of how you can make people pay you for a product or service.

This way your mind is focused on finding opportunities. With enough time and thought you are bound to come up with a good saleable business idea.