PDA

View Full Version : Would It Effect You ?

vidcc
02-26-2004, 10:34 PM
there has been a lot of debate about whether gays should be allowed the same rights to marry as hetrosexuals and all the legal stuff that goes with it
I am a happily married hetrosexual and if a couple of same sex people want to marry it won't affect my life one bit.
They are not asking for special treatment and are not on a recruitment drive. they just want to be given the SAME rights as every other American.
this is not a post about approval or dissaproval, rather could anyone come up with a valid point as to just how it would detrimental to YOUR life if same sex marriage was allowed.

JONNO_CELEBS
02-26-2004, 10:38 PM
I went to a gay wedding last year, my 2 friends got married, Rob and Wayne :)
It was done nicely and everyone had a great time, this was'nt a legal "By the church" marrage but they exchanged rings and vows and the ceremony was conducted by an American Priest who resembled Steven Hawkins :ph34r: Really!

So I don't see any reason why it should effect anyone, who does what is their right as human beings :)

Jonno B)

TARPD
02-26-2004, 10:39 PM
the confusing thing to me is. with christians its wrong to be gay so marrying is conscious evil. if youre not christian doesnt marriage become irrelevent anyway?

bujub22
02-26-2004, 10:39 PM
:( sure fuckem

Mr. Mulder
02-26-2004, 10:40 PM
I couldn't give a toss :) ...there's all this noise because it's new and supposedly shocking, but once all the fuss dies down people will stop going on about it ...if it's not gay marriages it's pokemon :rolleyes: ...there's always something new and insignificant to complain about :unsure:

Gemby!
02-26-2004, 10:40 PM
yes .. yes it would effect me ...

*this is not actually gemby's view - merely an attempt to have a range of answers *

JONNO_CELEBS
02-26-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by TARPD@26 February 2004 - 22:39
the confusing thing to me is. with christians its wrong to be gay so marrying is conscious evil. if youre not christian doesnt marriage become irrelevent anyway?
I&#39;m a christian.........aparently <_<

I&#39;m bi sexual, I could&#39;nt give a shit what the church thinks considering most of them are gay anyway :rolleyes:

@Gems......Thats twice tonight you made me laugh :lol:

Jonno B)

vidcc
02-26-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by gemby&#33;@26 February 2004 - 14:40
yes .. yes it would effect me ...

*this is not actually gemby&#39;s view - merely an attempt to have a range of answers *
:D i appreciate the joke but could you expand on that answer and say HOW it would effect you...funny answers are welcome..this is the spam room after all, but it would be nice if someone (especially the anti brigade) could come up with an example of how it would directly be detrimental to THEIR life apart from the fact that they don&#39;t like it

bujub22
02-26-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS+26 February 2004 - 18:45--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JONNO_CELEBS @ 26 February 2004 - 18:45)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TARPD@26 February 2004 - 22:39
I&#39;m a christian.........aparently <_<

I&#39;m bi sexual, I could&#39;nt give a shit what the church thinks considering most of them are gay anyway :rolleyes:

@Gems......Thats twice tonight you made me laugh :lol:

Jonno B) [/b][/quote]
[QUOTE]considering most of them are gay anyway

:lol: :lol: so true :angry: sorry :lol: :lol:

TARPD
02-26-2004, 10:47 PM
i&#39;m not really a christian. i see the bible as rough guidelines, but real christians would follow the book and breaking the rules really wouldnt be allowed by god

NikkiD
02-26-2004, 10:53 PM
I don&#39;t see that it would affect me personally in the slightest. If two people are in love and want to get married, then it matters not to me that they are of the same or opposite sex. If they are happy, isn&#39;t that all that really matters?

JONNO_CELEBS
02-26-2004, 10:53 PM
I AM a real christian :rolleyes:
I was christend at birth, went to sunday school and church............til I was 12 and played football on a Sunday :D

But I don&#39;t follow the book, I think the book is just chinese whispers, I&#39;m suprised it does&#39;nt say somewhere "Purple yellow mokeys do do" :rolleyes:

It&#39;s all in the mind, people believe because they want to, the bible is just a symbol, does&#39;nt mean shit :)

Jonno B)

TARPD
02-26-2004, 10:54 PM
no kids though

bigboab
02-26-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@26 February 2004 - 22:45
I&#39;m bi sexual:

I could not care less what other people do as long as it does not interefere with my or anyone else&#39;s rights. Subject to the laws of the land of course.

@ Jonno does this mean you come in cycles, your tyred, you need a blow job ocassionally and we are saddled with you.

Rat Faced
02-26-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@26 February 2004 - 22:53
I AM a real christian :rolleyes:
I was christend at birth, went to sunday school and church............til I was 12 and played football on a Sunday :D

But I don&#39;t follow the book, I think the book is just chinese whispers, I&#39;m suprised it does&#39;nt say somewhere "Purple yellow mokeys do do" :rolleyes:

It&#39;s all in the mind, people believe because they want to, the bible is just a symbol, does&#39;nt mean shit :)

Jonno B)
They found the missing 1st page and after they cleaned it up, got all the crap off it they could just make out....

"All characters in this publication are fictitiousand any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental&#33;"

NikkiD
02-26-2004, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Rat Faced@26 February 2004 - 18:04
They found the missing 1st page and after they cleaned it up, got all the crap off it they could just make out....

"All characters in this publication are fictitiousand any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental&#33;"
LMAO Paul. :lol:

Rat Faced
02-26-2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by NikkiD+26 February 2004 - 23:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NikkiD @ 26 February 2004 - 23:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rat Faced@26 February 2004 - 18:04

LMAO Paul. :lol: [/b][/quote]
((((((((((((((((((((Nikki))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

:wub:

JONNO_CELEBS
02-26-2004, 11:09 PM
@somebody on the last page cos I&#39;m too slow.......Adoption :)

It&#39;s been done in the UK :)

2 guys adopted a child :)

Jonno B)

Edit @RF.........I very nearly posted that :lol: Red Dwarf Nikki ;) Better Than Life episode :)

TARPD
02-26-2004, 11:10 PM
no. i mean NO kids. its cruel