PDA

View Full Version : Tim Burton

Mr. Elmo
02-27-2004, 03:21 PM
hi, u might have remember me asking for a director a couple days ago for my project. i chose tim burton and was wondering, do u guys know anythign that tim burton uses in almost every one of his film? like somethign that "stamps" his work. it could be things like lighting, special effects, sound anything that is in all of his film. thank you

uNz[i]
02-27-2004, 04:32 PM
Well he does make excellent use of shadows and darkness... it shows in every film of his that I've seen. And when I say darkness, I'm not just talking about the lighting... the darkness appears in the storyline and the characters as well.

Edward Scissorhands, Beetlejuice, The nightmare before Christmas, The Batman movies... the darkness in them all is a recurrent theme.
His new one, Big Fish... has a typically dark Burtonesque quality to it from what I've seen in the trailer.

mr. nails
02-27-2004, 11:42 PM
great choose!!! tim burton is one of my favs! his sets r usually dark and has a fantasy feel to them. and yeah, as previouly stated. the darkness if u will... :unsure:

DarthInsinuate
02-28-2004, 12:03 AM
Without doing too much strenuous work i would also say Tim Burton has gothic images imprinted on his retina - if you didn't spot that before, give up the project now

he's got a pretty twisted imagination, this quote i stole from the IMDB seems to sum him up

"You don't know whether chimps are going to kill you or kiss you. They're very open on some levels and much more evil in a certain way."

Mr. Elmo
03-01-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by DarthInsinuate@28 February 2004 - 00:03

"You don't know whether chimps are going to kill you or kiss you. They're very open on some levels and much more evil in a certain way."
:lol: :lol: :lol: ty for all your hlep...i notice the darkness too in sleepy hollow and the gothic theme. The main character...forgot his name is very gothicky(word??? :lol: ) anymore suggestion?