PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Me

kzur
03-07-2003, 01:04 AM
whenever my download is "completed" i right click on it and "clear eroneous" and it sends it to my shared folders and then i drag it into my folder i want.and thats great...now after i down load something and right click on it its gone and i have no idea where it is..i messed up and changed the name of the file in the settings,and i cant find my original..how do i get it back the way it was..please

The Great Dude
03-07-2003, 01:08 AM
1. You posted in the wrong area.
2. :rtfm:
3. Did you try searching for it on your computer with files or folders.

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-07-2003, 01:12 AM
What do you mean by?

changed the name of the file in the settings,and i cant find my original Are you talking about "My Shared Folder"??
If you did change the name of My Shared Folder accidently, and KL is set up so the file is sent to My Shared Folder, then another My Shared Folder should have been created.
Check "My Kazaa Lite" (next to Theater" and see if the file is there.

kzur
03-07-2003, 01:29 AM
sorry i posted in the wrong area.this is the first time i did this..ill try those..thanx

kzur
03-07-2003, 01:32 AM
no shinigami its not there..i just want to know what i have to do to be able to have my downloaded songs,etc. go back to my folder

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-07-2003, 01:34 AM
That's easy. You can either name the misnamed folder back to "My Shared Folder" or
Open Kazaa Lite>Options>Find Media to Share> then locate the misnamed folder and share that. :)

kzur
03-07-2003, 01:56 AM
how can i get it back to when its complete and i right click on it,it goes to the same place all my individually named files are and i can just drag it into one.i cant find the old folder anywhere :blink:

The Great Dude
03-07-2003, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by kzur@6 March 2003 - 17:32
no shinigami its not there..i just want to know what i have to do to be able to have my downloaded songs,etc. go back to my folder
In the Kazaa Lite options, you can also change the downloads directory.

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-07-2003, 02:08 AM
Well.... look for a folder that seems to hole however much you shared. You can also search for it by searching for a song that was in the folder, i think. And can you rephrase this:
how can i get it back to when its complete and i right click on it,it goes to the same place all my individually named files are and i can just drag it into one

Sorry but I just took a 3 hour English test and my brain is fried on decoding :lol: :P

kzur
03-07-2003, 02:22 AM
you know when your finished downloading something it goes to your shared folder..i have like 10 individually named folders in there and i drag the individual songs into their designated folder.it doesnt do that any more.they dont go there.

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-07-2003, 02:35 AM
Does an error come up? Make sure no one is currently uploading that file or your not playing it in any player.

The Great Dude
03-07-2003, 02:36 AM
You could try cut and paste the file.

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-07-2003, 02:37 AM
yea... I read that before on how to delete "non-deletable files" :P

The Great Dude
03-07-2003, 02:52 AM
Doesn't restarting the computer usually lets you delete those files in use?

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-07-2003, 02:56 AM
It should but not always. I only had one like that before but I eventually deleted it... the next day.

The Great Dude
03-07-2003, 02:59 AM
I think with task manager, you can try to end the process of it.

I can't believe you did not move this mods. :P

kzur
03-07-2003, 03:00 AM
no.. no errors come up.all the stuff downloads fine the downloads just dont go to the same page as my folders are on..and you know when your searching for something,on the left it says my kazaa.where it says "all" and then the # of songs etc.it shows i have none,but i still have all my stuff in my folders?

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-07-2003, 03:05 AM
It's because the DL'ed files should go to your main folder, i.e. My shared Folder. Look down at the bottom right of Kazaa Lite and see how many files you are sharing. If it says 0(zero), then you've basically lost your files lol (or they're just in a different folder so find them already! :) ) Sometimes you can't trust "My Kazaa Lite" because it usually doesn't refresh itself to update what has been newly added to your My Shared Folder.

kzur
03-07-2003, 03:25 AM
thanx for the help..you guys rule :D