PDA

View Full Version : G3 Torrent

dragon_son
03-02-2004, 11:44 PM
G3 Torrent

hmmm seems to be new never seen it posted till now seems liek a hald decent program though I havent tested it yet only read about it

http://g3torrent.sourceforge.net/

http://sourceforge.net/projects/g3torrent/

namzuf9
03-03-2004, 12:10 AM
Looks good I&#39;m gonna give it a try. The idea of choosing a single file out of the torrent to d/l looks useful but is open to abuse as is the leech feature <_<

dragon_son
03-03-2004, 07:45 AM
yes that leech feature i mentioned in their forums hopefully it will be dealt with so you cant fully leech <_<

dragon_son
03-03-2004, 08:27 AM
wow i mean just wow

-0.96 - Feb 24, 04&#39;
*Decreased cpu impact of the p2p progress bars
*Right click in lists even over progress bars works correctly now
*Rate, On Completion and Choker options are saved on a per torrent basis.
&nbsp; &nbsp; ie: Next time the program starts up the settings you made will be
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; correctly loaded with the settings you left them at and will no be reset
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; to the global defaults.
*Had to disable the system for keeping the System Tray/Taskbar Icon even after
&nbsp; &nbsp; an explorer crash because in certain setups it behaved werid

well cpu usage seems fine and all but i think he needs to work on the RAM issue dling only 1 torrent and when it completed it went from using only 1000k to using 100000k according to taskmanager. Not sure if my box wigged out or what but as soon as i noticed the change i closed the program and it all stopped so i think maybe some sortta major memory problem :P

dragon_son
03-05-2004, 06:40 PM
well done a lil more testing with the app and its not half bad excluding the leech function which i may add is useless if you actually wanna dl something.

would like to see another update to it soon

CPU1
03-06-2004, 12:51 AM
hmmm seems like a combination of azureus and abc doesnt it

bogaaa
03-06-2004, 03:41 PM
Uhhh yeah it&#39;s translated from java to python

CPU1
03-06-2004, 09:27 PM
thats funny azureues was translated from python to java and now it being translated back to python

bogaaa
03-06-2004, 10:13 PM
Dont see what the point is of all these clients, They all work the same way
using Bram cohens core, Damn Pointless

kungartur
03-06-2004, 10:25 PM
an leech only mode....well i supose this one will be the leechers favorite <_<

CPU1
03-07-2004, 08:58 AM
well i just tryied it out. didnt like it much
as for the leecher thing its says but i just want to leech. under the description it says expect lower download speeds. which u probably will

there was also another option that has after completion to stop sharing. i really dont see the poing of this. i mean it will save leechers time :lol:

as for the friends thing. i think u needed the same program to do this. good luck trying to find a person with the same program as u

the only thing that did seem to interest me was the client whatever which will identify itself as another bt client

dragon_son
03-08-2004, 08:03 AM
yes the writeer seems to have enabled client spoofing cause several trackers banned his client due to what they call LEECH FRIENDLYNESS no wonder i couldnt use it for a while till i told tracker i was shadows 5.8.8 :P

all in all i think that this is a half decent program and that leech feature aint lying at all when it says expect slow dl speeds

even with a bunch of seeds i got a max of 15 kbs but just enabling it to upload even 1 kbs would let me download at 40 TO 50 kbs