PDA

View Full Version : Screen Still?

erRor67
03-03-2004, 07:12 AM
How does one make screen stills? I mean I downloaded this movie. I played it in several diffent movie viewers. I paused it at the moment I wanted. I took a 'print screen' of the screen and then saved it as a image file. When I opened it up the area where the movie still was suppose to be was black! Why? How does one create ones own screen caps? There isnt any special software needed right? Whats the secret! Please tell me!

delphin460
03-03-2004, 07:21 AM
dont spam your questions plz 1 is enough,

and yes most screen cap software allows you to capture full screen or application, but im not sure if you can capture like that, unless you use a video editing program and just convert one frame to a still

i believe pure motion edit studio can do the above

3RA1N1AC
03-03-2004, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Bishtawiman@2 March 2004 - 23:12
How does one make screen stills? I mean I downloaded this movie. I played it in several diffent movie viewers. I paused it at the moment I wanted. I took a 'print screen' of the screen and then saved it as a image file. When I opened it up the area where the movie still was suppose to be was black! Why? How does one create ones own screen caps? There isnt any special software needed right? Whats the secret! Please tell me!
the "print screen" function doesn't capture the video overlay, which mpg/avi images are shown as part of. there are some players, like BSPlayer for example, which are able to export still captures. try BSPlayer, pause the movie on the frame that you want, and press Shift + P. you may need to go through the configuration options and select which folder you want to save captures to.

unreal_dude
03-03-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by 3RA1N1AC+3 March 2004 - 14:23--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (3RA1N1AC @ 3 March 2004 - 14:23)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bishtawiman@2 March 2004 - 23:12
How does one make screen stills? I mean I downloaded this movie. I played it in several diffent movie viewers. I paused it at the moment I wanted. I took a &#39;print screen&#39; of the screen and then saved it as a image file. When I opened it up the area where the movie still was suppose to be was black&#33;&nbsp; Why? How does one create ones own screen caps? There isnt any special software needed right? Whats the secret&#33; Please tell me&#33;
the "print screen" function doesn&#39;t capture the video overlay, which mpg/avi images are shown as part of. there are some players, like BSPlayer for example, which are able to export still captures. try BSPlayer, pause the movie on the frame that you want, and press Shift + P. you may need to go through the configuration options and select which folder you want to save captures to. [/b][/quote]
100 % correct &#33;&#33; Try Powerdvd or Hyper Shot Dx. I guess i prefer Powerdvd &#33;&#33;
Cheers.Bye.

{I}{K}{E}
03-03-2004, 12:51 PM
for bsplayer press &#39;P&#39; if I remember correct

4th gen
03-03-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}@3 March 2004 - 11:51
for bsplayer press &#39;P&#39; if I remember correct
Yep. BSplayer is what I normally use

Nightwolf
03-03-2004, 02:04 PM
In Windows Media Player 9, use Ctrl+I.

Cygnuz-Y
03-03-2004, 04:00 PM
You can try SnagIt too, its my weapon of choice, it can even record a video of whats happening on screen...