PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Help Needed

Legolas
03-06-2004, 06:42 PM
i downloaded a copy of lotr (lord of the rings- return of the king xvid dvdrip). it wasnt the diamond one. when i try to burn it to cd, 1/3 of the movie takes up a whole dvd. i believe that it is measuring the length of the clip, as opposed to size. what can i do about getting all 3 parts onto the dvd?

Legolas
03-06-2004, 09:12 PM
no one?

Darth Sushi
03-06-2004, 09:20 PM
Well, you give us more details. What software (including version #) are you using to burn the CDs. Burn method, File type, codec, bla, bla, bla.

Legolas
03-06-2004, 09:28 PM
well, im trying to burn 3 parts of lotr onto 1 dvd+rw. im using sonic mydvd. it allows u to construct dvds. the file type is .avi. the prob is not the file size though, as each file is 707 megs. Thats like 2.1 gigs, which can supposedly fit on a 4.7 gig dvd+rw, i would suppose. it must be the length of the movie.

Legolas
03-06-2004, 10:46 PM
someone help me please

Robert00000
03-07-2004, 01:22 AM
are you burning it as data or video? (if applicable). You should burn it as data, otherwise it may estimate the conversion size thinking you want it as dvd video disk.

Legolas
03-07-2004, 01:45 AM
with sonic mydvd, u add the files and it shows thumbnails of the beginnings of the scenes. so it sees it as a movie, not as data. The funny thing is that i burnt the ring version of lotr screener and it went fine

Legolas
03-07-2004, 02:57 AM
how come i can't get fast help from people with great reputations as helpers?
live up to your expectations! my hard drive is 2 gigs full of a dud movie if u guys cant help!

Edit- I also want to be able to watch the dvd on the xbox

ck-uk
03-07-2004, 08:14 AM
Use "ulead dvd movie factory "mate its alot easier and striaght forward.Your probs most likely because you're encodeing with a high bitrate of pcm audio over mp2. :)

Robert00000
03-07-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Legolas@7 March 2004 - 02:57
how come i can't get fast help from people with great reputations as helpers?
live up to your expectations! my hard drive is 2 gigs full of a dud movie if u guys cant help!

Edit- I also want to be able to watch the dvd on the xbox
the reason you're not getting fast help is because we live in different parts of the world, and most of us are a sleep when you post :lol:

To watch it on xbox or a dvd player yuo will need to encode it first into dvd complient mpeg2 format.

use tmpgenc (use 2000 to 4000 vbr) or cucusoft, then join the movie parts together. You will now need to author the dvd. I mainly use dvd-lab for this (its the most versatile i've used).

The dvd movie will be too big to fit on a dvd-r disk, so you will need to make it smaller using dvd shrink or similar.

EDIT: ulead dvd movie factory may be easier, so try that first. I havent used it for a long time.