PDA

View Full Version : Motherboard Bios Question

Monkey Joe
03-07-2004, 05:44 AM
this mobo is in a dell comp. i want to flash it with an intel bios. I know it can be done because i did it with a gateway computer. does any1 have a link or suggestion as to what bios this board takes. i went to intel.com, and i see a board named Intel 810E. i am not sure if 810E is the same as Cayman CA810. The bios is AMI. if more info is needed, Mïcrösöül°V³ will prolly be the one to give it to you, we are friends. AIDA32 gave me the board make and shit like that. thanks for any help you can give.............BTW, i wanna flash it so i dont have to look at that stupid dell splash screen, plus it will just make me feel better, cuz OEM's suck ass.
oh.....the CPU is a Celery 1ghz. (and actually, this is Mïcrösöül°V³ typing this for a friend at his house :D ) thanks guys..

lynx
03-07-2004, 12:20 PM
First of all, just because you did it successfully with a Gateway pc doesn't mean that you will be able to do the same thing with a Dell pc. You MAY be able to do it, but there are no guarantees.

Secondly, please give us the model number of your Dell pc, there is nothing listed under either cayman or ca810 on Dell's website (except some articles about the Cayman Islands :blink: ) so it is a little difficult to find out what mobo you've actually got. But from the mess on Dell's website I'm not too hopeful that the model number will help either.

The other thing which might help is the current bios code. This is a long string of characters usually shown at the bottom of the display when you first boot up. Of course, Dell may have obscured this with their logo. You can sometimes see this code if you go into bios setup, but again this depends on the particular bios.

clocker
03-07-2004, 02:04 PM
If you really believe that OEM "sucks ass" then perhaps you should just get an aftermarket board and bypass the problem.

Believe me though, "ass suckage" is not an exclusively OEM feature.

tesco
03-08-2004, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by lynx@7 March 2004 - 07:20
First of all, just because you did it successfully with a Gateway pc doesn't mean that you will be able to do the same thing with a Dell pc. You MAY be able to do it, but there are no guarantees.

Secondly, please give us the model number of your Dell pc, there is nothing listed under either cayman or ca810 on Dell's website (except some articles about the Cayman Islands :blink: ) so it is a little difficult to find out what mobo you've actually got. But from the mess on Dell's website I'm not too hopeful that the model number will help either.

The other thing which might help is the current bios code. This is a long string of characters usually shown at the bottom of the display when you first boot up. Of course, Dell may have obscured this with their logo. You can sometimes see this code if you go into bios setup, but again this depends on the particular bios.
there might be a setting in your bios to make it not show the delll screen, i did it with my hp computer. on mine it was under boot or startup or somehting like that and it was called boot time diagnostic screen. i had to enable it.