PDA

View Full Version : Got A Freakin Virus

Secret Squirrel
03-08-2004, 04:21 AM
Well i got this virus called dialone and one or something, now it says in step one in removal to restart in safe mode, how do i do that? I have windows Xp Pro

The following instructions pertain to all Symantec antivirus products that support Expanded Threat detection.

Update the definitions.
Restart the computer in Safe mode.
Run a full system scan and delete all the files detected as Dialer.OneOnOne.
Delete the value that was added to the registry.
Restore the Internet Explorer home page.

muchspl2
03-08-2004, 04:22 AM
easy http://www.google.com/search?q=restart%20in%20safe%20mode

h1
03-08-2004, 05:21 AM
:angry: Damn it!

You beat me. :P

Mr. Blunt
03-08-2004, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by muchspl2@7 March 2004 - 20:22
easy http://www.google.com/search?q=restart%20in%20safe%20mode
I fu.cking love google. :D

h1
03-08-2004, 05:46 AM
It's even better in Problems and Questions where noobs ask all the time "OMG WHERE CAN I GET FREE MUSIC" or something else that's been asked hundreds of times. :P

delphin460
03-08-2004, 09:26 AM
the real answer here is get a fucking working virus checker on your puter and stop being a retard leech that helps spread these viruses in the first place

Manny Roscoe
03-08-2004, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by delphin460@8 March 2004 - 05:26
the real answer here is get a fucking working virus checker on your puter and stop being a retard leech that helps spread these viruses in the first place
Was that fuckin&#39; necessary? <_<

silent VI
03-08-2004, 10:23 AM
update your antivirus
rightclick my computer check the system restore box
restart your comp
during restart press f8
run in safe mode
run virus scan
delete virus
:) virus removed

TRshady
03-08-2004, 11:10 AM
Another way to retsart in safe mode:

Go to start>run and type "msconfig" without the quotes.
Then under boot.ini tab, check the /safeboot box and restart.

Just remember to do the same (but untick) then restart to go back to normal mode.

RGX
03-08-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by delphin460@8 March 2004 - 09:26
Err isnt the whole point of this thread that HE DOES have a working virus checker, because it picked it up, and hes asking HOW TO REMOVE IT, therby stopping it being shared on the network, dumbass?

Now who&#39;s the retard. <_<

delphin460
03-08-2004, 01:12 PM
um no dumbarse , he has gone to symantec nd found the details on the virus he has , if he had a working a/v he WOULD not have got it in the first place

ignorance is no excuse, the reason this p2p is so *edit* up is still even in this day and age we have cowboys that either choose of prefer to ride bareback and take no precautions

security and protection is the responciblilty of every member of this p2p not just a few

if you choose to download and share on any p2p, and do not run a a/v up todate then you are a *edit*, full stop

i make no excuses for my flaming, and suggest that if you do then you are part of the problem.

get an antivirus checker or *edit*, dont like it bad luck

Project E-01
03-08-2004, 01:33 PM
Not all viruses are actually caught by the software with a 100% success rate you know? I&#39;ve had a couple slip by the guard before and get tagged a week later. :(

delphin460
03-08-2004, 01:47 PM
if you use the live update and subscribe to symantec web site , you get max 8 hours updates , anyone who waits for wednesdays to update is kidding them self

best bet subscribe to notification, it costs nothing and is quick

i do not presume to expect every a/v checker to catch every virus that is live but we all have a respocibility to do our best to keep it safe

avoid auto update------- update when u need to with live update

CornerPocket
03-08-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by delphin460@8 March 2004 - 02:26
If you cannot post constructively, I suggest you do not post at all&#33; <_<

DrSpud
03-08-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Project E&#045;01@8 March 2004 - 09:33
Not all viruses are actually caught by the software with a 100% success rate you know? I&#39;ve had a couple slip by the guard before and get tagged a week later. :(
You obviously haven&#39;t heard of NOD32 (http://www.nod32.com/news/awards.htm).

:P

krome
03-08-2004, 08:20 PM
always try to fight the virus, do alot of search on it, if the virus scanner gives out the name, do as the rest of the post said... and try not to open any more attachments and other files your not sure about running ... cracks and other exe files u may download alot, 98% of the time they infected , always beat the virus... unless you get infected with one of those boot sectors on bios virus like the WIN.CIH virus those you gotta reformat to factory you cant even backup anything.. or you still have the virus in floopy and cd... goodluck~ :01: :01:

peat moss
03-09-2004, 01:32 AM
And turn off that uesless System restore &#33; Before removing Virus. B)

Here&#39;s a site to explain a little better about live update and such.
http://www.msb.edu/training/virus/norton/

Chewie
03-09-2004, 02:07 AM
Heh, it would also be prudent to create another profile with admin priveleges and drop your normal one to a standard user.
That way you won&#39;t be able to fuck up system files. You&#39;ll have to log in to the admin profile to install anything, but it&#39;s a small price to pay.

Secret Squirrel
03-09-2004, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by delphin460@8 March 2004 - 13:47
if you use the live update and subscribe to symantec web site , you get max 8 hours updates , anyone who waits for wednesdays to update is kidding them self

best bet subscribe to notification, it costs nothing and is quick

i do not presume to expect every a/v checker to catch every virus that is live but we all have a respocibility to do our best to keep it safe

avoid auto update------- update when u need to with live update
delphin, according to your use of the english language i have to say that your about 8 year old who just heard the word "fuck" while your dad was shouting to your other dad to fuck him.

Now for all the other guys who posted replies, thx, i juss resolved problem thx ^_^

silent VI
03-09-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by krome@8 March 2004 - 20:20
goodluck~&nbsp; :01:&nbsp; :01:
:o ban him

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Secret Squirrel
03-10-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by delphin460@8 March 2004 - 13:12
um no dumbarse , he has gone to symantec nd found the details on the virus he has , if he had a working a/v he WOULD not have got it in the first place

ignorance is no excuse, the reason this p2p is so *edit* up is still even in this day and age we have cowboys that either choose of prefer to ride bareback and take no precautions

security and protection is the responciblilty of every member of this p2p not just a few

if you choose to download and share on any p2p, and do not run a a/v up todate then you are a *edit*, full stop

i make no excuses for my flaming, and suggest that if you do then you are part of the problem.

get an antivirus checker or *edit*, dont like it bad luck
Thou shalt not use the lord&#39;s name in vain

but GOD YOUR FUCKIN STUPID DUMASS, if you actually think ALL viruses were caught before they got into your computer, do you think that viruses would be such a big problem? DAMN MAN, your the kind of person that ruins good forums.

Damn dickhead. I bet you people think or call you an ASS in real life geez