PDA

View Full Version : Gonna Build A Pc For Cousin

Evil Gemini
03-08-2004, 02:35 PM
Im going to be building a PC for my cousin in a few day and i cant wait to get it up and running and to do a benchmark :rolleyes: :D

These are the parts and i have to say please dont go of at me for choosing this video card.

My cuzz said the other ones are to expensive and personally, i think it would do well for what he needs it for.

Im buying the parts from a stroe and not online

CPU: P4 2.8C 800Mhz FSB PRESCOTT 1mb cache
Mobo: ASUS P4P800 Deluxe S478
RAM : 2X 512MB DDR PC3200
HDD: Seagate 120GB 8MB Cache 7200
BURNER : LG 8X DVD BURNER +/-
GFX: Leadtek 128MB GeforceFX5200

I know alot of people have complained about this card but i havent seen anyone complain about the leadtek versions and plus, i have had a few leadteks and they are the best IMO

All up

AU$1162

Havent decided on a case yet.

Im very curious to see how it will run because i am an AMD fan but this thing might make me change my mind :lol:

Benchies as soon as i have this thing running :)

bigdawgfoxx
03-08-2004, 02:40 PM
The benches wont be very impressive...cuz of the crapy graphics card.

Also, the northwoods are better then that slow prescott...it runs alot hotter too and no improved performance really. The higher clock versions will be really good though.

The CPU should read 2.8E for the prescott version.

kaiweiler
03-08-2004, 02:46 PM
Yeah if you have any extra money at all, get a better gfx card! that gfx card is weakening that system a lot
if he's doing any gaming at all, change the card

Evil Gemini
03-08-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by kaiweiler@8 March 2004 - 15:46
Yeah if you have any extra money at all, get a better gfx card! that gfx card is weakening that system a lot
if he's doing any gaming at all, change the card
Nah man hes just gonna be running Maya and other 3d programs like that.

tesco
03-08-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Evil Gemini+8 March 2004 - 09:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Evil Gemini @ 8 March 2004 - 09:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kaiweiler@8 March 2004 - 15:46
Yeah if you have any extra money at all, get a better gfx card&#33; that gfx card is weakening that system a lot
if he&#39;s doing any gaming at all, change the card
Nah man hes just gonna be running Maya and other 3d programs like that. [/b][/quote]
i agree the 5200 should be fine for him if he doesnt play too many of the latest games.

the only thing my card hasnt been able to handle at a decent framerate are benchmarks <_<