PDA

View Full Version : Kazaa Lite Crashing Problems Solved

Magus
03-08-2003, 09:37 AM
I've been encountering a lot of crashing with the latest K-Lite and I've been reading the boards a bit and it seems like a few others have as well. Well, I've figured out the problem. The thing that's causing all the trouble is the built in "speedup" clone, "Kazap". You need to pause this guy if you're crashing a lot, I assume this would only happen if you're downloading and/or sharing a lot of files.

I tested my theory, I could only run the program for about 4 minutes then it would crash (Yes, I literally timed it) and with KaZap paused (or "turned off") it hasnt crashed since.

I havent tried using the original Speedup, anyone is willing to continue my research...I might get around to it tommorow, who knows.

Anyways, try it and tell me if it works and especially if it doesnt work for you.

Torpid_X
03-08-2003, 10:18 AM
My theory is, forgeting to stop autosearch, while previewing files or if you use the my Kazaa lite tab. I havn't had many crashes myself, but I think that's what is causing it when I do. I get pretty long delays befor kazaa responds to a click... after search has found thousands of sources and keeps looking. even stopping the search is a problem then.

kaZap is disabled if your not in traffic view.

Magus
03-08-2003, 10:22 AM
Good idea. I think we can basically say that the in-system features (KaZap and Auto Find More...) are causing some problems if we leave them on forever and/or with a lot of downloads.

I'm trying just plain Speedup and I'll have the results in about 4 minutes.

EDIT:

Results

Absolutely no crashes with Speedup. So the only victim can be Kazap. Whether "Auto Search More" and leaving it on and/or using it with a lot of downloads crashes your system as well, I do not know. If someone wants to test it out, go ahead; but I believe the only thing that's crashing Kazaa Lite is KaZap.

Solution: Never use KaZap. Put it on pause and use Speedup instead if you need to.

Torpid_X
03-08-2003, 10:47 AM
Not having any problems with KaZap myself, I have to disagree.

another possibility is not uninstalling Kazaa before updating. that might cause conflicts with Kazap. I remember one of the old napster updates having lot's of complaints by people who didn't uninstall the old version first.

that theory has to be tested by someone else because I uninstalled the old version first.

starship1st
03-08-2003, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the tip: I was just about to post my similar problem(s). I just turned off Kazaa Speedup and we will see what happens. My apoligies to anyone whose uploads from me was interupted as kazza crashed on my system.

Thanks Again!! :angry:

"The Avatar Man"
03-08-2003, 08:27 PM
I have NEVER had kazaa crash at all and I use kazap AND auto searchmore
but I never use the kazaa player so could maybe combining these features cause the problem :unsure:

OcramC
03-08-2003, 09:01 PM
or you could solve it by not using Kazaa Lite at all

"The Avatar Man"
03-09-2003, 01:33 AM
screw you man why are you going aruond these forums bashing kazaa lite if you don't like it leave.
does your daddy work for sherman or something?

Magus
03-09-2003, 04:27 PM
lol...

Kibbe
03-09-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Master YodaX@8 March 2003 - 21:27
I have NEVER had kazaa crash at all and I use kazap AND auto searchmore
but I never use the kazaa player so could maybe combining these features cause the problem :unsure:
I havnt got a crash either.

Only once when I previewed a film with Avi prewiew.
Wonder why it crashed then.

Fatal Error
03-09-2003, 06:31 PM
I'm using XP on a cable connection. I usually use Speed up in combination with ASM, I have KaZup disabled, and have very good results. I do find however that if I leave ASM running too long that it will disconnect me from the server..it is also very hard to stop, it countinues to search even after I hit the stop button. I havent had any crashes.

In regard to uninstalling previous versions before installing a newer one.. I think its always a good idea to start off "clean." Especially if you are upgrading from the "original" Kazaa.. you certainly dont want any of that crap in your new version of k-lite ! :D :D

MaxAndig
03-09-2003, 07:45 PM
I have never experienced that Kazap crashed my Kazaa Lite in any combination with autosearchmore! But I have to admit I never installed SpeedUp in Kazaa Lite.

qwert
03-11-2003, 02:57 PM
hello,

I have also experienced a lot of crashes with k-lite and by the way, it started after previewing films with Avi prewiew. The CPU usage goes to 100% and ... crash. There is another discussion about it at the forum under the title "problems/ crashes for no reason" posted originally by supesman.

:D

vegeta
03-11-2003, 03:07 PM
:lol: i used to have a lots of crash in kazaa but not in kazaa lite :P :D

t3miami
03-14-2003, 05:15 AM
I just recently installed the lastest version of klite which includes
KaZap and found it crashed constantly unless I paused KaZap.
Unfortunately, if you use the preview function, when you return to
traffic, KaZap is restored and you have about 2 seconds to pause it
again or crash. It is also irritating to have to pause it everytime you
start kazaa

But you can get rid of it permanently

Go to options, then more options, select "other cd_clints",
in the box it should list the path and file "kazap.dll", highlight and
click delete, the next time you start klite KaZap is gone. You can
always reverse this and restore if you every want to.
I haven't crashed once since removing it