PDA

View Full Version : Spyware Discussion

sharedholder
03-11-2004, 12:17 AM
Ok, i'm begin to be really nervous and upsad about ad-aware/spyware removal programs : the very know Lavasoft Ad-aware doesn't detect a shit, SpywareSweeper from Webroot seems to be a toy not a program and is very slow, Pest Patrol its a very strange program from a very strange company ( i don't trust them ) , SpyBot seems to be the best until know but still need development.So my questions : Why not all the software houses don't have all the updates ? :huh: Why what SpyBot detect Ad-aware don't ? or viceversa ?? :frusty: Wtf is wrong ? seems to be a worldwide conspiracy :lol: :lol:

zapjb
03-11-2004, 12:32 AM
Those opinions about those products pretty much mirror my own SH.

This is what I do. I use a layered protection scheme. I use little programs that do specific things. Not bulky programs that try to do everything.

Avast!4 home AV, Sygate personal firewall, SpywareBlaster, RegistryProt 2.0 & ScripTrap. These little free programs stop virtually everything.

And xp-AntiSpy, SpyBot S&D and Adaware6, (also all freeware) to 1st get rid of that M$ crap & the last two to check I'm free of spy/adware.

You could substitute your own AV & PF (although I believe Sygate is the best). And substitute scriptdefender for scriptrap. Other than that I believe the others are essential. That combined with common sense. :)

peat moss
03-11-2004, 03:02 AM
I guess if I wasn't so intent on getting free or cracked programs I would demand more from a proggey I paid for. :lol:

I do use and recomend Spybot tho.

shn
03-11-2004, 03:11 AM
On windows the only thing I use is spybot. I refuse to force-feed my pc with unecessary programs that really are just a waste of memory and cpu.

delphin460
03-11-2004, 03:14 AM
as well as spybot i use spyware guard, its like auto protect against spyware, its stops it b4 it gets into your pc, and also protects against bho's ( bho is when a web page or program tries to change your IE home page ect)

h1
03-11-2004, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by sharedholder@10 March 2004 - 19:17
Why not all the software houses don't have all the updates ? :huh: Why what SpyBot detect Ad-aware don't ? or viceversa ?? :frusty: Wtf is wrong ? seems to be a worldwide conspiracy :lol: :lol:
Because that would be antitrust. ;)

sharedholder
03-11-2004, 01:29 PM
Ok, i have enough of spyware removal progs. i will make a experiment . a month i will not use a spyware removal program to see what's happened. :D Wish me luck. :lol: