PDA

View Full Version : What Software Can I Get To Use My

shamoneMF
03-11-2004, 03:17 AM
Hello

Yes just curious what software I can get so I could use speakers as the hearing end and a mic OR sounds played on the computer for talking.

Help would be superb for this

Also is recording software available for calls made in this way?>

thanks in advance :)

peat moss
03-11-2004, 04:26 AM
Msn or yahoo would work. I think or trillian

Cygnuz-Y
03-11-2004, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by peat moss@11 March 2004 - 04:26
Msn or yahoo would work. I think or trillian
What about USING the phone line...

shn
03-11-2004, 04:46 AM
Chat applications can not substitute phone calls. The other person has to be chatting or online as well.

What you are talking about was free but it is no more. However, it's 10 times cheaper than calling someone long distance and all the other person needs is a phone and not a pc and/or chat client.

Sooner or latter people will be dropping their long distance carriers and using it.

Net2Phone (http://web.net2phone.com/consumer/commcenter/) Yes it cost.

Yahoo or any other chat client would probably do the job, but not everyone uses chat or instant messaging................like my grandma when I need to talk to her and save myself some money. She does not even have a computer. :)

shamoneMF
03-11-2004, 04:50 AM
I appreciate all your replys but what im after is to use my actual PHOnE line as normal but using my modem as the dial up phone (using headphones and mic) so I can record calls and/or play sound effects on the call

thanks a million for all your help so far

shn
03-11-2004, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by shamoneMF@10 March 2004 - 22:50
I appreciate all your replys but what im after is to use my actual PHOnE line as normal but using my modem as the dial up phone (using headphones and mic) so I can record calls and/or play sound effects on the call

thanks a million for all your help so far
What are you going to dial into besides an isp?

You can dial a regular number with your modem but all they will hear is a screeching noice on the other end.

I do not think it will work, but I could be wrong.

vivitron 15
03-11-2004, 09:46 PM
well how do the call centres work? and companies who use a pc based system to route calls? i worked for a company where on the reception, the girl had to press '+' in order to answer a call.

Surely it must be somehow poss?

shn
03-11-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by vivitron 15@11 March 2004 - 15:46
well how do the call centres work? and companies who use a pc based system to route calls? i worked for a company where on the reception, the girl had to press '+' in order to answer a call.

Equipment (http://store.net2phone.com/products.asp?page=corporate_products)

Corporate systems are way more advanced than that though.

LSA
03-11-2004, 11:47 PM
When I did prank calls I used Modem Spy (http://www.modemspy.com/en/index.php)

Unique features

* Automatically record telephone conversations
    * Record messages from microphone like Dictaphone
    * Voice Activated Recording option available.
    * Playback recorded messages via phone line or computer speakers
    * Record ALL phone calls automatically
    * Built-in automatic gain control software
    * One click Email sending with attached record.
    * Detect and log Caller ID
    * Friendly program interface allows to make quick note to remember call contents
    * Convenient Caller ID popup window
    * Access your records over Local Area Network (LAN)
    * Optional caller ID pop up window on all computers connected to LAN
    * Optional remote party notification before recording. It is required by law in some countries.
    * There is Super Spy option for stealth recording.
    * Optional answering machine mode.
    * Recording from data modem is possible (you will need to physically connect your modem and sound card).
    * Convert your records to any voice format! (MP3, WAV, etc)
    * Program size is only 240 KB. Compare that to the footprint of other multi-megabyte software!

Ahh the good old days...

I once pranked AOL, using an arnold soundboard :lol: or maybe it was a Al pacino

----

For making calls from your modem, I think i used something called Callcenter or something like that its been a while so I am not sure, but it worked ok I think, if I remember it i'll tell you

EDIT: Advanced Call Center (http://www.voicecallcentral.com/advancedcallcenter.htm)

Dial-out Capabilities

* Ability to place calls using the modem dial-out features
    * Tone and pulse dialing
    * Auditioning the outgoing calls made using the program

junkyardking
03-12-2004, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by vivitron 15@11 March 2004 - 21:46

It's called VOIP(Voice over Internet Protocol) It allows you to use your broadband internet connection to phone other people, but you have to sign up to a company usally ISP offer it, basiclly it sends your voice communications over the internet and reconnects some where else back to the phone network.

In the not to distant future the phone networks will be totally replaced with Voip, in the past it was only for business but in Australia most of the home trials are at an end, it's about to go mainstream now...

Basiclly you get very cheap/free phone calls, one of the benefits of it is that your phone number/s have total portability which allows you to take the number anywhere in the world...

To connect you use a $30 adaptor(Cisco ATA 186)....