PDA

View Full Version : Help With Bs Player

bilko
03-11-2004, 09:59 AM
yes i know, wrong section, i posted this in codec part but no one seems to wanna go there to answer so i'll try here as the file im trying to play was d/l via bt

can someone help?
i have the brutus copy of lotr return of the king (bittorrent), the sound is so low on windows medi player and i hate the sound i get out of vlan (pops and hisses along with the low volume), i tried BSplayer, the sound seemed good but i have no picture, this has happended with a couple of films, they are in avi format, the viewer screen does pop up but its black with a few strange coloured lines running across it?

anyone come across this before, how do i solve it, anyone else find the sound terrible on this copy

im not sure how this works, i have the kazaa codec set, i used the g spot thing, it said i had all the right stuf to play it, i have winamp set as my defult player i think, i tried dragging the file into other apps like media player/divx/BSplayer and got bad results, i the just used winamp and it all seemed to work ok with good sound (though i still get back ground noise, has anyone else got this copy? how can i loss the back ground noise its kinda electronic constant high pitched hum and kinda splutters from time to time?

im not sure how this g spot thing works, i does tell me that i have the codecs in place to play a file - great, but arent they connected with different apps, how do these codecs come together to play a single file in a single app? how does this work guys?

nahan
03-11-2004, 11:56 AM
1. Uninstall bs player
2.Download or buy and install power dvd.
3.The brutus copy sucks ,sorry but you wasted your time and bandwidth.
I would watch it but wouldnt bother keeping it.

bilko
03-11-2004, 12:24 PM
cheers dude, with big films i think i'll go with the dvdr section

the mask
03-11-2004, 08:05 PM
you can also try video fixer, i have sometimes had corrupted movies and g-spot seems to think they are ok, but they aint! i got video fixer from overnet. just to add i use videolan for 99% of my movie viewing, i have tried loads of other media players but found v/l to be the best because it also has easy access to change the brightness/ contrast etc

abu_has_the_power
03-12-2004, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by nahan@11 March 2004 - 06:56
1. Uninstall bs player
2.Download or buy and install power dvd.
3.The brutus copy sucks ,sorry but you wasted your time and bandwidth.
I would watch it but wouldnt bother keeping it.
not it's awesome dude!! ur pissed cuz the frames skip sometimes rite? u need the latest xvid codec. the klitecodecpack doesn't have it. go on vcdquality and find the forum thread about the brutus rip. theres a post there with a website to get the xvid codec u need. it works perfectly with mine. the only prob i ahve is that the codec doesn't work with bs player and vlc, so i have to use wmp to watch the movie. no complaints

accat13
03-12-2004, 01:29 AM
ahh svcd releases are so much nicer no codec issues ..plays in most stand alones..no bad frames just pure pleasure...why do you think all the big groups release in svcd format as the norm B)

Smith
03-12-2004, 01:51 AM
isnt the bs player spyware from morpheus?