PDA

View Full Version : Longhorn Installation Problem

SingaBoiy
03-12-2004, 05:00 PM
I just got it off of Nova and it will install fine when im still in Windows, but when it restarts after it finishes and tries to start Longhorn, I get this error after the Windows Longhorn logo screen. Its a blue screen that says:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you have seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options suck as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical informations:
***STOP: 0x00000050(0x840000, 0x00000000, 0x804E75E8, 0x000)

Begining dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.

Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

4play
03-12-2004, 05:38 PM
longhorn is still in alpha so dont expect it to even run properly at this stage. hell dont expect it to run when its finally released.

that is the old blue screen of death. its probably hardware related so try without any usb devices you have they normally cause alot of problems. by the way their is a debugger running (its for testing) on these version of windows so expect shit performance and massive memory usage. i would stay well clear for a long time.

SingaBoiy
03-12-2004, 05:40 PM
ok, ill try unpluggin everything. I just wanted to test it out and all. Has anyone tested out the Windows XP Media Center Edition? I got that and wanna try it out too.

accat13
03-12-2004, 05:44 PM
well maybe you should submit this error to microsoft and see if they can help..couldn't help myself lol guess thats why its a beta ...seriously though my laptop didn't like it as well. Seemed like it was caught in a loop identifying hardware..and it seemed to turn my fan off in the laptop ..the damn thing got real hot..Its seems really funny i installed 4015 months ago with no problems (really a fast install as well i was impressed).This new version just didn't want togo anywhere ..I just wanted to see if there were many changes over the months..oops just found out its in alpha stage not a beta until aug 2005

MeDieViL
03-12-2004, 07:12 PM
4053 is out with a lot off fixes, try it

ajizul
03-16-2004, 08:30 PM
i got it 4051 works fine and crack it cool program if you dont now wot 2 do dont tuch that 4051 lolololool :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: go to

sharedholder
03-16-2004, 08:38 PM
Longhorn still alpha <_< <_<

atiVidia
03-16-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by SingaBoiy@12 March 2004 - 12:40
ok, ill try unpluggin everything. I just wanted to test it out and all. Has anyone tested out the Windows XP Media Center Edition? I got that and wanna try it out too.
u have wmce on cd? its not supposed to be avail. to consumers. whered u get it from? can u gimme a hash, [torrent files are not allowed], or something else thru PM?

lh 4329 is out, but rare... and yes the debuggers are annoying which is why you should DISABLE THEM&#33;&#33;&#33;

Izagaia
03-17-2004, 01:26 AM
You did not really expect to have an OS, that is still in development, totally free of flaws, now did you? Much less one that you can find for less than two greenbacks in Asian bootleg markets. :)

At this point, IMO, Longhorn is a novelty with no real applications for everyday or practical use. It is like installing a movie player into your 5.1 surround sound home theater system that plays "beta". Good luck finding anything to accompany it.

If you are truely a windows or longhorn enthusiast, then install the OS in a VM environment. Someplace that will not fuck around with your system too badly. Or on an old PC that you could not give two-rat shits about when it crashes, IMO. ;)

tesco
03-17-2004, 04:38 AM
how much ram do you have? You might be running out of free RAM so the OS wont boot. btw, longhorn was a disapointment to me, i couldnt get an internet connection on it :( i had 4051. might try 4053 some day, or whatever the next build is.

MeDieViL
03-21-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by atiVidia+16 March 2004 - 21:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (atiVidia @ 16 March 2004 - 21:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SingaBoiy@12 March 2004 - 12:40
u have wmce on cd? its not supposed to be avail. to consumers. whered u get it from? can u gimme a hash, [torrent files are not allowed], or something else thru PM?

lh 4329 is out, but rare... and yes the debuggers are annoying which is why you should DISABLE THEM&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
there is no 4329 <_<

4th gen
03-21-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by accat13@12 March 2004 - 16:44
well maybe you should submit this error to microsoft
erm... :helpsmile: