PDA

View Full Version : Dvd Authoring

lightshow
03-12-2004, 10:07 PM
I've been messing around with some Dvd Authoriting Programs and they just don't do what I want them to.

I have my entire movie finished and I just want to put a menu and such on it. I've tried these programs:

EzProducer 2
Intervideo WinDvd Creator 2
DvdIt PE

The problem with these is that they all have pre-defined buttons. I want to be able to create my own buttons and import them into the program. Anyone know of a good authoriting program that does this?

Please only answer if you have personal experience with the program, descriptions on the makers website are often too vague.

Samurai
03-12-2004, 10:34 PM
ReAuthorist

ReAuthorist is the new name for doItFaster4Me and is designed to take the effort out of CCE/Scenarist projects. It combines the functionality of several tools that are currently needed into one neat package, and adds a whole raft of new features that are available nowhere else. It's come on a very long way since the early alpha that was released in January. It still has some more to go before I am ready to release it, but the basic functionality is now there.

Following a rip from DoItFast4U, ReAuthorist performs all of the manual steps that you'd normally undertake to put all the pieces back together again. Not only this, but the first public release will see an interactive interface to let you adjust the amount of compression to use on your different VTSs, showing you in real time what your new DVD size will be - kiss goodbye to your bitrate heartaches! In addition, it will also let you choose which audio and subpicture streams to keep, tracking your new DVD size as it goes.

Link (http://www.dvdr-digest.com/software/reauthorist.html)

Samurai
03-12-2004, 10:37 PM
Scenarist NT

Scenarist NT is a professional level DVD authoring program and it's price is professional as well: Roughly $39'000. Clearly, you don't get a demo version of such a program. Scenarist is now being distributed by Sonic, the maker of DVDit. You may get a demonstration of the program at a Sonic Reseller.

As you know my goal for miniDVD always was to create the perfect imitation of "The Matrix". In order to achieve this goal I tried out several DVD authoring tools, which all were in some way limited and did not allow the sophisticated operations necessary to create good-looking animated menus.

Scenarist NT is a tool commonly used by Hollywood studios to create their DVDs and it's THE program for DVD authoring. It's probably needless to say that since it incorporates the full range of the DVD specs it's really hard to master. So if you're serious about DVD authoring then read on, otherwise there's plenty of other DVD authoring programs which allow you to make more or less sophisticated DVDs with less effort.

Link (http://www.sonic.com/)

lightshow
03-12-2004, 11:21 PM
Thanks a lot Samurai, I'll look into those two. :D