4.Used Evidence Erasers

5. Erased all LOG files from Norton

AND
THEN
AND
ONLY THEN
DID I OPEN
A NEW EMAIL
(-new name+adress-at box.ms)(free email-that must be it....................??)( i dont dare to use outlook)

and

as a TEST for a week
after
i enter my Email
i scan the system for spy\evidence\cleaned logs

And.............

Guess WHAT????

FOUR Juicy Viral Spam attachments waiting gloriously to take me up the ...
+5 other spams (and growing - fkrs)

How Is It Possible?

I thought i covered it ALLLLL.....

What oh What have i missed?

There has to be something simpler and more efficient than this....

This is Ridiculous

Advice Needed Badly

?

*disconnects the modem*

h1
03-13-2004, 08:37 PM
:huh: Come again?

Mullyman
03-13-2004, 08:52 PM
Give this a try...it lets you preview your mail before you open it....you can also bounce mail back to the sender and blacklist it...this is the free version..which is only good for one e-mail account...the pro version lets you have multiple accounts B)

http://www.mailwasher.net/download.php

Project E-01
03-13-2004, 11:48 PM
I just use Postmaster (.co.uk)

Haven't had any spam since i openend the account. It uses an IP filter on incoming mails, and blocks any from residential IP numbers (where most spam originates).

Other than that, simply dont use the email address on anything that displays it on a page or includes it in an url - it doesnt have to be your machine they're getting it from. Could just as easily be reading it from an intermediaries cache.

(E.G, you send email addy to some site to register, when you sign on to that site it includes your email addy in the url, for example, ****://www.laurasmidiheaven.com/Original/cgi/registermidi.cgi?ID=1072802626&password=**********&email=*******@postmaster.co.uk&aid=54. Any of the servers your signal went through could have logged that request, and the email addy could be extracted from the log. Ya, its a lot of trouble, but these people just farm the addies with bots anyway. S'not like they care...)

(note, thats an old example. they updated the login system quite a while back, but it does show how they might get your addy.)

Oh, ive heard that some also generate addresses randomly. If they dont get it bounced, they can assume the address is real. ^-^

100%
03-14-2004, 11:04 AM
Thanx Project E-01 & Mullyman
checking out your solutions
cheers

Keikan
03-14-2004, 11:44 AM
i heard that spybot s & d has spyware but just what I heard

liquidacid
03-14-2004, 05:29 PM
You seem to be confusing email worms and viri with spyware. There is nothing you can do to avoid receiving such hostile email attachements, other than previewing the at server as suggested, as it is up to the sender to get their act together.

Not too much to worry about really as long as you: -

1) Don't use Outlook/Outlook Express.
2) Don't open suspicious email attachments.

On the subject of spam.

1) Don't use hotmail. (I recommend http://www.fastmail.fm/ )
2) Use a longer email address than, say for example, [email protected].
3) Keep your main email address private, use a web account to sign up for internet accounts etc.
4) Tell all of your friends and family that if they send you e-cards, you will never speak to them again.

SingaBoiy
03-14-2004, 05:42 PM
I had just put xp on my pc and i left it alone for not even 5 min w/o going on the internet or anything and I was gettin pop-ups and shit. I ran ad-aware and i discovered like 5 just from going to there website.

LSA
03-14-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Mullyman+13 March 2004 - 14:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mullyman &#064; 13 March 2004 - 14:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Give this a try...it lets you preview your mail before you open it....you can also bounce mail back to the sender and blacklist it...this is the free version..which is only good for one e-mail account...the pro version lets you have multiple accounts B)

http://www.mailwasher.net/download.php[/b]
Great program http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/thmbup.gif

-------------------

I don&#39;t know what you guys are doing on the internet, but I never get spamed, except for the newsletters my friend signed me up for <_<

I haven&#39;t seen a popup in years :)

-------------------

<!--QuoteBegin-Keikan
i heard that spybot s & d has spyware but just what I heard[/quote]

Righhhtttt........:rolleyes: