PDA

View Full Version : Downloading Tv Shows?

j4y3m
03-14-2004, 10:33 AM
Tey show them on TV for free so is it less illegal to download them for free? I mean there's a thing called a TV licence but I don't have one. :lol:

json55
03-14-2004, 10:37 AM
hell yah its legal but anime fan sub illegal

Adster
03-14-2004, 10:50 AM
There own stupid fault for no airing TV shows in the whole world at the same time fucked if I'm waiting 1 year for the season 5 Sopranos

of course if it was shown here id watch it

and yes it is illegal

its even illegal to tape onto a VHS

json55
03-14-2004, 10:58 AM
yup sopranos the best man i like it
hey we are they same avatar homer lol

ahctlucabbuS
03-14-2004, 04:54 PM
Yea Iīd say itīs illegal. Itīs all about ratings to get companies to advertise, which again equals money. So when people download the shows instead of watching it on tv along with the ads the networks lose money.

vivitron 15
03-14-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Adster@14 March 2004 - 10:50

as long as only one person watches it only once, and you dont watch it whilst its on, then i believe its ok :D

edit: and i still watch Friends when its on TV, just i hate to wait till you damned americans have finished with it, so C4 still get my ratings

Storm
03-14-2004, 07:44 PM
there arent diffrent degrees of illegallity........... there is only a difference in the possible punishment............

and downloading shows is illegal......... the person who makes its owns the rights to the show, the tv station pays to broadcast it under licence.......

you dont have the licence, so you cant download it..... youll have to wait till its on DVD/VHS.....

you're still stealing, and for a larger value that a music track............

though some stuff like news shows you might be allowed to download them (depends on the country, and the type of news show)

ahctlucabbuS
03-15-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Storm@14 March 2004 - 20:44
there arent diffrent degrees of illegallity........... there is only a difference in the possible punishment............

and downloading shows is illegal......... the person who makes its owns the rights to the show, the tv station pays to broadcast it under licence.......

you dont have the licence, so you cant download it..... youll have to wait till its on DVD/VHS.....

you're still stealing, and for a larger value that a music track............

though some stuff like news shows you might be allowed to download them (depends on the country, and the type of news show)
True, but who here cares anyhow? :P

I guess you could say itīs far less likely to cause you any punishment than downloading music, atleast for now.

j4y3m
03-15-2004, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Adster@14 March 2004 - 10:50
There own stupid fault for no airing TV shows in the whole world at the same time fucked if I'm waiting 1 year for the season 5 Sopranos

of course if it was shown here id watch it

and yes it is illegal

Yeh true... though the only shows I download are the simpsons and friends. :P