PDA

View Full Version : Should I Get An X-box Or A Gamecube?



Bebi
03-14-2004, 02:55 PM
I have enough money to buy 1 of them but I dont know which to get, :)

Peerzy
03-14-2004, 03:09 PM
X Box

I prususe you have a PC because you have the internet and you posted here so why do you need another one? Most of the games get ported to PC and then just download them.

Gamecube

Doesn't have loads of games, but most of them are very good. Where as PS2 tries to throw as many games out as possible no matter the quality gamecubes releases and quite far apart but they are allways good games.

Conclusion

X Box if your pc won't play any new games,
Gamecube if your pc will,

Although to be honest i have a gamecube and although i do play it alot i would invest in a state of the art pc.

Illuminati
03-14-2004, 03:13 PM
X-Box has Project Gotham Racing 2, Halo: Combat Evolved and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

GameCube has Zelda: Wind Waker, Mario Kart: Double Dash, Metroid Prime and Resident Evil

Both have Soul Calibur 2.

4th gen
03-14-2004, 03:15 PM
PS2 :)

Mad Cat
03-14-2004, 04:28 PM
Xbox :D

You can softmod them (nice guide above).

You'll be hard pressed pirating GCN games, since they are made on minidisc type things :wacko:

SingaBoiy
03-14-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Mad Cat@14 March 2004 - 07:28
Xbox :D

You can softmod them (nice guide above).

You'll be hard pressed pirating GCN games, since they are made on minidisc type things :wacko:
I'd go xbox all the way. Then soft-mod it and downoad all the games you want, burn them and save them to your hdd (which GC doesnt have :P ) then play all the games without paying one dime to Micro$oft

Bebi
03-14-2004, 05:29 PM
I really want to play Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance to be honest ;) both consoles have it

dinner123
03-14-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Bebi@14 March 2004 - 16:29
I really want to play Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance to be honest ;) both consoles have it
If you want to play the new Mortal Kombat,you will need an Xbox.The Gamecube version has been canned.

Peerzy
03-14-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Illuminati@14 March 2004 - 15:13
X-Box has Project Gotham Racing 2, Halo: Combat Evolved and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

GameCube has Zelda: Wind Waker, Mario Kart: Double Dash, Metroid Prime and Resident Evil

Both have Soul Calibur 2.
X BOX
HALO - out for PC
KOTOR - Out for PC

Gamcube

Zelda Wind waker - GTC only
Mario Kart - GC only
Metriod prime - GC only
F ZERO -gc only
Resident evil 1 - GC only
1080 -gc only

Samurai
03-14-2004, 06:18 PM
Personally I'd upgrade PC componants. Do you have a DVD Rewriter? Could you do with a better graphics card? How about a bigger hard drive? I'd think long and hard before you make a decision.

If you pushed me, I'd say the X-Box. But look... the processor is the same as it was when it was released. I can't think what it is right now, 600MHz? 800? Whatever it is it'll stay the same and become obselete within a year. The next-gen consoles to be released will have nuclear powered clit vibrators and penis enlargers so if you really want to waste ya cash, go for it.

Nightwolf
03-14-2004, 06:35 PM
You might as well wait for Xbox 2 at this point. Gamecube is a great value for the price, and the few good exclusive games should hold you over till then.

Mad Cat
03-14-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Nightwolf@14 March 2004 - 18:35
You might as well wait for Xbox 2 at this point. Gamecube is a great value for the price, and the few good exclusive games should hold you over till then.
I heard Xbox 2 was '05-'06.

Cygnuz-Y
03-14-2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Samurai@14 March 2004 - 18:18
Personally I'd upgrade PC componants. Do you have a DVD Rewriter? Could you do with a better graphics card? How about a bigger hard drive? I'd think long and hard before you make a decision.

If you pushed me, I'd say the X-Box. But look... the processor is the same as it was when it was released. I can't think what it is right now, 600MHz? 800? Whatever it is it'll stay the same and become obselete within a year. The next-gen consoles to be released will have nuclear powered clit vibrators and penis enlargers so if you really want to waste ya cash, go for it.
i agree with this guy, if you buy a GC or an XBOX right now, you are going to dump it in a year or 2, if you upgrade your PC you can keep playing games and everything for a long time...

you can get a nice graphix card, hook it up in your TV and play almost all XBOX games cuz they are released for PC too.

I will buy a gamecube just to play one of the many GC only titles like the ones that peerzy said...

pc-gamer-dude
03-14-2004, 09:54 PM
if you are going to get a console, get the gamecube. all the xbox games are pretty much on the pc. and gamecube is actually a really good console even tho so many ppl diss it. if it was my choice id definitaly go with the gamecube.

Smith
03-14-2004, 09:55 PM
gamecube has mostly kiddie games, which r still entertaining but still.

i would pic x-box.

although if u want to play online, ps2 is the way to go.

x-box online costs money, and ps2 online dosnt.

DWells55
03-14-2004, 10:01 PM
If you're going to buy one of them, definetly go for an XBox. I own all 3 next-gen consoles (and a Dreamcast) and I can confidently say XBox is the best of them. XBox has the best support for online play, a built in hard drive for game patches, fixes, new maps, new characters, new levels, and lots more. XBox also has more games for mature gamers, such as Halo and Halo 2, Fable, HItman 2, etc. It has the best controller of all the consoles and supports full Dolby Digital 5.1 in 95% of the games (in 007: Everything or Nothing, the 5.1 truly completes the cinematic feel. A fire burns behind you, you hear it in the back speakers. As you spin around, it smoothly transfers from both back speakers to the back right, front right, and then both front speakers). If you can only choose one, definetly XBox. However, maybe you should buy both used for the price of a new XBox. You can get a used GameCube for about $50 and an EB Games or Funcoland or eBay.

Twist3r
03-14-2004, 10:29 PM
i would say xbox because of the awsome online play, and killer graphix

seiya_33
03-14-2004, 11:27 PM
if i have to choose between gamecube and xbox , id pick xbox , but it would be better if ya got psx2 or stuck with your pc for some time , psx2 is the best out of the four , but i still get better play out of my pc.

j4y3m
03-14-2004, 11:42 PM
I'm getting an Xbox on the 19th... I got my GameCube month ago PS2 is still my favourite but I've had loads of fun playing Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, Metroid Prime, Zelda and Mario Sunshine... If I get more games for my cube it would b a serious contender for the PS2. You should get a GameCube... It's cheaper and with the money left over you could buu a couple of games.

namzuf9
03-15-2004, 02:49 AM
I'd agree with DWells55 and buy both used.
I recently bought a used xbox for 80 and the "softmodded" it (like a mod-chip but you dont have to open the box or solder anything and its totally free :) )
After modding the box you can:

Upgrade the stock 8/10 gig hard drive for more storage.
Copy games to your hard drive using "DVD2XBOX" and run them without the disk.
Play Divx, XviD, SVCD, VCD, OGM, Ogg, MP3, Jpg using Xbox Media Center (XBMC)
Play any region DVDs without buying the remote kit using DVD-X v2.0.
Run emulators for GB/GBC/GBA, NES, SNES, N64, Sega Master System, Megadrive/Genesis, PS1, MAME, NeoGeo, Atari ST, Commodore 64, Sinclair Spectrum.
Play online without Xbox Live using tunneling software such as XBConnect or Xlink. (handy if you lose the original game and cant play on live)
Surf the net with Linkboks. (quite new and limited, no keyboard or mouse support. Cannot run flash or java. Its still being worked on and maybe we will see it implemented.)
Run linux.


If you were thinking of softmodding then I would recommend buying a used xbox as some of the newer ones are harder to do.