PDA

View Full Version : The Best Way To Avoid Spam

NeoTheOne
03-14-2004, 04:49 PM
Ok! this is the best way to avoid spam i have tried it on my skool computers and my freinds computers and it works this is wat you do

1) create a new email accouint with the most uniqe name possible like [email protected] or [email protected]

2)be sure to save it or write it down on your notepad and stuff and open msn messenger and save it there

3)tell all your freinds that this is ur new hotmail addy

4) only give your addy to stuff like forums that u trust and big time websites like amazon and microsoft (of course) and dont give it to dumb small sites

5) look at ur inbox for a week no spam will come because the people sending spam cant figure out your uniqe email addu

----------------------HOPE THIS HELPS-----------------

vivitron 15
03-14-2004, 05:42 PM
if you have ISP email, and can use any name you like e.g. [email protected] then when you use the email addy to buy anything etc, then use the company from whom you are buying as your email:

[email protected]
[email protected]

this way, if you do get spam, you will know who gave out the address, and you can report them as sending out spam - as it is now illegal to do so - also you can block emails to that name from entering the inbox

LSA
03-14-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by vivitron 15@14 March 2004 - 11:42
if you have ISP email, and can use any name you like e.g. [email protected] then when you use the email addy to buy anything etc, then use the company from whom you are buying as your email:

[email protected]
[email protected]

this way, if you do get spam, you will know who gave out the address, and you can report them as sending out spam - as it is now illegal to do so - also you can block emails to that name from entering the inbox
Clever http://www.mcbriens.net/liam/img/smilies/thmbup.gif

Storm
03-14-2004, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by neotheone@14 March 2004 - 17:49
4) only give your addy to stuff like forums that u trust and big time websites like amazon and microsoft (of course) and dont give it to dumb small sites
carefull with thatone, as it can easily be ripped of a forum........... make sure your email adress is always invisible to the forum viewers......

and if you need a email adress to receive a signup mail, use mailinator (http://www.mailinator.com)

Benno
03-14-2004, 07:35 PM
http://www.spamgourmet.com one of the best homepages on the net

DWk
03-14-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by neotheone@14 March 2004 - 09:49
Ok! this is the best way to avoid spam i have tried it on my skool computers and my freinds computers and it works this is wat you do

1) create a new email accouint with the most uniqe name possible like [email protected] or [email protected]

2)be sure to save it or write it down on your notepad and stuff and open msn messenger and save it there

3)tell all your freinds that this is ur new hotmail addy

5) look at ur inbox for a week no spam will come because the people sending spam cant figure out your uniqe email addu

----------------------HOPE THIS HELPS-----------------
Most of my friend's emails is spam. The real email I use is only know to the people I work with (and to "certain" friends).