PDA

View Full Version : Mounting Dvd .img File

abu_has_the_power
03-15-2004, 04:40 AM
i'm dling rotk the 2dvd image (8 gig motha fucka), and i don't have a dvd burner. can i just mount the 2 .img files with alcohol or something? cuz the virtual drives that alcohol sets up are dvd-rom drives.

i'm 1/5 done, and i don't wanna waste bandwidth if i can't watch this thing

another thing, if it does work, and i'm trying to get to the dvd's menu and options and subs and stuff, what software do i need? cuz wmp and bsplayer and all those others only play files. what prog do i need to be able to see the menu and select the subs and shit like that? is it like windvd or something?

tesco
03-15-2004, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@14 March 2004 - 23:40
i'm dling rotk the 2dvd image (8 gig motha fucka), and i don't have a dvd burner. can i just mount the 2 .img files with alcohol or something? cuz the virtual drives that alcohol sets up are dvd-rom drives.

i'm 1/5 done, and i don't wanna waste bandwidth if i can't watch this thing

another thing, if it does work, and i'm trying to get to the dvd's menu and options and subs and stuff, what software do i need? cuz wmp and bsplayer and all those others only play files. what prog do i need to be able to see the menu and select the subs and shit like that? is it like windvd or something?
i think alcohol will work, another one is daemontools. works great, havent tried with dvd images but i know it can play them.

to play it you need DVD decoder software, download the klite codec pack it has a few, and after downloading that and installing the MPEG2 codec, you can play in windows media player. or just download windvd or something. i use NVDVD but it might be for nvidia cards only.

muchspl2
03-15-2004, 04:48 AM
i know daemon tools can mont it, pretty sure alcohol 120% can also
videolan can play dvd's, it can do anything :01:

VLC - the cross-platform media player and streaming server
VLC (initially VideoLAN Client) is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, mp3, ogg, ...) as well as DVDs

abu_has_the_power
03-15-2004, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by muchspl2@14 March 2004 - 23:48
videolan can play dvd's, it can do anything :01:

VLC (initially VideoLAN Client) is a highly portable multimedia player for various audio and video formats (MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, mp3, ogg, ...) as well as DVDs

i know it can play dvds. but what i'm looking for is to display the menu, and let u select and stuff, just like if u poped a dvd into a dvd player and used the remote to select stuff. cuz i'm getting the one with chinese subs for my friend (refer to my posts in movieworld) and i need to be able to get those subs up somehow

abu_has_the_power
03-15-2004, 04:58 AM
ok. it looks like wmp plays dvds and it shows the menu. wow! i didn't know that! u can even select the stuff with ur mouse! ooooooo

ok

thanks guys

muchspl2
03-15-2004, 04:58 AM
who said it doesn't have a menu http://members.cox.net/dodger1954/slap.gif

delphin460
03-15-2004, 05:00 AM
if you install powerdvd, and have the image mounted, and open the image with powerdvd it will work exactly like a dvd in every way

abu_has_the_power
03-15-2004, 05:43 AM
thanks. i just need some reassurance b4 i spend 80 hrs dling this piece of carp

h1
03-15-2004, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@15 March 2004 - 00:43
piece of carp
Tasty. I prefer salmon though. :)

ck-uk
03-15-2004, 07:24 AM
Yea abu powerdvd works atreat

by far the best for watching dvds. :)

abu_has_the_power
03-15-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by ck-uk@15 March 2004 - 02:24
Yea abu powerdvd works atreat

by far the best for watching dvds. :)
thanks. i'lll get that

tesco
03-15-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+14 March 2004 - 23:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power &#064; 14 March 2004 - 23:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-muchspl2@14 March 2004 - 23:48
videolan can play dvd&#39;s, it can do anything :01:

i know it can play dvds. but what i&#39;m looking for is to display the menu, and let u select and stuff, just like if u poped a dvd into a dvd player and used the remote to select stuff. cuz i&#39;m getting the one with chinese subs for my friend (refer to my posts in movieworld) and i need to be able to get those subs up somehow [/b][/quote]
it does show the menu, all software that plays DVDs will show the menu.

edit: rephrased.

Amarjit
03-15-2004, 06:31 PM
Yes Alcohol 120% accepts IMG files.