PDA

View Full Version : Wanna Burn Some Avi's To Vcd

tesco
03-16-2004, 05:40 AM
hi im trying to burn a movie to VCD, it is around 700mb and is in AVI format.

When i try to burn the movie with neros encoding it gets to around 35% then the program randomly exits for no reason and goes back to the startsmart thing.

when i use TMPGenc i select my file and it says that it is unsupported.

Any other good program i could try that are free, and easy to use? or any help with the other two programs?

ck-uk
03-16-2004, 04:33 PM
More info mate with gsopt

and what codecs are you usin'. :)

tesco
03-16-2004, 04:42 PM
I have the k-lite codec pack installed pretty much every codec except the mpeg 2 decoder's.

here is a screenshot of what Gspot tells me about the movie file, i think this is what you wanted...

Image Resized
[img]http://filesharingtalk.com/sigs/screenshot.JPG' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'> ('http://filesharingtalk.com/sigs/screenshot.JPG')

and here is a screenshot of what happens with TMPGenc when i select my video file. Btw, it does this with every AVI file i have.
Image Resized
[img]http://filesharingtalk.com/sigs/screenshot2.JPG' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'> ('http://filesharingtalk.com/sigs/screenshot2.JPG')

ck-uk
03-16-2004, 05:11 PM
Try

Tmpeg

file enviornmental settings >increase the direct show reader up then test.

or enable support generic support for mp4

dont enable overlay extended mode ,or,

use the 4cc changer to xvid to divx :)

tesco
03-16-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by ck-uk@16 March 2004 - 12:11
or enable support generic support for mp4

dont enable overlay extended mode
cant find those two things in the options.

How do you use the fourcc code changer?

ck-uk
03-16-2004, 05:32 PM
The one mate overlay is in the dixv config..The other means support all mp4 which is in both divx /xvid.

The changer can be found in the codec pack of xvid settings.

Did you try increasing the direct show ,in tmpeg. :)

tesco
03-16-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by ck-uk@16 March 2004 - 12:32
The one mate overlay is in the dixv config..The other means support all mp4 which is in both divx /xvid.

The changer can be found in the codec pack of xvid settings.

Did you try increasing the direct show ,in tmpeg. :)
yeah i tried increasing it. changed allk of the settings and everything you said and still does same thing.

i found anotehr program called AVI2MPEG which has a decompressor, i remember getting an audio compression error sometime last night so im gonna let it decompress then see what happens. or i could just use the AVI2MPEG program instead of TMPGenc.

edit: nevermind the program didnt work. after decompressing the audio worked for about 1 minute then just stops.

tesco
03-16-2004, 05:47 PM
here is a log from some program, not sure which one it was as i tried like 10 last night, but here is what it said, it might be able to help us. gives an error about directshow?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Avi2vcd 1.4.2 encode log file]
Operating System: Windows XP
Version: 5.1
Build Number: 2600
CSD Version: Service Pack 2, v.2082
DirectX Version: 8.1 (or later)
CPU Vendor: AMD
Model: Athalon or Duron
MMX Capable: Yes, SSE Capable: Yes, OS SSE Capable: Yes
Speed: 1800 MHz (approximate)
Number of processors: 1
Installed Memory: 512 MB (aprox)

Source file: C:\Documents and Settings\Ross\Desktop\2 Fast 2 Furious.avi
Source file is 699 Mb
Source File Details:

ERROR: DirectShow could not open source file to validate parameters.

VFW DETAILS:
ERROR: VFW Could not retrieve a video frame to determine details
ERROR: Could not open source file to validate parameters.

Could not open file with Video-For-Windows API!

Could not open file with either DirectShow or VFW API!!
Input video could not be opened or does not have acceptable parameters
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

does this help us any?

ck-uk
03-16-2004, 06:16 PM
It plays ok ,yea?

Try unistall the pack then install one codec at a time.like just xvid.,or just divx n enable the all mp4 support.
:)

ck-uk
03-16-2004, 06:21 PM
Did you also try the 4cc changer with that movie.

tesco
03-16-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by ck-uk@16 March 2004 - 13:21
Did you also try the 4cc changer with that movie.
no i dont know how to use it.

would i slect for the first thing, says 'fourcc description code:" i would select Xvid right?

and the second thing, says 'fourcc used codec:' i would select Divx?

and the last one is pretty straight forward it is to select your video file right?

tesco
03-16-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by ck-uk@16 March 2004 - 13:16
It plays ok ,yea?

Try unistall the pack then install one codec at a time.like just xvid.,or just divx n enable the all mp4 support.
:)
tried didnt help.

im going to format my hard drive and install windows XP pro with no SP2 just sp1. i want to know what codecs i should install. i need to know every exact one i should use to get it to work i dont want to be installing and uninstalling. the reason i am formatting is to clear out any corrupt codes or anything.

ck-uk
03-16-2004, 07:43 PM
Yea mate select your file ,then change the bottom box.

Also go to the xvid decoder setting n disable the support for divx.... :)

tesco
03-16-2004, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by ck-uk@16 March 2004 - 14:43
Yea mate select your file ,then change the bottom box.

Also go to the xvid decoder setting n disable the support for divx.... :)
ok im done my reinstall. should i install the real divx codec and real xvid codec or should i use the klite codec pack?

muchspl2
03-16-2004, 09:17 PM
:rolleyes: all that and you just need to follow this http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=93421&hl=
bad frames and vafpi settings

tesco
03-16-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by muchspl2@16 March 2004 - 16:17
:rolleyes: all that and you just need to follow this http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=93421&hl=
bad frames and vafpi settings
meh it wasnt that much trouble i enjoy redoing the computer, it gives me something to do :smilie4:

should i download the klite codec pack 2.24 or the mega codec pack? which one is more up-to-date? i was using the 2.20 codec pack <_< maybe that was the problem.

tesco
03-16-2004, 09:49 PM
WORKS&#33; ITS ENCODING&#33; :D :D :D im not sure what fixed it but tis now working, it could have been the reinstall, might have been the updated codecs, or, the most liekly one, the VAFPI settings.