PDA

View Full Version : Rotk Brutus Rip

newcombe6
03-17-2004, 11:54 AM
is the brutus rip a real dvd rip, or about the same quality as the INTERNAL.DIAMOND one. just wondering if its redundant now the dvd-r version is out

just wanted to know cos the speeds seem to be a lot better than the dvd-r version for some reason

cheers for any replies in advance

{I}{K}{E}
03-17-2004, 02:10 PM
dvd-r is always better then a DVDrip

newcombe6
03-17-2004, 02:30 PM
cheers ike

was just wondering bout the actual quality of the brutus one. i know dvd-r's are pretty much perfect (obviously considering the source), but the internal daiond versio of rotk seemed actually to be a perfect telecine from a cinema rather than the quality you get from a 2 disc xvid rip for example (eg swat xvid 2 disc)

so is the brutus rip as good as the best rip, or is it of lesser quality like the internal diamond rip

cheers anyway ike tho

{I}{K}{E}
03-17-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by newcombe6@17 March 2004 - 14:30
cheers ike

was just wondering bout the actual quality of the brutus one. i know dvd-r's are pretty much perfect (obviously considering the source), but the internal daiond versio of rotk seemed actually to be a perfect telecine from a cinema rather than the quality you get from a 2 disc xvid rip for example (eg swat xvid 2 disc)

so is the brutus rip as good as the best rip, or is it of lesser quality like the internal diamond rip

cheers anyway ike tho
for this the DVDrip is the best, because the DVD-r isnt a copy of the Retail DVD but only a high encoded TC ;)

newcombe6
03-18-2004, 02:20 AM
cheers ike, i appreciate it. i was a wondering.

abu_has_the_power
03-18-2004, 02:57 AM
the brutus rip isn't bad at all. quality is pretty good

downloadgeek
03-18-2004, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}@17 March 2004 - 17:52

for this the DVDrip is the best, because the DVD-r isnt a copy of the Retail DVD but only a high encoded TC ;)
what does a high encoded TC mean???

abu_has_the_power
03-18-2004, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by downloadgeek+17 March 2004 - 22:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (downloadgeek @ 17 March 2004 - 22:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-{I}{K}{E}@17 March 2004 - 17:52

what does a high encoded TC mean??? [/b][/quote]
i thought it was a direct dvd image. telecines are much lower quality

KLResurrectionUser
03-19-2004, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@18 March 2004 - 02:57
the brutus rip isn&#39;t bad at all. quality is pretty good
hi apu. i have recently d/loaded Brutus version. the picture/sound is a dvd quality for sure but i dotn think my versiion seems to have been ripped properly.....
...... i was disappointed because it did not play as smooth as a film should play. every frame was really jumpy and there was no smooth translation from one frame to the next and that became very noticible throughout the whole film and gave me a headache which kiiled the film for me.
did u guys find this to be a problem or is it just me?
do u know what i am talking about?

if its just me then is there anything i can do to fix it?

here are the details of the avi file that i have for file 1 of 3
file name: b-rotka.avi
width: 640
height: 256

duration: 01:13:17
bit rate: 448kbps

frame rate: 23 frames/sec
data rate: 162kbps
video sample rate: 24 bit
video compression: XVID

cwctv
03-19-2004, 07:20 PM
I got a readme once that told me to get Gordian.Knot.Codec.Pack.1.6 but only put on the XviD codec not had a problem since,go here for it then downloads.

http://www.doom9.org/

ck-uk
03-19-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by cwctv@19 March 2004 - 18:20
I got a readme once that told me to get Gordian.Knot.Codec.Pack.1.6 but only put on the XviD codec not had a problem since,go here for it then downloads.

http://www.doom9.org/
Same xvid mate as in the k-lite codec pack

http://www.k-litemegacodecpack.com/ :)

KLResurrectionUser
03-19-2004, 08:54 PM
my jerky image problem is fixed :clap: ..oh man i cant believe it..i thought i downloaded a crappy 2 GIG movie. now its running as smooth as a proper hi-qi DVD ...thank god for K-Lite Mega Codec Pack from http://www.kdp.2ya.com (http://www.kdp.2ya.com/and) and this forum ofcourse. thanks u guys and gals.
an i even discovered one of the best media players > Media Player Classic .small simple and 100% efficient in doing its job without killing cpu power. nice

abu_has_the_power
03-19-2004, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by KLResurrectionUser+19 March 2004 - 14:07--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (KLResurrectionUser &#064; 19 March 2004 - 14:07)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-abu_has_the_power@18 March 2004 - 02:57
the brutus rip isn&#39;t bad at all. quality is pretty good
hi apu. i have recently d/loaded Brutus version. the picture/sound is a dvd quality for sure but i dotn think my versiion seems to have been ripped properly.....
...... i was disappointed because it did not play as smooth as a film should play. every frame was really jumpy and there was no smooth translation from one frame to the next and that became very noticible throughout the whole film and gave me a headache which kiiled the film for me.
did u guys find this to be a problem or is it just me?
do u know what i am talking about?

if its just me then is there anything i can do to fix it?

here are the details of the avi file that i have for file 1 of 3
file name: b-rotka.avi
width: 640
height: 256

duration: 01:13:17
bit rate: 448kbps

frame rate: 23 frames/sec
data rate: 162kbps
video sample rate: 24 bit
video compression: XVID

. [/b][/quote]
u need the newest xvid codec to get rid of the jumpiness. go on vcdquality.com and go into the forum thread about the brutus. there&#39;s a link there to get the newest xvid codec. it&#39;s newer than the klite codec pack one. and it plays this very well.

and it&#39;s abu

my jerky image problem is fixed&nbsp; ..oh man i cant believe it..i thought i downloaded a crappy 2 GIG movie. now its running as smooth as a proper hi-qi DVD ...thank god for K-Lite Mega Codec Pack from http://www.kdp.2ya.com and this forum ofcourse. thanks u guys and gals.
an i even discovered one of the best media players > Media Player Classic .small simple and 100% efficient in doing its job without killing cpu power. nice

that works too

KLResurrectionUser
03-19-2004, 10:01 PM
sorry ..i thought it was apu....i apologize ABU....(man some ppl are so picky)

abu_has_the_power
03-19-2004, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by KLResurrectionUser@19 March 2004 - 17:01
lol.

and btw, the centropy dvd rip is the best. the brust has weird ar.

KLResurrectionUser
03-19-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by abu_has_the_power+19 March 2004 - 22:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (abu_has_the_power &#064; 19 March 2004 - 22:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-KLResurrectionUser@19 March 2004 - 17:01
lol.

and btw, the centropy dvd rip is the best. the brust has weird ar. [/b][/quote]
really? u think so...the picture quality isnt that great on centropy. its a lot darker then it should be where_as brutus has a vivid colourful image to it. whats ar? i am no expert.

and i cant find the the very latest latest xvid codec. i have the maga codec pack but that is not the lastest i have been told. do have a link

abu_has_the_power
03-19-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by KLResurrectionUser+19 March 2004 - 17:36--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (KLResurrectionUser @ 19 March 2004 - 17:36)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@19 March 2004 - 22:30
<!--QuoteBegin-KLResurrectionUser@19 March 2004 - 17:01
lol.

and btw, the centropy dvd rip is the best. the brust has weird ar.
really? u think so...the picture quality isnt that great on centropy. its a lot darker then it should be where_as brutus has a vivid colourful image to it. whats ar? i am no expert.

and i cant find the the very latest latest xvid codec. i have the maga codec pack but that is not the lastest i have been told. do have a link [/b][/quote]
aspect ratio (aka screen size). there were some complaints bout that...

i don&#39;t have a link now. its on vcdquality&#39;s forum thread bout the brutus rip. theres a guy who posted a link there. well, centropy&#39;s is a dvd image. sometimes dvdrips are lighter. i think both are the same quality wise, maybe centropy a bit better cuz its only 2 discs instead of 3. and there&#39;s a menu. oooooooo... menu..... (drool) :drool:

KLResurrectionUser
03-19-2004, 10:50 PM
oh that ar..lol.. menu? hows that? did u convert it to dvd or something? i have an avi file that i downloaded from bittorrent so i can watch it on my computer.

abu_has_the_power
03-19-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by KLResurrectionUser@19 March 2004 - 17:50
oh that ar..lol.. menu? hows that? did u convert it to dvd or something? i have an avi file that i downloaded from bittorrent so i can watch it on my computer.
the centropy is a dvd image, or direct copy of the dvd that was released. all real dvds have menus. and since its an image, u need a dvd burner to burn it. good thing i can just mount and play through tv out to my tv

KLResurrectionUser
03-19-2004, 11:02 PM
oh right..wait .when i downloaded the brutus rip i did have other folders within the main folder apart from cd1 cd2 and cd3 folders . i think they were called something sub ...or something like that...i have deleted that already. do u think that was for the menu?