PDA

View Full Version : Never Any Sources For Verifieds

suki
03-17-2004, 05:29 PM
:huh:
How come whenever i try to download from a verified hash there are never any sources...I read the FAQ and it says that it means that there is no one online to download from, yet the member that posted the hash is showing as logged in....and some of the users that have successfully downloaded, am i doing something wrong, or are my expectations just a bit too high!!...thanks

Cheese
03-17-2004, 05:36 PM
The times I've used the hashes I've had a similar problem but I just left them on and eventually they started downloading. In fact pretty much all the hashes I've used have eventually started downloading and finished. :)

suki
03-17-2004, 05:42 PM
:) Thanks will wait.......

cwctv
03-17-2004, 05:50 PM
Your REAL main problem is many don't use KaZaa much now but are still posting a
verified hash so you people know which are real,don't forget its not just users here its users from all over the world who may have the file but DON'T come here.

Where do we go irc,mirc and BitTorrent much easier well I think so and no fakes (well almost some say they have had one I never have).

Cheese
03-17-2004, 06:09 PM
cwctv is right you're probably best off swapping Fileshare progs, I still use Kazaa Lite for stuff I can't get off BT and can still get some good speeds off it. But it is a pain in the rear-end these days.

Gre1
03-17-2004, 06:11 PM
Most people don't share them they just post them to show they have them or to be the first one to post it. I try to share ones I post but I am on other p2p sharing too mainly BT so when I get around to kazaa I share.

unreal_dude
03-17-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Withcheese@17 March 2004 - 23:06
The times I've used the hashes I've had a similar problem but I just left them on and eventually they started downloading. In fact pretty much all the hashes I've used have eventually started downloading and finished. :)
same here. But then the number of ppl using kazaa has gone down considerably. Try BT for newer stuff . :D

suki
03-17-2004, 06:27 PM
I tried mirc and managed to get one file off, but then kept getting nickserv errors

Cheese
03-17-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by suki@17 March 2004 - 17:27
I tried mirc and managed to get one file off, but then kept getting nickserv errors
Try BT, it's a simple enough program. Azerus and Shadow's clients are the best IMO.

suki
03-17-2004, 06:37 PM
:) Will do thanks

cwctv
03-17-2004, 06:40 PM
Try BT, it's a simple enough program. Azerus and Shadow's clients are the best IMO.

I agree too but you also HAVE to share (not saying you don't with KaZaa) so watch your bandwidth with bt if your on a cap with your isp,the megs soon come and go I'd read about it all first before converting over. :)

~FunK_mOb~
03-17-2004, 06:41 PM
About 80% of the verifieds i use always have sources,and usually very good ones too.I just downloaded Dreamweaver4 trough a verified hash,it started of immediatly and finished 10 minutes later. :01:
Maybe the verified you're trying to download is relatively new,there for it doesn't have many sources yet.

Anywayz,k-lite is still doing it's thing for me...no real need to go to another p2p unless you really,really,really want to have the new movies as soon as possible.
I've been trying out other p2p's for a while now(emule,overnet,shareaza...) and not one of them comes even close to the speeds you can get from k-lite.
On k-lite,if i'm having luck with having very good sources,i can download a movie in +- 2hours,and on all the others it will take me days at an end for the dl to finish.
And I don't feel like leaving my comp running for days in order to get my speeds higher(actually I can't because it stands next to my bed and it's noisy as hell!)

bilko
03-29-2004, 01:57 PM
i think something u always have to keep in mind is that ur downlaods are subject to change, if it starts and says need more sources leave it running for a bit and it might just find them, i think patience is required with kazaa and other similar p2p programs

its been working for me........when i say leave it for a while i mean 10+ hours

Robert00000
03-30-2004, 01:47 PM
Try Newsgroups, you get full bandwidth.

It usually takes days to download a movie from p2p networks. I usually download 3 movies overnight on my 600k connection from newsgroups.

There are many free news servers available