PDA

View Full Version : Worried About Copying Rentals

bilko
03-18-2004, 03:10 PM
well i've had my new pc for a week now and have decided to try and copy a rental, eeek!

i wanted to do this since day one but have been occupied by the gaming side of thing so far but today is the day

im gonna use dvd decrypter as it looks nice to use and i've heard good things, then i'll use dvd shrink for choppin and changing and finish with nero

thing is im worried about damaging the disc! anyone else done this before (of course you have) its just i need assurance

cheers guys

newcombe6
03-18-2004, 03:15 PM
consider yourself assured, it'll be fine, everyone else does it trust me!

it does no damage to the disc whatsoever, it only reads it to make an image for your harddrive. and dont worry, no one can tell you copied it

dvd decypter is the best program i reckon, ive never had one problem with it

good luck with it all

bilko
03-18-2004, 03:24 PM
thanks man, the question is now, which rental?

delphin460
03-18-2004, 03:34 PM
ok forget dvd decrypter unless u wanna make it a divx or xvid, all it does is copy vob files to yer h/d

get nero 6 , and install it , then install dvd shrink

dvd shrink uses nero as a way to burn the copied dvd , it doesnt even need to open it as long as its installed

All you do is use dvd shrink to open just the main movie , its in the options , then click the backup button and it makes the dvd ( which is 9 gig ) fit onto a 4.7 gig drd-r ( i say dvd-r cause they work in most dvd players ) as just the movie only

and then it will burn it to your dvd-r and all is done , easy as that

p.s forget the extas, who needs them anyway, and they wont fit on yer 4,7 dvd

oh p.s.s you will need at least like 6 gig for this procedure, but it will delete the files after its finished

bilko
03-18-2004, 04:08 PM
i need a little hlep with nero too, there seem to be 2 ways to burn the disc

burning to DVD±R(W) using the "DVD-Video" mode.

burning to DVD±R(W) using the "UDF/ISO" mode.

which s best for xbox and ps2 compatability?

and whats the diff between them?

thisd is for movies only not games i know ya need a chip or a disc or a softmod

bujub22
03-18-2004, 05:29 PM
my bro burns and copys all his movies from rentals and he's never got in trouble ,and he's been doing it for yrs now
only prob is sometimes they have the blocker on it and it messes up your picture but that can be fixed........so have fun :D

bilko
03-18-2004, 06:33 PM
blocker that messes the picture? can u give me a littl more info and how its combated

bujub22
03-18-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by bilko@18 March 2004 - 14:33
blocker that messes the picture? can u give me a littl more info and how its combated
well my bro's ol school he likes tapes.
so for tapes he jus takes the blocker out !
u have to do this by un screwing the tape boom that easy jus take it out
but for cd's u have to go to threw some format thing my bro does he's not online so i can't tell yah more sorry .. :ph34r:

Aaron_T
03-18-2004, 07:45 PM
are you copying disc to disc or to the hard drive?

bilko
03-19-2004, 02:35 PM
it'll be straight to hd then compress/chop a little bit out, then to disc

Busyman
03-19-2004, 04:12 PM
I never copy to hd but for

disc to tape - use Video Stabilizer (small box with video in and out that removes Macrovision)

disc to disc - DVDXCopy and XCopy Express