PDA

View Full Version : Retunr Of The King Problems Help Please

bilko
03-19-2004, 07:04 PM
well its not a problem of sorts, the movie played good and looks great wit surround sound - its the LOTR - ROTK version off suprnova

its just i was wondering if it is at all possible to expand the picture a bit and there are large black bars at top and bottom of the screen withonly a small viewing window, what can i do to get around this?

thanks for all the help

KLResurrectionUser
03-19-2004, 07:19 PM
if u play it in zoom player ( i have zoom player v3.10) it give you the option to pan scan the image which is basicly zooming into the picture. which means ofcourse u will lose the an inch or 2 off each side of the image. so theres not a lot u can do apart from that.

can i ask if u have the brutus version consisting of 3 seperate files in a folder called The.Lord.Of.The.Rings.The.Return.Of.The.King.DVDRiP.XViD-BRUTUS_[bt-gm]_[EFnet]

and if so then...does ur version play smoothly or are the frames really jumpy all the was through? plz tell coz i am really pi**ed at my download. thanks .

bilko
03-19-2004, 07:24 PM
no i mean on TV
i created one copy so far and when i played it on the TV it was a little small
is there anything i can do to the file before i burn it to the disc?

there is a zoon on the DVD player but it cust off part of the sides

KLResurrectionUser
03-19-2004, 08:22 PM
yes there probably is but then what you will have is a vertically stretched and a horizontally squashed image if you want to see a bigger picture on ur TV. the fact is that you dont have the original cut of the film ( unless ur one of peter jacksons elves then u can ask him to give u a fullscreen rip of his multi-million dollar movie so some guy in thiland can steal it from his studio again and distribute it all over the world fo us to watch it for nothing :)) and therefore the person who ripped the film from its original dvd format only has that option. and even then u will still lose inche or 2 from each side.
so in one word NO..the best u got is ....zoooom. but beggers cant be choosers..so just live with it untill the dvd is released.

bilko
03-20-2004, 12:53 PM
dude what is ur problem, i just asked if there were any apps out there that could help out

dick

muchspl2
03-20-2004, 01:52 PM
letter box > 4:3

KLResurrectionUser
03-20-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by bilko@20 March 2004 - 12:53
dude what is ur problem, i just asked if there were any apps out there that could help out

dick
hey man theres no need to be going calling ppl names. i was giving u some free advice like u asked for. if it wasnt very helpfull 4 u then then theres no need to go on a bender. so chill out.

corvair41
03-21-2004, 11:32 PM
rotk-a.avi (sig2dat:///|File:rotk-a.avi|Length:734023680 Bytes,716820KB|UUHash:=FaxqTx4/s/tZLLTMUFwo/ae0Z2E=|)

rotk-b.avi (sig2dat:///|File:rotk-b.avi|Length:734433280 Bytes,717220KB|UUHash:=1uOpe3tciY2nhrNhAjVMCHdPjl0=|)

rotk-c.avi (sig2dat:///|File:rotk-c.avi|Length:733493248 Bytes,716302KB|UUHash:=U/o9bVMO2nOimsHQGi9YsDbz/Xo=|)

Perfect Rotk In every way!!!

SingaBoiy
03-22-2004, 04:52 AM
Just hit the zoom button on your control. Assuming you have a dvd player made in the last few years, the option comes standard.

Adster
03-22-2004, 08:14 AM
it is called wide screen which is what movies should be always watched in 4.3 cuts off allot off teh edges which people don't understand

I remember they had to re release Harry Potter coz the kiddies complained about the black bars <_<

so don;t bother expanding it it Will look shit with bug heads

delphin460
03-22-2004, 08:43 AM
if you encoded the movies with tmpgenc . you could change the avd settings to full screen

just depends on how you encoded it

also depends if its the xvid version with ac3 audio

there is a good tutorial for encoding below,

convert xvid with ac3 to dvd

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/userguides/186739.php

bilko
03-22-2004, 01:39 PM
yeah its pretty good, thanks for the info guys