PDA

View Full Version : I Can Only Share Files I Downloaded On Kl

illustr8
03-21-2004, 06:37 PM
Hi!

Nice to meet everybody!

I am putting subtitles on a show in French (downloaded on KL) for my fellow Anglos to watch but I cannot seem to share my files once I have modified them from the originally downloaded on KL. The files I am trying to share are in teh folder they came in from KL. The other files I download are being uploaded by users so I know the folder is not in cause. I have added keywords etc. to my files. Still no show.

Any idea?

Autumn Fox
03-22-2004, 12:09 AM
Well, burn this file on a CD and hand it in to your friend, it's the fastest way. Other ways are just too slow, ofcurse if you can hand it in, if not select a Supernode and both of you have to connect to it, then download each from another.

And remamber: If you edit a file it's hash changes so the file ain't no more an another source but an another file with a diffrent hash(and unique at the time being), so that's why no one's downloading it from you now.

MUSLEMAN
03-22-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by illustr8@21 March 2004 - 14:37
Hi!

Nice to meet everybody!

I am putting subtitles on a show in French (downloaded on KL) for my fellow Anglos to watch but I cannot seem to share my files once I have modified them from the originally downloaded on KL. The files I am trying to share are in teh folder they came in from KL. The other files I download are being uploaded by users so I know the folder is not in cause. I have added keywords etc. to my files. Still no show.

Any idea?
how do you know they are not being shared??

Autumn Fox
03-22-2004, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by MUSLEMAN+22 March 2004 - 00:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MUSLEMAN @ 22 March 2004 - 00:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-illustr8@21 March 2004 - 14:37

(...)
I have added keywords etc. to my files.
(...)

how do you know they are not being shared?? [/b][/quote]
If he added the key words they are being shared only not downloaded.

illustr8
03-22-2004, 03:24 AM
Thanks for the ideas. The CD thing would work if I planned on sharing with only one person, but I want everybody who speaks English to be lucky enought to see that great show.

I know it is not shared because I typed my own keywords and it won&#39;t show up. I also asked my brother to check it on his and nothing comes up either. This is not the first file of mine I try to share. I must have to make it "sharable" somewhere in the options but I don&#39;t know how.

More ideas?

h1
03-22-2004, 04:42 AM
Just because you can&#39;t find your own files doesn&#39;t mean they aren&#39;t being shared. :)

MUSLEMAN
03-22-2004, 06:34 AM
boss its not that easy to have somebody find your files.

tell your friends to connect to the same supernode and then see if they find them.

you can&#39;t search your own files with klite :lol:

illustr8
03-22-2004, 07:06 PM
A-HA&#33; I see&#33;
I guess it makes sense not to download our own files doesn&#39;t it :)

I will try connecting to the same supernodes thing. Even if it&#39;s just to sound smarter ;)

Thanks guys&#33;