PDA

View Full Version : Basic Instructions For Newbie

Elby
03-09-2003, 04:53 PM
I swear I read the manual, so don't mistreat me please!

1. If I ever do get proficient and download something of poor technical quality, am I supposed to report on its integrity? If so, how?

2. Can I share from my CD drive, or do I have to record my CD onto my desktop first? I've selected the CD drive as shareable (by the way, that's in Options/Find media to share, not Tools/Find media to share - at least on my machine). My question is more about whether the music files on a CD are useful to someone, or if they have to be converted into MP3s...

3. If I get a message about "more sources needed" should I just keep choosing "find more sources for download" over and over?

Much obliged.

"The Avatar Man"
03-09-2003, 06:16 PM
1.can't hurt-but I don't know how
2.don't know but it's an interesting idea-you should try it B)
3.fraid so.It's a huge network and you can't always get every file you want :(

Ron
03-09-2003, 06:32 PM
You can share files that are in your CD drive, but expect a lot of whirring sounds then. :)

Elby
03-09-2003, 06:39 PM
Thanks. I look forward to freaking out my cat with the whirring sounds. :)

In the meantime, in the spirit of usefulness I'll record some of my cds onto the hard drive.

Shinigami_[R.I.P.]
03-09-2003, 06:52 PM
1) You don't have to if you don't want to. Go to My Kazaa Lite (next to theater), locate your file>right-click>edit details>then choose/type the intergrity.

2) You can but it's better to extract and/or convert to MP3's which can be easier at times.

3) Keep searching for the file manually, enable autosearchmore, and have a type of Speed-up running (i.e. Sharemonkey speedup, Kazap, etc)