PDA

View Full Version : Love Actaully Svcd 895mb

newcombe6
03-22-2004, 02:30 PM
Right, have encoded my 2 disc love actually ac3 xvid files, and made two svcd mpegs of them. each one comes out at 895mb. (i had to first use virtual dub to convert to divx, and then tmpgenc to encode to mpeg svcd. phew!, did take a while!)

is there anyway to now get each file onto one cd each? ive heard that you can burn outside the cdrs limits with kvcd/svcd, but by how much? ive tried burning the cds anyway (im using nero 6 express) and it wont start and tells me to put a bigger file device is. do you have to fiddle with options and fool nero into burning? or are the files simply too big?

if they are two big, is there anyway to make them smaller?

cheers for any help

muchspl2
03-22-2004, 02:32 PM
well not that much
if you want to learn kvcd start here http://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=68852

newcombe6
03-22-2004, 02:43 PM
cheers muchspl2, i read that guide thanks, v.helpful, havent really got to grips with kvcd yet (im improving tho!) and im trying to do it for my mum in a rush. i could join the files and split them onto 3 cds i suppose, cheers anyway tho

i was wondering how big a svcd can be and still fit on a cdr when youre using nero, ive got an 800mb kvcd on 1 cd, but that compresses differently doesnt it?

can yoy get away with a bit over on a svcd, for example 740mb?

ck-uk
03-22-2004, 02:58 PM
Just curious why did you converrt to divx then tmpeg mate.

For burning the only chance is change them to bins first with vcdgear then try burning with overburn mate

newcombe6
03-22-2004, 03:06 PM
no matter what did pal, i couldnt use tmpgen with any xvid ac3 movies, but didnt have any problems with divx movies - so i did it that way. i followed every guide i could find, and its still not quite rite, so even if this way is bloody long winded, it stills does the job till i can sort tmpgenc out to handle ac3

can you burn a bit bigger if theyre .bin files then?

ck-uk
03-22-2004, 03:18 PM
Which evers best for u mate

I was thinking of the big quality loss bein re-encode.You can change the files codec with a codec changer.The tmp ac3 prob can be solved from much's guide.

Sometimes you can burn bigger ,you can only try.

:)

newcombe6
03-22-2004, 03:30 PM
well cos my old lady is soo desperate to see the film, ill probably join the two 800+ files and then split them onto 3 cds. but it was making me wonder, cos on a lot or my irc channels you get svcds that are 800mb+, and why download them like that if you have to bugger about like me and split them later? (and i do mean svcds rather than kvcds)

i always thought they were for people who want to download files such as that so they dont have to reencode to watch on standalone dvd players. bit of a puzzler.....

seriously cheers for the advice (nightwolf, muchspl2,I.K.E, and cduk especially), ill stop hogging the forum now!

muchspl2
03-22-2004, 03:36 PM
any svcd or vcd you download can fit on a 700mb cdr
the movies your talking about on irc are in bin/cue format

newcombe6
03-22-2004, 03:40 PM
oh right, gotcha. ill try changing em to bin then, you never know, it mite work.

cheers fella

muchspl2
03-22-2004, 03:46 PM
no no no no
you encode your move to big
a movie you download will fit, they are mostly in bin/cue format
you can't make your encoded movie fit by changing it to bin.cue
it's to late but befor you encoded you could have set the file size in tmpgenc

newcombe6
03-22-2004, 03:52 PM
dont worry - i figured that much!

meant for the future - the ones for download never really go above say 760mb, ill just have to encode them to smaller sizes next time - i was just getting quality results this way - its not worth the hassle tho really.

cheers

cwctv
03-22-2004, 05:44 PM
Edit : Forget it just seen your other post. :D