PDA

View Full Version : Once Again...> Slow Downloads

Homme
03-23-2004, 05:12 PM
Can anyone tell me, why my downloads are so slow? I tried everything u guys wrote to others(i think), but nothing seems to speed me up. My downloads stay at about 1 - 2 kb/s, even though my connection i 1 mbit. I know it depends on, how fast the files are uploading from others, but it's the same when I'm downloading from 13 users.

When I first startet using K-lite, my downloads would easely be 50 kb/s

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?????? PLZ HELP!!!!

baccyman
03-23-2004, 05:23 PM
how many files are you trying to d/l at the same time if you are trying to d/l too many this will slow you down .
if the file has not got many sources this will also make it a slow d/l.

Homme
03-23-2004, 05:31 PM
I'm only downloading 2 or 3 at a time. This cannot be the reason. There is nothing wrong with my connection. If I download let's say a trailer from Quicktime at the same time, the trailer is downloaded super-fast. It's only when I download from k-lite that I have a problem. Just now i'm downloading a file from 13 users, and the speed is 1.05 kb/s!!! that can't be right. Or?

baccyman
03-23-2004, 05:40 PM
maybe people are restricting there upload speeds

MUSLEMAN
03-23-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Homme@23 March 2004 - 13:12
Can anyone tell me, why my downloads are so slow? I tried everything u guys wrote to others(i think), but nothing seems to speed me up. My downloads stay at about 1 - 2 kb/s, even though my connection i 1 mbit. I know it depends on, how fast the files are uploading from others, but it's the same when I'm downloading from 13 users.

When I first startet using K-lite, my downloads would easely be 50 kb/s

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?????? PLZ HELP!!!!
your download speed depends on the # of sources for it and their upload speed, anddon't be fooled by whatyou see in the search window they are not an indication of who is available for connection so change supernodes to see if you get lucky, also use localized supernodes, also try changing ports, and lower your upload bandwidth,remove the no ip sources from your dat files and see if it helps , and if you have a router you need to getkanat (http://www.fasttrackhelp.com/development/ftfakes/)

Homme
03-23-2004, 06:27 PM
First......the number of user i'm refering to is in the traffic window.

second.....How can I change port? It's the only thing i haven't done yet.........

by the way thx 4 fast reply. ;)

MUSLEMAN
03-23-2004, 07:07 PM
options>klite options>firewall>here you see the port , try anything over 3500

at this point it can be a bunch of bad supernodes or our isp, or your sources upload speed is low

Homme
03-23-2004, 07:35 PM
That did it. SUPER! :lol:

What does it do??

mcshit
03-24-2004, 01:40 AM
just lookin at this thred and was wondering if you r ment 2 change the proxy server port or the incoming port??????? :helpsmile:

MUSLEMAN
03-24-2004, 01:53 AM
well its not realy a good thing, put sounds like your port was blocked, cloged or etc.

but in time the same thing will happen to this port but all the peps connecting to you will suffer, because they can't connect to you anymore