PDA

View Full Version : Ed2k D/l Info.

KLResurrectionUser
03-24-2004, 03:09 PM
CAn anyone show me how to use this information i have about this file to be able to download it. it doesnt make much sense. I'd b really gratefull if u know what to do.

ed2k://|file|Ghost_in_the_Shell_-_1_-_CD_1_-_[zx](986a8d0f)(dub.sub_jap.eng.eng)[AniDB].ogm|701952516|687A1FE037374915B19824E036E0198D|/

You dont have to too detailed. just enough info to walk me through the process.thanks

thisiswhoweare
03-24-2004, 03:19 PM
I knew you'd ask this question. Like i said, you need emule. Kazaa won't work for it.

Get overnet/emule/edonkey (one of those, not all) and it will work.

thisiswhoweare
03-24-2004, 03:22 PM
http://animereactor.ath.cx/forum/index.php

Heres a site for your anime interests :D once you see what you can get you'll prob end up using emule instead of kazaa. I hope you don't spam this board with n00b questions... a bad start.

thisiswhoweare
03-24-2004, 03:30 PM
http://emuleplus.info/forum/index.php?show...AQ/CommonTopics (http://emuleplus.info/forum/index.php?showforum=23&hyperlink=/FAQ/CommonTopics)

My guide....
should help you to get started. Please read it thorougly, and don't expect high speeds at first.

KLResurrectionUser
03-24-2004, 03:38 PM
arn't these details uve given me suppose to go into into k-sig?

anyway ive intalled Overnet Version 0.52 . But there are no options to insert those details u have given me..im really confused.. :helpsmile:

thisiswhoweare
03-24-2004, 03:42 PM
nope......all ed2k:// hashes are for ed2k programs.
sorry i forgot, overnet doesnt have a option to take in hashes through clipboard, you need to make it into a link, or try emule/edonkey instead.

TIP:
open a txt file (blank).
paste this into it.

Ghost In The Shell (ed2k://|file|Ghost_in_the_Shell_-_1_-_CD_1_-_[zx](986a8d0f)(dub.sub_jap.eng.eng)[AniDB].ogm|701952516|687A1FE037374915B19824E036E0198D|/)

And save as a filename.html.

Note the .html part , filename doesnt matter.

Then open and click.

~FunK_mOb~
03-24-2004, 03:54 PM
it's a verified download for edonkey&emule...can't use that in k-lite B)
But if you have edonkey or emule just open it and you paste it somewhere,i think it's somewhere in the right top corner in the searchscreen.Not too sure about that cause i haven't used much of them copy-paste ed2k-links.I only use(d) the ones you just have to click.
Hope this info is good enough for you :)

KLResurrectionUser
03-24-2004, 04:03 PM
i ha overnet so i used that instead. someone told me to createa an html link and save it anywhere and when i clicked on it it opened up overnet and started finding sources . im getting really crappy speeds. 1/2kbps and stuff. with kazaa i get like 14/15kbps. so its been a waste of time for me. but thanks for ur help none the less.

~FunK_mOb~
03-24-2004, 04:08 PM
Overnet,emulen,edonkey aren't that good if you really want speeds, i know.
It takes a while with them before you get somewhat "good" speeds.
I still use k-lite for the majority of the things i download.I only use other clients if i can't find what i want on k-lite..so i'ld say stick to k-ite :01: ;)
It's still a good filesharing program despite the things that are being said on this board.

KLResurrectionUser
03-24-2004, 04:14 PM
same here..ive tried to convert to bittorrent shareaza and overnet and emule but it has not been very productive as iv wasted more times asking ppl questions then actually downloading stuff which defeats the purpose really. k-lite still rules somewhat. only wish it does not go down the same path as napster and scour and others that were big in there time. k-lite rock on :01:

MUSLEMAN
03-24-2004, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by KLResurrectionUser@24 March 2004 - 12:14
same here..ive tried to convert to bittorrent shareaza and overnet and emule but it has not been very productive as iv wasted more times asking ppl questions then actually downloading stuff which defeats the purpose really. k-lite still rules somewhat. only wish it does not go down the same path as napster and scour and others that were big in there time. k-lite rock on :01:
you guys can continue your bittorren and klite downloads i overnet.

also overnet does take ed2k links

@KLResurrectionUser i have walk thru with visuals on my forum

here at kltforums (http://ktechsupport.clicdev.com/f/index.php?act=idx) and it would make our lives alot easier, but if you don't want to take a minute to go there then i guess we can do it here :lol:

KLResurrectionUser
03-24-2004, 04:35 PM
that link is definitly in my favorites for now..but with frank honesty im so tired of reading help files all the time. i just want to start using the dam thing without having to read a novel about it. im sure a lot of ppl who are in my predicament will agree.

if u got any tips on speeding up my overnet d/l then i'd be very grateful indeed.
its d/loaded 2mb out of 700mb in 20 mins at speeds of 1kbps with overnet where as with kazaa i was getting speed of 14kbps on average. What can i do to speed up my d/l here?

thisiswhoweare
03-24-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by KLResurrectionUser@24 March 2004 - 15:35
that link is definitly in my favorites for now..but with frank honesty im so tired of reading help files all the time. i just want to start using the dam thing without having to read a novel about it. im sure a lot of ppl who are in my predicament will agree.

if u got any tips on speeding up my overnet d/l then i'd be very grateful indeed.
its d/loaded 2mb out of 700mb in 20 mins at speeds of 1kbps with overnet where as with kazaa i was getting speed of 14kbps on average. What can i do to speed up my d/l here?
well it hardly sounds like your enjoying using klite either im surprised your finding sources at all. Anyway im happy with emule (1TB of data and going downloaded and about 400GB uploaded). Glad i used emule as early as I did.

~FunK_mOb~
03-24-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by KLResurrectionUser@24 March 2004 - 17:35

In order to get fast(er) speeds with overnet,edonkey,emule you should give it some time.The best is to leave it running overnight.It also depends on how much you&#39;re sharing(so i&#39;ve heard) <_< Anyway,the longer you&#39;re connected the better the speeds will get,suposedly <_< .But never expect to get speeds on them as you would get on k-lite(Well,I never had anyway.)
A small file that would take me 10minutes to dl on k-lite will tkae me some hours,if not longer,on overnet,emule,edonkey.
To keep things short...not much you can do about speeding up your dl&#39;s on them.

KLResurrectionUser
03-24-2004, 04:58 PM
i definitly prefer klite..even though i still complain about it has not given me as much hassle as all the other clients out there. Shareaza wasnt too bad either except that it took up too much cpu usage and rendered my computer useless if i want to do several things as much.
so in that light i cant complain about kazaa.

MUSLEMAN
03-24-2004, 05:04 PM
to use ed2k links you need to go to option>general>here you see a tab that says take ed2k links, hit that tab.

then copy the whole ed2k link above and go to transfer window, inside transfer window right click and choose and click on "copy ed2k link from the clip board", now the download should appear on your transfer window.

good luck.

by the way on my forum its not help files and etc, its walk thru with visiauls, trust me its worth the minute :lol:

let me know if you have a problem with that ed2k link :lol:

KLResurrectionUser
03-24-2004, 05:09 PM
thanks

MUSLEMAN
03-24-2004, 05:17 PM
np boss :lol:

KLResurrectionUser
03-24-2004, 05:38 PM
so im d/loading from overnet now and it done about 10mb in the last hour (longest hour of my life that was too. seemed like it anyway).
does it have a previewing option like other p2p&#39;s or it that just a figment of my imagination.

the files are in folder called:
Ghost_in_the_Shell_-_1_-_CD_1_-_[zx](986a8d0f)(dub.sub_jap.eng.eng)[AniDB].ogm

and within this folder there are many files of a TYPE called PART which i never heard of before.
for example: 1.3.part, 1.16.part, 1.19.part, 1.27.part, 1.37.part and so on.

How can i view these files while they are still downloading?
Is that even possible?

MUSLEMAN
03-24-2004, 06:00 PM
drag and drop the whole folder in to videolan :lol:

thisiswhoweare
03-24-2004, 06:14 PM
im not sure if this is a cd1 of 2 pieces. I&#39;m downloading this file atm even though im pretty sure i have it already (different rip though). I didnt find this particular movie that good though, getting 4KBs speeds (100+ sources, only 1 downloading from).

KLResurrectionUser
03-26-2004, 01:02 AM
QUOTE:
MUSLEMAN Posted on 24 March 2004 - 18:00
drag and drop the whole folder in to videolan :

thats was an interesting idea so i did with another folder called: Matrix.Revolutions.WS.CNSUB.DVDR-TOMASEN containg an image file called m3-cn-tom.img and what do u know it played it to my astonishment. but i didnt have a chance to try it out with my initial Ghost.In.the>Shell folder coz i gace up on that before u replied and deleted it. i&#39;ll never know know.oh well.

QUOTE:
thisiswhoweare:

i believe its only a single cd rip .i dont know why it s labeled like it is. so now im downloading another version called:
Ghost In The Shell DivX5 AC3 Dual Audio Eng Sub
consisting of 4 files inside this folder called:
Ghost In The Shell (DivX 5) (AC3) by Ganjaman CD1.avi
Ghost In The Shell (DivX 5) (AC3) by Ganjaman CD1.srt
Ghost In The Shell (DivX 5) (AC3) by Ganjaman CD2.avi
Ghost In The Shell (DivX 5) (AC3) by Ganjaman CD2.srt

goodluck with ur d/l..let me know what u get.

thisiswhoweare
03-26-2004, 01:27 AM
Ive already previewed it, great quality. English and japanese dubs, and english subs available. Its an ogm file so you can switch off subs, or change dubs. 2hrs + and i&#39;ll have it done. It seems it is only a 1cd release :)