PDA

View Full Version : Unable To Preview Torrent D/load!

KLResurrectionUser
03-25-2004, 05:32 PM
Im d/loading Ghost.In.The.Shell.DivX5.AC3.Dual.Audio.Eng.Sub in the form of a folder consisting of 4 files inside that folder using the latest TorrentStorm client ( TS 1.2.1)

the files are called:
Name -----------------------------------------------------------------Size---------Type
Ghost In The Shell (DivX 5) (AC3) by Ganjaman CD1.avi----48,128KB---Video Clip
Ghost In The Shell (DivX 5) (AC3) by Ganjaman CD1.srt----------- 0KB---SRT File
Ghost In The Shell (DivX 5) (AC3) by Ganjaman CD2.avi-----------0KB---Video Clip
Ghost In The Shell (DivX 5) (AC3) by Ganjaman CD2.srt------------0KB---SRT File

As u can see CD1.avi has downloaded 48,128KB. So why is VideoLan not able to play it?? ( even when TorrentStorm client is closed) ???

ck-uk
03-25-2004, 06:04 PM
Its probably the way they've been encoded mate.Ppl use different prog ,,encodes differently.etc.Its no just you mate.I've had movies preview from a few mg,others wont atal.I never check with bt files.I dont with any now anyways. :)

KLResurrectionUser
03-25-2004, 06:24 PM
my connections is only a few times faster then 56k and when im d/loading a 1.3Gig file it would be ideal to see what i got so far rather then waste my bandwidth for a week and then find that its a dud file.
so what ur saying is there's nothng i can do about it except keep my fingers crossed its not a fake file?

ck-uk
03-25-2004, 06:34 PM
yep mate ,nothing you can do ,sometimes it will sometimes not.

you'll rarely find a fake on bt,esp nova.

KLResurrectionUser
03-25-2004, 07:27 PM
ok . thanks anyway.. bt r rarely fakes as u say so i'l just let it d/l as it is.

CPU1
03-26-2004, 12:10 AM
hmm i think u can only play the first part ot the file

NotoriousBIC
03-26-2004, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by ck-uk@25 March 2004 - 18:04
Its probably the way they've been encoded mate.Ppl use different prog ,,encodes differently.etc.Its no just you mate.I've had movies preview from a few mg,others wont atal.I never check with bt files.I dont with any now anyways. :)
This is entirely NOT the reason!!!

Even videolan needs a bit of special data to preview a file.
That special part is at the beginning of a file.

Bittorrent however doesn't start d/ling from the start. It (almost) randomly d/leds packages of a torrent. So that means the file header may be incomplete and videolan will not be able to play it.

Azureus now has an option to give more priority to parts at the beginning of a file.

KLResurrectionUser
03-26-2004, 01:57 AM
daaaammm. i wish i knew that earlier. too late now.. thanks for that interesting videolan information NotoriousBIC. I'll keep that in min for future d/ls.

videolan is an amazing tool though. it even plays files without the need to install any codecs what so ever which is really convenient in many ways. what a tool!

ck-uk
03-26-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by NotoriousBIC+26 March 2004 - 00:40--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NotoriousBIC @ 26 March 2004 - 00:40)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ck&#045;uk@25 March 2004 - 18:04
Its probably the way they&#39;ve been encoded mate.Ppl use different prog ,,encodes differently.etc.Its no just you mate.I&#39;ve had movies preview from a few mg,others wont atal.I never check with bt files.I dont with any now anyways. :)
This is entirely NOT the reason&#33;&#33;&#33;

Even videolan needs a bit of special data to preview a file.
That special part is at the beginning of a file.

Bittorrent however doesn&#39;t start d/ling from the start. It (almost) randomly d/leds packages of a torrent. So that means the file header may be incomplete and videolan will not be able to play it.

Azureus now has an option to give more priority to parts at the beginning of a file. [/b][/quote]
Well mate it a guess.I still think i right Its not just bt its the same where ever you dowenload.Some will preview some wont..N i do know about "index" "header"

delphin460
03-26-2004, 11:39 AM
the other reason it might be you cant preview , the file might be double rar

eg small rar files inside a big rar file , like i have been told news groups do

and i can preview these types of files at all ubtil they are fully downloaded

KLResurrectionUser
03-26-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by delphin460@26 March 2004 - 11:39
the other reason it might be you cant preview , the file might be double rar

eg small rar files inside a big rar file , like i have been told news groups do

and i can preview these types of files at all ubtil they are fully downloaded

there are 4 files are inside a folder and are called:
Name -----------------------------------------------------------------Size---------Type
Ghost In The Shell (DivX 5) (AC3) by Ganjaman CD1.avi----48,128KB---Video Clip
Ghost In The Shell (DivX 5) (AC3) by Ganjaman CD1.srt----------- 0KB---SRT File
Ghost In The Shell (DivX 5) (AC3) by Ganjaman CD2.avi-----------0KB---Video Clip
Ghost In The Shell (DivX 5) (AC3) by Ganjaman CD2.srt------------0KB---SRT File

as u can they are not rar files. I dont know what to so im just gonna keep d/loading without the preview option available untill somebody can come up with a solution for me.