PDA

View Full Version : Power Failure, Files Gone?

need a medic
03-25-2004, 07:20 PM
:angry: i was trying to dl a 560 meg bin file and had about 20 megs left. the power went out and stopped all transfers of course. when i turned kazaa back on to resume dling the dat file was gone. i checked prior to turning kazaa on and the file was there. but gone when resumed. any ideas? i realize this file is gone but i would like to know what caused it to disappear so as to not have to restart dl if i stop them. :lol:

MUSLEMAN
03-25-2004, 08:22 PM
crashing and things of that nature will corrupt the dat files and klite deletes corrupt dat files :lol:

h1
03-26-2004, 01:00 AM
Try data recovery software like EnCase (http://www.encase.com), but since the file was being written to at the moment of the failure, I doubt you'll get anything.

Get an IPS system or at least a mini-generator with enough power to give you five seconds of delay.

MUSLEMAN
03-26-2004, 01:46 AM
very good haxor also i forgot to mention, please start backing up your dat files for this reason :lol:

need a medic
03-26-2004, 03:47 AM
due to slow dl speed i had left kazaa on all night. power went of during that time. no power back up (allready have 1 ty) will help me when i'm asleep. B)

MUSLEMAN
03-26-2004, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by need a medic@25 March 2004 - 23:47
due to slow dl speed i had left kazaa on all night. power went of during that time. no power back up (allready have 1 ty) will help me when i'm asleep. B)
i totally understand boss and its not your fault, just back them up next time before you to to bed.

we all leave it on when we go to bed :lol: